Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:56 AM   #151
Veteran

I'm excited to see what Veach does with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. I could see him using both first round picks to move up, then the other to move back and recreate some of the lost capital. However, if they're able to move up to 16-20 range with only losing 29 and 62 (let's say) in order to get Olave, Wilson, London or Williams then I could see them standing pat with 30 and 50. It'll just depend on what teams are asking for for them to move up.

I don't think we are moving up much further than 15/16 if we do move up. Just think it will cost tew much
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-18-2022, 11:17 AM   #152
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I like the idea of trading down and burning future draft Capital to take advantage of the value that will be available in the second and third rounds at edge, WR, S, and DT. I think developing a rotation and situational flexibility of these second tier talents will create more value than drafting one Johnson or Wyatt.

Imagine adding Jones, Ebiketie, Hall, Winfrey, Enagbare with some guys in the Ingram role like Barno, for example. You can create a lot of packages with that talent and rotate them regularly. I would hate to face fresh linemen every series if I was an offensive lineman.
You gotta have playmakers too and the Chiefs are starting to run short on them. A solid roster gets you so far, but those A players put you over the top.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #153
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
You gotta have playmakers too and the Chiefs are starting to run short on them. A solid roster gets you so far, but those A players put you over the top.
Absolutely!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:42 PM   #154
SuperBowl or bust

Let’s talk about moving up for Jordan Davis.

If he falls to 15, I’d make a move at retail price for him.

Just to watch him snd Jones completely destroys one interior lines.

Add Cam Thomas and Sam Williams to that DL and that DL could be elite and scary. And young. And cheap, even with giving Kones a big extension next year.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:59 PM   #155
MVP

Despite the consensus in the media mocks, I would not be too surprised to see Davis last to the early twenties.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Let’s talk about moving up for Jordan Davis.

If he falls to 15, I’d make a move at retail price for him.

Just to watch him snd Jones completely destroys one interior lines.

Add Cam Thomas and Sam Williams to that DL and that DL could be elite and scary. And young. And cheap, even with giving Kones a big extension next year.
I'm actually intrigued with this idea BossChief. Mentioned something very similar with Davis and a couple of DE's. Didn't go over very well. But none the less, I am still totally okay with this scenario.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:13 AM   #157
Starter

This is a pretty interesting excerpt from Arrowhead Pride this morning:

"In the decade since the NFL’s rookie wage scale took effect, there have been only two instances in which teams moved up from the back end of the first round (picks 25-32) into the top 15 for a non-quarterback. In 2011, the Atlanta Falcons did so to select wide receiver Julio Jones. Then in 2018, the New Orleans Saints moved up to select defensive end Marcus Davenport. Both teams gave up multiple first-round picks to make those moves.

In that same span, the only teams to trade from the bottom of the first round into the top 20 for a non-quarterback were the Green Bay Packers (for cornerback Jaire Alexander in 2018), the Saints (for wide receiver Brandin Cooks in 2014) and the San Francisco 49ers (for safety Eric Reid in 2013). Those trades required a late first-rounder and the equivalent of a late second-rounder."

Fewer than I thought, less effective moves than I would have guessed. In a deeper draft than usual (2 drafts a decade this deep?), I hope it is further ammunition to "not" trade-up unless there is a shocking slide down the board (Wyatt for one...). Build a foundation this year, decorate the interior next year.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:23 AM   #158
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
That D would be reminiscent of '20 Tampa. Young, fast D with great front 7, able to get after the QB from all spots, and a HoF QB with good talent around him. Good enough to win a SB w/ no HoFers (Kelce being the bonus). There are many ways to get the job done, but I'm so sick of watching a hapless Shriner Parade defenses going back to Vermeil, I can't stand it any more! Fill those gaping holes in the D!
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:28 AM   #159
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I'm actually intrigued with this idea BossChief. Mentioned something very similar with Davis and a couple of DE's. Didn't go over very well. But none the less, I am still totally okay with this scenario.
The issue with Jordan Davis is that he really does look like a two-down DT. He didn't have strong sack production in college, and there isn't really a history of run-stuffing DTs in college morphing into sack machines in the NFL. You can apply the same question mark to Devonte Wyatt, if you want.

I would not trade up for a two-down guy if I'm the Chiefs. Don't think it really helps them at all.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:31 AM   #160
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
King talks about it in his article.

COVID MADE THIS DRAFT DEEPER
GM6: “When so many college players had shortened seasons, or no seasons [in 2020], a lot of them chose to stay and play a regular year last year. That’s why the draft’s deeper this year. Not just at the top, but all the way through.”

GM7: “This is the year to have a bunch of day two and day three picks. And I think the pool of undrafted free agents will be better than usual.”

GM8: “One of our analytics guys was talking about how Covid made this draft richer. Look at all the picks Baltimore has in the third and fourth rounds. [The Ravens have seven in the third and fourth combined.] Those picks are absolute gold. They are going to have a great draft. Five years from now, that will be the story to look back on.”

GM9: “I’m extremely bullish on the third and fourth rounds, into the fifth.”

Coach 1: “This draft, in terms of high-quality players, kind of drops off the cliff after about 10 picks. But the depth of make-it players who will contribute is very good.”
So am I still compelled to defer to Peter King and other national yahoos when folks on this board were saying this better than a month ago?

Why do we still pretend like these guys know more about the Chiefs than we do?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:04 AM   #161
In Search of a Life

There's way to much smoke that the Chiefs are trading up for it to actually be true. They woudln't advertise it this much.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:05 AM   #162
Most Valuable Villain

If they're trading up....then I could see it happening in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:07 AM   #163
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
There's way to much smoke that the Chiefs are trading up for it to actually be true. They woudln't advertise it this much.
But they aren’t advertising anything.

It’s all speculation from the media based on where they are picking and the ammo they have to do it.

I don’t think it has any bearing on anything.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:09 AM   #164
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
But they aren’t advertising anything.

It’s all speculation from the media based on where they are picking and the ammo they have to do it.

I don’t think it has any bearing on anything.
They are advertising it thru guys who are usually plugged into them. Of course they aren't gonna say it from the podium.

But when Taylor and Schraeger etc are saying it, they're getting it somewhere.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:16 AM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They are advertising it thru guys who are usually plugged into them. Of course they aren't gonna say it from the podium.

But when Taylor and Schraeger etc are saying it, they're getting it somewhere.
Schraeger doesn’t even have them trading up in his latest mock.

Taylor just sounds like he’s expecting them to trade up for a EDGE based on the fact that they have done virtually nothing at the position. That just seems like a logical conclusion that many of us have come to.

Besides, it doesn’t make any sense to put out smoke screens about trading up if they really just plan to sit still. What exactly does that accomplish?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.