Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2020, 08:05 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

All I Have is a Photograph....

With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arch Steeple.jpg
Views:	1610
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	120184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alleyspring.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	120185   Click image for larger version

Name:	bothwell.jpg
Views:	1465
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	120186   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeSoto2.jpg
Views:	1479
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	120187   Click image for larger version

Name:	lexbridge1993.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	120188  

Last edited by gblowfish; 04-05-2020 at 08:12 PM..
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #256
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Especially that big fire in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'm surprised the photographer wasn't burned to death.

Eh, I knew what he meant (bottom-right of the smoke cloud).
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #257
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Eh, I knew what he meant (bottom-right of the smoke cloud).
I did too, I just wanted to poke some fun at him.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #258
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Especially that big fire in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'm surprised the photographer wasn't burned to death.

Yeah yeah yeah.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:38 PM   #259
Live free or die hard

Not mine...
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:50 PM   #260
Banned

Got hassled for taking this one:

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:52 AM   #261
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

This was a weekend trek into the woods from last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	120710   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	558.1 KB
ID:	120711  
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #262
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post

Did you take it from the road? Federal Penitentiaries frown on coming on their grounds snapping pictures. The public road that can't do much about.

For those who don't know that's the Big House Leavenworth Federal Penitentiaries.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:49 PM
eDave
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #263
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

So THIS is THAT photo!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:57 PM
eDave
Old 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
eDave
Old 06-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #264
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Did you take it from the road? Federal Penitentiaries frown on coming on their grounds snapping pictures. The public road that can't do much about.

For those who don't know that's the Big House Leavenworth Federal Penitentiaries.
This is the last in the series as I moved closer. Would have gotten a closer pic if I wasn't rolled upon on all sides by security jeeps and guards running towards me with their hands on their guns. Proceeded by a very unpleasant discussion.

I'm very lucky I wasn't arrested.

Last edited by eDave; 06-25-2020 at 11:51 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:59 PM   #265
For The Glory Of The City

Just phone shots but the sunrise downtown this morning was really nice.

|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:06 AM   #266
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
This is the last in the series as I moved closer. Would have gotten a closer pic if I wasn't rolled upon on all sides by security jeeps and guards running towards me with their hands on their guns. Proceeded by a very unpleasant discussion.

I'm very lucky I wasn't arrested.
I have done a lot of work on the Army base it a really cool historic base. The Fed Pen sucks but in 2008 got out the survey instrument out and we watched mike Vick in the yard throwing the football with the other cons.

I had a run-in working on the new army max disciplinary barracks that was going to be one of the sites to house Guantanamo prisoners of war when Obama was to close them. It didn't happen and became the permanent home of the Army bad of the bad prisoners. The existing Military Disciplinary Barracks is where I had my run in. I was told by construction super I was free to go anywhere on the base that wasn't inside a security fence. I drove my truck around a ring road outside the perimeter of the barracks. I took a dirt trail up a steep 3:1 slope that was at about 80 feet above the Disciplinary Barracks. Then a military ring road guard pulled up while I was setting a tripod with GPS unit. Sternly told me to spread legs facing my truck with hands against topper side panels. He slowly walked toward me with an M4 rifle frisked me and took my leatherman. Then questioned me while holding his finger outside the trigger. This was a kid that couldn't be 20 years old but he meant business. Anyway, I was cuffed taken to the office questioned we had permits and I had gone through Federal background checks. I was released and allowed to retrieve my truck and equipment. I went to JE Dunn supers trailer office and gave him a piece of my mind and he wouldn't get his control point in that location. He blew his stake and was on phone to base commander. I got an apology and was able to go about anywhere outside the fencing.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #267
Live free or die hard

Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #268
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I have done a lot of work on the Army base it a really cool historic base. The Fed Pen sucks but in 2008 got out the survey instrument out and we watched mike Vick in the yard throwing the football with the other cons.

I had a run-in working on the new army max disciplinary barracks that was going to be one of the sites to house Guantanamo prisoners of war when Obama was to close them. It didn't happen and became the permanent home of the Army bad of the bad prisoners. The existing Military Disciplinary Barracks is where I had my run in. I was told by construction super I was free to go anywhere on the base that wasn't inside a security fence. I drove my truck around a ring road outside the perimeter of the barracks. I took a dirt trail up a steep 3:1 slope that was at about 80 feet above the Disciplinary Barracks. Then a military ring road guard pulled up while I was setting a tripod with GPS unit. Sternly told me to spread legs facing my truck with hands against topper side panels. He slowly walked toward me with an M4 rifle frisked me and took my leatherman. Then questioned me while holding his finger outside the trigger. This was a kid that couldn't be 20 years old but he meant business. Anyway, I was cuffed taken to the office questioned we had permits and I had gone through Federal background checks. I was released and allowed to retrieve my truck and equipment. I went to JE Dunn supers trailer office and gave him a piece of my mind and he wouldn't get his control point in that location. He blew his stake and was on phone to base commander. I got an apology and was able to go about anywhere outside the fencing.
Did you get the leatherman back?
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:35 AM   #269
Banned

NEOWISE over the San Tan mountains just outside Phoenix this morning.

Galaxy S10e. Pro settings: F/1.5,4". ISO400. 6 stacked frames (burst shots) to produce the final image using CombineZP.

Last edited by eDave; 07-12-2020 at 12:54 PM..
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #270
The Maintenance Guy

You just happened to be outside with your camera? Amazing.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.