Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 04:30 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****

Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Quote:
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

Last edited by Dante84; 04-27-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:46 AM   #301
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
i have to take a WR? Look, it's probably going to be McConkey, I'm just not happy about it.
I think a better question is how would you rank these WRs:

Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:46 AM   #302
MVP

I fully expect a swing at tackle and the rest of this draft will be floor players like the Nick Bolton draft where everyone was pissed. But that draft largely helped sculpt a baseline for this team.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:46 AM   #303
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
He missed the first four games last year, and 3 of those were agains stat padding bad teams.

Who's stats were these in college?
2019 7 rec, 168 yards, 2 TD
2020 9 rec, 51 yards, 1 TD
2021 43 rec, 805 yards, 6 TD
2022 48 rec, 625 yards, 5 TD

Spoiler!
fair point
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:46 AM   #304
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
i have to take a WR? Look, it's probably going to be McConkey, I'm just not happy about it.
No, not who do you THINK it will be. What WR would you want? (That would realisitcally be there)

Yes, if you HAD to take a WR at 32, who would YOU want?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:47 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
That's another way to put it i suppose. Add in option C) Other.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:48 AM   #306
Thank you

Everyone the KC Chiefs draft this year will be a first ballot hall of famer GUARANTEED!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:48 AM   #307
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Mitchell
McConkey
Worthy
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM   #308
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
Everyone the KC Chiefs draft this year will be a first ballot hall of famer GUARANTEED!!!!
This was my first thought when I woke up this morning
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:49 AM   #309
In Search of a Life

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:50 AM   #310

Quote:
Mitchell
McConkey
Worthy
For me it'd be:

Worthy
McConkey
Mitchell

...I am just not impressed with Mitchell at all. /Shrug. I know im in the minority with that one.

But i was in the minority with Hyatt and Johnston last year too. Just gonna trust myself and wear the egg on my face if i have to.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:51 AM   #311
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
No, not who do you THINK it will be. What WR would you want? (That would realisitcally be there)

Yes, if you HAD to take a WR at 32, who would YOU want?
McConkey, assuming Mitchell is gone.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:52 AM   #312

Quote:
McConkey, assuming Mitchell is gone.
So then you ARE high on McConkey.

No Legette, Coleman, Franklin etc, eh?
Old 04-25-2024, 11:53 AM   #313
In Search of a Life

Quote:
For me it'd be:

Worthy
McConkey
Mitchell

...I am just not impressed with Mitchell at all. /Shrug. I know im in the minority with that one.

But i was in the minority with Hyatt and Johnston last year too. Just gonna trust myself and wear the egg on my face if i have to.
Ladd, Mitchell, Worthy. If Worthy can withstand hits in the NFL he will be by far number 1
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:53 AM   #314
MVP

Quote:
For me it'd be:

Worthy
McConkey
Mitchell

I like how he tracked the ball but this offense sure seems to be predicated on YAC, which is his biggest weakness. I like Mitchell the player and I'm not sure he fits here.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:55 AM   #315
MVP

Quote:
So then you ARE high on McConkey.

No Legette, Coleman, Franklin etc, eh?
everyone has warts at that point. I'm normally 100% into trading down, but I think the way it shakes out this year, they have to overspend to trade up.