Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM  
Kind of a mod

Space Exploration megathread

Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

How to Watch a Live Launch

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 12-10-2020 at 03:36 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #3811
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I know he gets on some peoples' nerves, but this is pretty cool:
Not sure how Tim gets on peoples nerves...

I think his work is Pro.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #3812
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"After seven and a half million years, the super computer Deep Thought finally reveals the ultimate answer to the Universe, the question of life and everything else."

Oh, well, that's embarrassing. I've never read it...

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #3813
MVP

Quote:
Oh, well, that's embarrassing. I've never read it...

lololol

I kind of assumed based on the question.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #3814
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
lololol

I kind of assumed based on the question.

The really bad part is that two of my engineers got into a Teams chat about this last month, and I asked them WTF they were going on about. They told me, and I forgot...

"Donger, how the **** have you never read that book!? You're a geek!"

"I didn't like the title so I never read it..."
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #3815
MVP

Made me laugh when someone on Tim's stream today asked him if he could add SN8 into this scene...

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #3816
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something, SN8 didn't hit the pad on "landing." The video shows that it was way short. Not that it really matters, but...
Looks like a direct hit to me.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #3817
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Not sure how Tim gets on peoples nerves...

I think his work is Pro.
It's hard to discount his enthusiasm. His videos are top notch, albeit a bit in the weeds sometimes. I can't imagine people don't like him in general, but if you're looking for a NASA-style calm on launch, he ain't it.

I personally tend to watch him for mundane launches and for pre/post-game discussion when I'm in the mood, but for big events, I switch over to the official streams close to countdown.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #3818
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Looks like a direct hit to me.

That's where the wreckage ended up, yes.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=3788
Old 12-09-2020, 07:35 PM   #3819
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
It's hard to discount his enthusiasm. His videos are top notch, albeit a bit in the weeds sometimes. I can't imagine people don't like him in general, but if you're looking for a NASA-style calm on launch, he ain't it.

I personally tend to watch him for mundane launches and for pre/post-game discussion when I'm in the mood, but for big events, I switch over to the official streams close to countdown.
Actually, I do the same.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #3820
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:

Same.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #3821
MVP

Quote:

100% agree.

He's one of my few YouTube subcsriptions. Speaking of, maybe we should add a list of good space based YouTubers or Podcasts. I know there are slew of them, many just repackaged crap. So it'd be nice to have a list "vetted" by other users. In no particular order some of my faves are Scott Manley, Joe Scott, Frasier Cain, Tim Dodd, and USLaucnhReport. Love Isaac Arthur too, but he's more a "futurist / scifi" guy.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #3822
Kind of a mod

Here's a wild shot.

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #3823
Kind of a mod

Quote:
100% agree.

He's one of my few YouTube subcsriptions. Speaking of, maybe we should add a list of good space based YouTubers or Podcasts. I know there are slew of them, many just repackaged crap. So it'd be nice to have a list "vetted" by other users. In no particular order some of my faves are Scott Manley, Joe Scott, Frasier Cain, Tim Dodd, and USLaucnhReport. Love Isaac Arthur too, but he's more a "futurist / scifi" guy.
Happy to add it to the OP if you want to provide links. (I'll do it tomorrow - on my phone tonight.)
Old 12-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #3824
MVP

Quote:
Here's a wild shot.

That's an insane view!
Old 12-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #3825
MVP

Quote:
Happy to add it to the OP if you want to provide links. (I'll do it tomorrow - on my phone tonight.)
Cool

https://www.youtube.com/user/jnightandday
https://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg
https://www.youtube.com/user/universetoday
https://www.youtube.com/c/EverydayAstronaut
https://www.youtube.com/c/Uslaunchreport