Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:44 AM   #766
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Robert Smith is highly intelligent, and is probably in my top 3-5 sports commentator s.

He got his brain squashed and said **** it.
Under-rated part of a ridiculously talented offense.

He also once appeared in MST3K, which makes him significantly MORE awesome.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:47 AM   #767
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Perhaps he was tired of getting his ass kicked because the Colts couldn't care less about getting a line to protect him...
Luck got hit less than any full time QB in the NFL last year.

The whole 'blame the OL' thing is a bit much. Eli Manning hasn't missed a game and he never had an OL as good as the 2019 colts. His OL is always trash. Still is.

Come to think of it, Aaron Rodgers has spent most of his career behind bad OL's as well.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:49 AM   #768
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
The thing about gladiating that I never understood was if these guys ... you know ... knew each other outside the arena.

In the movies, they usually train together and share the same locker dungeon and stockade area and it's reasonable to assume that they also ate meals together and probably shared some good old-fashioned gladiation humor during off-hours.

Therefore, it's perfectly logical to assume that friendships were established among the gladiator bros. Yet, they're now supposed to draw straws or whatever in order to determine their opponent ... so they could wind up driving a Spatha right in their bestest buddy's eye socket. (Depending, of course, on the whole thumb thing and how that works out.)

According to Dante, betrayal of a friend gets you in a worse hell than murder or rape, so chopping a pal into bits for entertainment purposes seems particularly cruel.

FAX
Those were the halcyon days werent they?
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:36 AM   #769
Training Camp Hero

Wonder if anyone who claims Luck is a pussy thinks Gronk is too? Gronk has said that he retired in part because injuries were making football not enjoyable.
Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs=Champions Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:05 AM   #770
Consuming CP souls

Yup we sure do
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #771
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Sorry you hate your life so much.

Maybe read a self help book?
How do you correlate me hating my life w that post? Maybe you should take some reading comprehension classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen View Post
Why are you so worked up over this?
I wouldnt say I am worked up I'm just making a few posts voicing my opinion. As usual because I'm not a follower and going along w the crowd many here on CP want to act like I am obsessed w Luck retiring which is ridiculous.

It is what it is. Lucks life, he has a right to do what he feels is best for him and I have a right to think he is a dick for retiring 2-weeks before the start of the season. Not a big deal either way.

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 08-28-2019 at 11:44 AM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #772
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good View Post
Wonder if anyone who claims Luck is a pussy thinks Gronk is too? Gronk has said that he retired in part because injuries were making football not enjoyable.
I always thought gronk was a pussy
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #773
I'll be back.

gronk got to **** playboy girls

no tears
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #774
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
The more I think about this, the more I think it's not that big a deal.

Barry Sanders announced his retirement right before training camp, at 31.

Jim Brown retired abruptly at 29.

Calvin Johnson retired right before preseason, I think, at 30.

Gronk just retired at 29.

The list goes on.

Colts fans are going to be upset for awhile, but probably not nearly to the degree that Detroit fans and local Detroit media flipped out when Barry walked away from the Lions. They hated on Barry for years.
As a fan, it’s really quite amazing how different the future of the franchise looks now than it did Saturday afternoon.

All because of one guy.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #775
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Luck hosed them and kept 97 mil. He's an asshole and a selfish one. You could cut my arm off if you paid me 97 mil and he quits because he's tired of rehab? This is worse than Berry quitting on us.
At the end of the day, the game is a business. And if Luck started sucking for years, the team wouldnt have a problem pulling the cord and releasing him.

I dont have any problem with people walking away from the game when they want - ESPECIALLY if they're body has taken multiple massive injuries (such as Luck has).

I played multiple sports up until my late 40s.......and I can barely walk when I get out of bed in the morning.

I cant imagine what it must feel like to a NFL veteran.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #776
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
At the end of the day, the game is a business. And if Luck started sucking for years, the team wouldnt have a problem pulling the cord and releasing him.

I dont have any problem with people walking away from the game when they want - ESPECIALLY if they're body has taken multiple massive injuries (such as Luck has).

I played multiple sports up until my late 40s.......and I can barely walk when I get out of bed in the morning.

I cant imagine what it must feel like to a NFL veteran.
I don't think anyone has a problem that Luck retired it is doing it within 2-weeks of the start of the season that people have a problem with. I can almost guarantee you if you were a Colts fan and bought season tickets expecting him to play, you'd be pissed.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #777
Going home eventually

Luck is weak. His wife said we have 98 mil and I'm not going to take care of this damn baby while you go play a game. So he quit and used the injury shit as an excuse. Big sissy.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #778
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Luck got hit less than any full time QB in the NFL last year.

The whole 'blame the OL' thing is a bit much. Eli Manning hasn't missed a game and he never had an OL as good as the 2019 colts. His OL is always trash. Still is.

Come to think of it, Aaron Rodgers has spent most of his career behind bad OL's as well.
I think that made this year even more discouraging for him. He would like get hit more every remaining year of his career.

In the season where he was barely touched, he still came away with an injury to start the following season.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:15 PM   #779
SuperBowl or bust

Gronk has multiple injury concerns coming into the NFL.

Including back issues.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #780
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Luck is weak. His wife said we have 98 mil and I'm not going to take care of this damn baby while you go play a game. So he quit and used the injury shit as an excuse. Big sissy.
Thank you for giving us the inside scoop on the real reason Luck retired. I knew if anyone had insight it was you. The guy who everyone on the board agrees is a racist, miserable dipshit. Who wouldn’t make up something like Luck was told by his wife to retire, because of the baby. Then call him weak to make up another thing to bleed out about. Thanks Dawg, we all truly appreciate the hard hitting work you do to get to the bottom of why Luck retired.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote