Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
Meh... even that doesn't even matter. His comp is continually Golden Tate who went at pick #60, played 11 years in the league, and had over 8,000 career yards, including a few 1k seasons.

Even if that is all he ever is, it was a great pick If you were told Tate were his floor and Brown were his ceiling, you'd be pretty happy I'd think.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:03 AM   #4
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Meh... even that doesn't even matter. His comp is continually Golden Tate who went at pick #60, played 11 years in the league, and had over 8,000 career yards, including a few 1k seasons.

Even if that is all he ever is, it was a great pick If you were told Tate were his floor and Brown were his ceiling, you'd be pretty happy I'd think.
Tate's not his floor.

Albert Wilson is. Maybe.

Tate is FAR closer to his ceiling and again, citing Antonio Brown is the same thing people do when they call very 6 ft tall righty who throws 90 Greg Maddux.

By that logic, just about everyone drafted this week has a ceiling somewhere between Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. It dilutes the analysis to the point that it is worthless.

Wanna call Golden Tate or Tyler Lockett his ceiling and I'll listen. But to cite one of the NFL's all-time outliers and say "he can be X!" just doesn't accomplish anything.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
My argument is we’re heading down Frank Clark road where folks said he was a potential DPOY and knocking down straw men before they started making excuses for him when he looked to be exactly the sort of overpay I thought he was.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:58 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
Fair enough, if that's what you think. The third round feels a little far-fetched given how he profiles. He definitely looks closer to a #1 than a limited role player. Now, Mecole Hardman, he's a guy that looked like a limited role player that was pushed up into the 2nd and should have been a 3rd because of his shortcomings as a route runner and somewhat suspect hands. That's not the case with this kid.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.