Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #61
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Try his Senior Bowl reps. That's where he made his money - https://youtu.be/UInHP3EG2F0
Okay. Now that was impressive. Thanks!

I'm wondering if the scheme at FSU held him back some?
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:20 AM   #62
MVP

Quasi-Unpopular Opinion: J Williams is the ONLY target worth trading up multiple picks for in this draft.

I know, I know, the DL, but this draft doesn't have a lot of world-beaters on DL and is actually pretty deep at second-tier EDGE talent. D Wyatt? Sure, I like him too but his sack stats don't line up with CPs vision of him. Johnson or Karliftas, I like them just fine as well, but in truth neither has much hype from national pundits and I don't see much from either that suggests they'll be the next Jared Allen for us. Where's the young N Suh or J Clowney that has ESPN draft heads going crazy for that we'd be getting with our package of picks? There's plenty of talent in the second round with Ojabo, Ebiketie, Enagbare, Bonito, etc... that could pan out to be just as impactful pass rushers. Meanwhile, Williams has seemingly separated himself from the pack as a clear top-tier talent and is being compared to Devonta, Waddle, and even Tyreek regularly despite being injured.

If we want a guaranteed high-impact player in the 1st my money's on trading up for J Williams.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:24 AM   #63
In Search of a Life

This is gonna shock you guys to your core.

I don't wanna trade up. Don't chase high impact players. Just stock the team with good players. Develop them into that type of guy if you can.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:33 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Quasi-Unpopular Opinion: J Williams is the ONLY target worth trading up multiple picks for in this draft.

I know, I know, the DL, but this draft doesn't have a lot of world-beaters on DL and is actually pretty deep at second-tier EDGE talent. D Wyatt? Sure, I like him too but his sack stats don't line up with CPs vision of him. Johnson or Karliftas, I like them just fine as well, but in truth neither has much hype from national pundits and I don't see much from either that suggests they'll be the next Jared Allen for us. Where's the young N Suh or J Clowney that has ESPN draft heads going crazy for that we'd be getting with our package of picks? There's plenty of talent in the second round with Ojabo, Ebiketie, Enagbare, Bonito, etc... that could pan out to be just as impactful pass rushers. Meanwhile, Williams has seemingly separated himself from the pack as a clear top-tier talent and is being compared to Devonta, Waddle, and even Tyreek regularly despite being injured.

If we want a guaranteed high-impact player in the 1st my money's on trading up for J Williams.
I'd say the vast majority of sports pundits disagree with you very much on the value of Jermaine Johnson. Pretty much everyone has him 14 or higher. Here's a quick synopsis:

Josh Edwards (CBS) - 14 to BAL
Peter Schrager (NFL) - 8 to ATL
Luke Easterling (Draftwire) - 16 to NYG in trade down
Kevin Hanson (Sports Illustrated) - 8 to ATL
Clarence Hill (Star Telegram) - 13 to HOU
Pete Fiutak (College Football News) - 8 to ATL
Zach Kruse (Touchdown Wire) - 14 to BAL
Matt Fitzgerald (Barstool Sports) - 14 to BAL
Chris Trapasso (CBS) - 18 to PHI
Aaron Wilson (PFN) - 10 to NYJ
Sam Monson (PFF) - 26 to TEN
Draftek Staff - 8 to ATL
Ryan Honey (Elite Sports NY) - 29 to KC
Matthew Freedman (Fantasy Pros) - 13 to HOU
Logan Ulrich (NFL Trade Rumors) - 8 to ATL
Eddie Brown (San Diego Tribune) - 10 to NYJ
Sayre Bedinger (NFL Spin Zone) - 7 to NYG
Pete Prisco (CBS) - 7 to NYG
Dan Servodidio (Fantasy Alarm) - 13 to HOU
Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz (USA Today) - 13 to HOU
Charles Davis (NFL) - 7 to NYJ
Walter Cherpinsky (Walter Football) - 8 to ATL
Charlie Campbell (Walter Football) - 8 to ATL
Doug Farrar (Touchdown Wire) - 16 to NYG in trade down
PFF Staff - 9 to SEA
Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) - 13 to HOU
Shane Hallam (Draft Countdown) - 4 to NYJ
Ryan Wilson (CBS) - 14 to BAL
Zack Patraw (Sports Illustrated) - 19 to PHI
Drew Boylhart (The Huddle Report) - 4 to NYJ
Robby Esch (The Huddle Report) - 5 to NYG
Forrest Long (The Huddle Report) - 13 to HOU
Lance Zierlein (NFL) - 7 to NYG
Dane Brugler - 11th overall prospect
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:01 AM   #65
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

I don't wanna trade up. Don't chase high impact players. Just stock the team with good players. Develop them into that type of guy if you can.
Somebody hacked O.City's account, y'all.

Austin needs to fix his shit.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #66
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #67
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

Unless you can trade those low firsts for established players....right? RIGHT?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:11 AM   #68
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Somebody hacked O.City's account, y'all.

Austin needs to fix his shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I may have the flu or something apparently it's going around our friends group.

But if we want high impact players, we're gonna have to develop them. Not trade up picks for them. It's the curse of having a HOF coach and QB in their primes.

We ain't likely picking high enough to get blue collar guys. So the scouting dept has to be on their shit.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #69
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Unless you can trade those low firsts for established players....right? RIGHT?
Oh absolutely still do that. THats one way to get those impact guys.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:13 AM   #70
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Oh absolutely still do that. THats one way to get those impact guys.
It's okay guys. It's still him.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:16 AM   #71
Veteran

Somebody want to break down the DE's based on style of play for a novice like myself? I've read a lot of you smarter draft/scouting guys comment on certain players, ie. how two different ends drafted in a certain mock are basically talented in the same way or both profile with the same style and would be redundant.

I've never done mock drafts before, but in this offseason boredom with an abundance of picks I've probably done 10 a day on the different sites. That being said, I'm not smart enough to know that drafting Cam Thomas and Karlaftis both is basically getting the same type of guy (not sure if this is 100% accurate). Anybody care to group the type of DE's together for a rookie mock drafter?
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-08-2022, 09:17 AM   #72
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
It's okay guys. It's still him.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #73
Andy Reid Supporter

Who would you trade up for? I mean damn Johnson is going too 10 and Karlaftis is being mocked in mid teens. Who else is there unless it’s a WR?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'd say the vast majority of sports pundits disagree with you very much on the value of Jermaine Johnson. Pretty much everyone has him 14 or higher. Here's a quick synopsis:
I agree that he's rated to go in the top 15-20 of this draft and that he's a very solid DE, but I've yet to hear a lot of real buzz about him. What super-elite trait does he possess? Are we getting a Bosa-type game changer? He's just not as exciting of a prospect as adding J Williams who has the potential to hit a home run with any play.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I agree that he's rated to go in the top 15-20 of this draft and that he's a very solid DE, but I've yet to hear a lot of real buzz about him. What super-elite trait does he possess? Are we getting a Bosa-type game changer? He's just not as exciting of a prospect as adding J Williams who has the potential to hit a home run with any play.
He has elite strength at the point of attack, that's his most elite trait. He's not going backward. He's going to, for the most part, shut down the run game to his side and he's fairly adept at getting to the QB. I've kind of analyzed this already in another thread though. No, you're not getting Bosa in the 11-15 range. Bosa was the #3 overall pick. That's Aidan Hutchinson in this draft. You want those guys you gotta suck ass.

There's about 20 WRs that are a homerun threat on any play in this draft. What makes Williams so special in that regard? Surely there's a lot more to his game than that one item? That's where I am with Johnson, he's pretty good at everything and just getting started (much like Williams last year was his first as a starter and the dude put up 70 tackles, 18 tfl, and 12 sacks).
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote