Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2021, 11:36 AM  
The man you could post like.

COVID Memo from the NFL

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #271
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Every doctor or scientist whose lectures I watched contradicted what you said.

I'm going to stick with that because historically, natural infection is stronger than any vaccine against viruses.

The only vaccines that might be stronger than natural are designed to stop bacteria.
I don't know what doctors or scientists you depend on, but that's not correct.

Don't draw on history. Draw on the data we have right in front of us.

Read this: https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...infection.html
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #272
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I live in Key West, Florida, Direckshun.

Key West, FL.

I don’t know one person that’s been hospitalized or died of COVID, but I know many that have had it and been just fine. Our hospital has never been overrun and we’ve been open for the majority of the pandemic. Tourists have been flocking here for months on end.

I was very tired for a week straight and slept most of the time. I’ll take my chances.
You generally should not guide your behavior during a pandemic on what you yourself have experienced.

You should be guided by the data. And I'm pretty sure the data doesn't say you've found the one place in America that's evaded the pandemic.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #273
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
You generally should not guide your behavior during a pandemic on what you yourself have experienced.

You should be guided by the data. And I'm pretty sure the data doesn't say you've found the one place in America that's evaded the pandemic.
I didn’t say we’ve “evaded” the pandemic.

It just hasn’t been nearly as bad as it is in other places, despite us being open for the majority of the time. I’m sure the weather down here is a factor, but that isn’t changing.

If it wasn’t that bad down here before the vaccine, I have a hard time seeing it ever getting that bad now.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #274
__

Quote:
If it wasn’t that bad down here before the vaccine, I have a hard time seeing it ever getting that bad now.
Infection rates are hitting peaks now in some parts of the country, so it's coming to your neighborhood unless you've achieved herd immunity. That's a start.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #275
Generational Player

Quote:
I don't know what doctors or scientists you depend on, but that's not correct.

Don't draw on history. Draw on the data we have right in front of us.

Read this: https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...infection.html

Vaccination offers longer, stronger immunity, says virologist Sabra Klein.

Well, don't worry. We will have plenty of data on this soon. Klein will be proven wrong.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:44 AM   #276
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Infection rates are hitting peaks now in some parts of the country, so it's coming to your neighborhood unless you've achieved herd immunity. That's a start.
Infection rates are peaking! What about deaths and hospitalizations?

Again, we’ve been open and running for the majority of the pandemic, and have been a hot spot for tourism (even more than usual).

I know many many people that have had COVID, but not 1 that has been hospitalized or died.

I’ll take my chances.

If I lived in a big city, and had more contact with strangers and people in general, I’d be more concerned.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:45 AM   #277
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm speaking about vaccine efficacy and such, not natural infection, so my apologies. I believe I crossed up talking points.

Natural infection will give you so many epitopes to recognize along with strong cellular immunity. Depending on antigenic drift, it's not gonna be long durable but will hold up well, IMO.

But you also have to get sick to get that.
Correct.

I get that someone high risk would want to avoid natural infection. I wasn't speaking on that, just durability of natural infection.

T cells were recognizing Sars1 17 years later.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #278
__

Quote:

Vaccination offers longer, stronger immunity, says virologist Sabra Klein.

Well, don't worry. We will have plenty of data on this soon. Klein will be proven wrong.
Do you think she's lying? She's wrong? Does she not know as much about virology as you?
Old 07-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #279
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Hospitalization rates are going through the roof.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #280
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Correct.

I get that someone high risk would want to avoid natural infection. I wasn't speaking on that, just durability of natural infection.

T cells were recognizing Sars1 17 years later.
Recognition doesn't equal sterilization. I'd have to draw back on some Immunological memory lectures and thats been, well, a while.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #281
Generational Player

Quote:
Do you think she's lying? She's wrong? Does she not know as much about virology as you?

Honestly, I think she's lying. Of course she knows more than me.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #282
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Hospitalization rates are going through the roof.
Well that’s unfortunate, but it’s not happening here and I don’t see it happening.

Again, I’ve already had COVID. I will take my chances.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #283
__

Quote:

Again, we’ve been open and running for the majority of the pandemic, and have been a hot spot for tourism (even more than usual).

I know many many people that have had COVID, but not 1 that has been hospitalized or died.

I’ll take my chances.

If I lived in a big city, and had more contact with strangers and people in general, I’d be more concerned.
The only part of this that makes sense is that you'll take your chances.

Trying to make scientific arguments against vaccination isn't going to work. The idea that your location (a.) isn't urban enough, (b.) hasn't been a hot spot yet, (c.) is probably fine because you don't know any of the hundreds of thousands of people who've been hospitalized or died, or (d.) that you literally don't know the death rates or hospitalizations...

These are all weak arguments/sentiments at best and flat out wrong at worst.

You just don't want to take it, and you're not being up front with why. Because you're too smart to believe that any of those listed items make sense.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #284
__

Quote:
Honestly, I think she's lying. Of course she knows more than me.
Why do you think she's lying?
Old 07-23-2021, 11:51 AM   #285
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Gat Damn. And just when I was starting to miss the morality posturing on this subject.

Yippee!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.