Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2020, 09:25 AM  
Always ask 'Why?"

Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?

How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?

Last edited by Trivers; 04-02-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:46 PM   #436
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
crickets on the EIDL grants!
Was having this exact conversation today with my boss.....I haven't heard of anything on the EIDL....not a single client, business owner, friend, colleague, distance cousin....not one person has reported anything on EIDL....

just my $0.02, but the SBA is on the hook for EIDL...so focus on PPP!
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #437
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
We just got the Step 1 notification that the SBA has approved the loan....but the credit union had no date of when funding will occur.
That's actually not step one! you're better than a lot of folks right now....no promise, but it seems like once the SBA notice goes through, the funding is happening quickly....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #438
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
Was having this exact conversation today with my boss.....I haven't heard of anything on the EIDL....not a single client, business owner, friend, colleague, distance cousin....not one person has reported anything on EIDL....

Maybe it's a government scam. We had to submit our Full Name , address birthdate, place of birth, and bank account routing /account number. We're all set up to get drained !
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:24 PM   #439
To the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post

People are reporting deposits of $1k - $10k as of today.
DRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-10-2020, 06:42 PM   #440
Distributor of Pain

I got approved yesterday (PPP). It literally took about an hour to get approved. No clue as to when the money will hit though. Had a friend apply a week ago, got approved that day, and said the money was supposed to hit yesterday. But still nothing.
bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #441
Supporter

I signed final docs on the PPP today and the funds will be deposited Monday!
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:32 PM   #442
Supporter

Here's a blog post from Paul Niefer. He's an ag accountant, but his stuff on the SBA loans should transfer. Of course, they're still trying to work this out as he talks about in his blog, but it's what we need to start looking at.

LINK

How Much of Your PPP Will be Forgiven?
April 9, 2020 Paul Neiffer

Now that you have received a Paycheck Protection Program loan, you will need to understand the calculations on how much of the loan might be forgiven. As we write this blog post there is already another Bill in the Senate to increase the funding amount by close to $200 billion and make some changes to the program.

But for now, we will focus on how the law allows for part or all of the loan to be forgiven.

The covered period to determine how much will be forgiven starts the day after the loan is funded and runs for 8 weeks. During that period, you are allowed to accumulate all of your payroll costs (employee compensation, group health costs, retirement payments and state and local employer portion taxes), rents, interest on mortgages and utilities. Rents, interest and utility payments all had to be in place on February 15, 2020. The law does mention mortgages on personal property. That needs to be defined.

In order to have all of the loan forgiven, at least 75% must be spent on payroll costs. The new bill may eliminate this requirement. The other 25% can be spent on rents, interest and utilities.

However, simply spending 75% on labor costs may not result in full forgiveness. There are two tests that you must meet. First, your full-time equivalent employee (FTEE) count must be either equal to or greater than a test period. The test period is either February 15, 2019 through June 30, 2019, or January 1, 2020 to February 29, 2020. All of these tests are based on monthly averages.

If your FTEE’s during the covered period is greater than the test period, then no reduction in loan forgiveness. For many farmers this may be fairly easy to meet. However, the next adjustment calculation may be more burdensome.

You are required to determine if total pay to each employee during the 8 week covered period is less than 75% of the total pay during the first quarter of 2020 (the wording in the CARES Act discusses a more than 25% reduction in total pay for each employee). The first quarter has 13 weeks and 75% of 13 is 9.75 weeks. Therefore, to not have any reduction in loan forgiveness you are required to stuff 9.75 weeks of pay for each employee into an 8 week period. Let’s look at an example:

Sue obtains a PPP loan of $40,000 based on wages paid to her five hired hands. During the first quarter she paid the 5 workers a total of $50,000. 75% of $50,000 is $37,500. During the 8 week covered period, she paid the workers $29,000. $8,500 of her $40,000 loan will not be forgiven even though she spent all $40,000 on payroll costs during the period (the other $11,000 was spent on health insurance and state payroll taxes).

This calculation appears to be required for each employee and any employee whose annualized pay exceeded $100,000 for any pay period in 2019 is not counted. Here is an example:

One of Sue’s workers incurred a large amount of overtime in 2019 for one pay period. She pays her workers weekly and his gross payroll for that particular week was $2,000 which results in $104,000 of annualized pay. Sue does not need to include him in the loan forgiveness calculation.

The bottom line is that PPP loans may be easy to get, but they may be tougher to get full forgiveness. We shall see if Congress makes changes to this or if that was their intent.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #443
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU View Post
I'm self-employed, S-corp, with only myself on the payroll.

Equity Bank could not have made this any easier on me. Started the process on Wednesday this week, and was funded today. Yes, 3 days total, and about 30 min of my time...max.

* Sent me initial application packet with instructions to calculate forgivable loan amount. Had this filled out in about 5 min.

* Needed to provide 2019 Payroll reports and employer match 401k contribution. I had all of this available in my Google Drive already.

* Equity provided me with a simple drop box to upload the application, worksheet, borrower acknowledgement, and 2019 compensation reports. This was done on Wed.

* Received word early this morning that the loan was approved and just waiting for SBA loan number and promissory note.

* Around noon I received the DocuSign for the loan. Clickety-click, done.

* Cash is now funded in the new business account Equity setup for me specifically for this.

So glad I moved away from Bank of America to Equity Bank 4 years ago. EVERYTHING about them is 1000x better, and now with current events happening and seeing the nightmare people are going through trying to get this stuff with big banks, it just further solidifies that I will never bank with a big bank again.

Equity is regional. They know my name when I walk in and greet me with a big smile. When I call their phone number they immediately pick up and are able to help with whatever I need. When I email they reply back or call within minutes.

I have a HELOC with them as well, and that process was extremely smooth.

Can't rave about them enough.
I have nothing but good things to say about Equity Bank. I have an account with them for my LLC, and I can vouch for everything you've said about them. Absolutely first rate.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #444
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Here's a blog post from Paul Niefer. He's an ag accountant, but his stuff on the SBA loans should transfer. Of course, they're still trying to work this out as he talks about in his blog, but it's what we need to start looking at.

LINK

How Much of Your PPP Will be Forgiven?
April 9, 2020 Paul Neiffer

Now that you have received a Paycheck Protection Program loan, you will need to understand the calculations on how much of the loan might be forgiven. As we write this blog post there is already another Bill in the Senate to increase the funding amount by close to $200 billion and make some changes to the program.

But for now, we will focus on how the law allows for part or all of the loan to be forgiven.

The covered period to determine how much will be forgiven starts the day after the loan is funded and runs for 8 weeks. During that period, you are allowed to accumulate all of your payroll costs (employee compensation, group health costs, retirement payments and state and local employer portion taxes), rents, interest on mortgages and utilities. Rents, interest and utility payments all had to be in place on February 15, 2020. The law does mention mortgages on personal property. That needs to be defined.

In order to have all of the loan forgiven, at least 75% must be spent on payroll costs. The new bill may eliminate this requirement. The other 25% can be spent on rents, interest and utilities.

However, simply spending 75% on labor costs may not result in full forgiveness. There are two tests that you must meet. First, your full-time equivalent employee (FTEE) count must be either equal to or greater than a test period. The test period is either February 15, 2019 through June 30, 2019, or January 1, 2020 to February 29, 2020. All of these tests are based on monthly averages.

If your FTEE’s during the covered period is greater than the test period, then no reduction in loan forgiveness. For many farmers this may be fairly easy to meet. However, the next adjustment calculation may be more burdensome.

You are required to determine if total pay to each employee during the 8 week covered period is less than 75% of the total pay during the first quarter of 2020 (the wording in the CARES Act discusses a more than 25% reduction in total pay for each employee). The first quarter has 13 weeks and 75% of 13 is 9.75 weeks. Therefore, to not have any reduction in loan forgiveness you are required to stuff 9.75 weeks of pay for each employee into an 8 week period. Let’s look at an example:

Sue obtains a PPP loan of $40,000 based on wages paid to her five hired hands. During the first quarter she paid the 5 workers a total of $50,000. 75% of $50,000 is $37,500. During the 8 week covered period, she paid the workers $29,000. $8,500 of her $40,000 loan will not be forgiven even though she spent all $40,000 on payroll costs during the period (the other $11,000 was spent on health insurance and state payroll taxes).

This calculation appears to be required for each employee and any employee whose annualized pay exceeded $100,000 for any pay period in 2019 is not counted. Here is an example:

One of Sue’s workers incurred a large amount of overtime in 2019 for one pay period. She pays her workers weekly and his gross payroll for that particular week was $2,000 which results in $104,000 of annualized pay. Sue does not need to include him in the loan forgiveness calculation.

The bottom line is that PPP loans may be easy to get, but they may be tougher to get full forgiveness. We shall see if Congress makes changes to this or if that was their intent.
This is a fantastic write up....thank you! The one thing I'd clarify is that the interest allowed under PPP is mortgage interest. The exact language in CARES is "payments of interest on any covered mortgage obligation (which shall not include any prepayment of or payment of principal on a covered mortgage obligation);"
Old 04-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #445
11-5, baby

Finalized our PPP application Friday.

Should get paid by Wednesday or so.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #446
Always ask 'Why?"

any word or news on EIDLs?

It appears you ain't getting 10K unless you have 10 or more employees.

“The SBA is experiencing a large volume of applications for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan,” the agency wrote to one loan applicant in a message shared with The New York Times. “Due to current appropriations for this program, the SBA will make initial loan disbursements for two months of working capital up to a maximum of $15,000 per applicant.”

In remarks on the Senate floor on Thursday, Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) also said the loan program was “only able to provide $15,000” to small businesses that applied, even though the average amount requested was $200,000.

Small businesses have applied for $372 billion worth of Economic Injury Disaster Loans, according to Cardin. “But here’s the problem: We have only authorized $7.3 billion for that program,” he said.

Cardin has called for providing the program with enough money to make another $300 billion worth of loans.

Last edited by Trivers; 04-13-2020 at 09:48 AM..
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #447
Supporter

This is ****ed.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #448
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

This is ****ed.
It’s all ****ed.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #449
Colorado Chief Fan

I applied for both the PPP and EIDL.

Havent heard shit on either one. Meanwhile my customer base has dried up to almost nothing.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #450
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
I applied for both the PPP and EIDL.

Havent heard shit on either one. Meanwhile my customer base has dried up to almost nothing.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.