Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #151
MVP

I don't think Mooney will break the bank as a FA WR. He's the guy I want the most. Then draft your other outside guy.

A straight-line speed guy like Quez Watkins or throwing a dart at Van Jefferson might not be bad either as a #4/5 type if they are cheap.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:49 PM   #152
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't think Mooney will break the bank as a FA WR. He's the guy I want the most. Then draft your other outside guy.

A straight-line speed guy like Quez Watkins or throwing a dart at Van Jefferson might not be bad either as a #4/5 type if they are cheap.
The mid tier WR pay hasn't necessarily equalized yet, but man I dunno if that's really a level we wanna get. The last few years those guys just haven't valued out at much.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:51 PM   #153
In Search of a Life

Hollywood will probably hit the market and end up making.....19 million a year. I dunno.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #154
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I like Mooney as a value option FA stab and don't expect them to spend big on a WR in FA. I'm not opposed to bringing back Hardman on a value deal, either. It's going to be available.

In the draft, let's juice it up. Give me a deep threat. Juicy deep speed that can threaten teams down the field.

I kind of like Adonai Mitchell as a guy whose college career has depressed his numbers. I could see him really out-performing his draft slot. I'm not very interested in Legette. I see a lot more Treylon Burks than A.J. Brown there.

I'll also say Ladd McConkey interests me a bit. I'm not sure how well he would separate against sticky man coverage, but he seems fast and shifty and smart, and he displays good hands most of the time. The only excpetion being a funk he hit earlier this year.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:58 PM   #155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I like Mooney as a value option FA stab and don't expect them to spend big on a WR in FA. I'm not opposed to bringing back Hardman on a value deal, either. It's going to be available.

In the draft, let's juice it up. Give me a deep threat. Juicy deep speed that can threaten teams down the field.

I kind of like Adonai Mitchell as a guy whose college career has depressed his numbers. I could see him really out-performing his draft slot. I'm not very interested in Legette. I see a lot more Treylon Burks than A.J. Brown there.

I'll also say Ladd McConkey interests me a bit. I'm not sure how well he would separate against sticky man coverage, but he seems fast and shifty and smart, and he displays good hands most of the time. The only excpetion being a funk he hit earlier this year.
Leggette not doing ****-all his whole college career until year 5 is a huge red flag to me.

McConkey-I think I saw a 4.6 forty time for him? Wha?

I'm kind of on the Worthy train as a guy that a)might be in reach and b)has elite, hot, nasty speed. Gimme some of dat. Even if it's just to run go routes.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:59 PM   #156
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The mid tier WR pay hasn't necessarily equalized yet, but man I dunno if that's really a level we wanna get. The last few years those guys just haven't valued out at much.
Don't try to tell anybody here that. You'll get voted off the island.

Expensive free agents are the answer.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:03 PM   #157
MVP

I see the connection to Mooney, like him just fine, he'd be our current #1, but am not overly impressed and would definitely not pay him the quoted $17m.

Regarding more budget friendly WR FAs, how about Gabriel Davis, Rashid Shaheed, or Josh Reynolds?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:04 PM   #158
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Leggette not doing ****-all his whole college career until year 5 is a huge red flag to me.

McConkey-I think I saw a 4.6 forty time for him? Wha?

I'm kind of on the Worthy train as a guy that a)might be in reach and b)has elite, hot, nasty speed. Gimme some of dat. Even if it's just to run go routes.
Is Worthy more Tyreek or Mecole, though?
Old 11-13-2023, 06:05 PM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I see the connection to Mooney, like him just fine, he'd be our current #1, but am not overly impressed and would definitely not pay him the quoted $17m.

Regarding more budget friendly WR FAs, how about Gabriel Davis, Rashid Shaheed, or Josh Reynolds?
I'd probably pay Mooney, if we're ditching MVS and his $10m.

and I'd still be drafting a WR in the first two rounds.

Because we really need to grow our own.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:06 PM   #160
MVP

Quote:
Is Worthy more Tyreek or Mecole, though?
I don't know. Nobody does.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:07 PM   #161
MVP

Quote:
Don't try to tell anybody here that. You'll get voted off the island.

Expensive free agents are the answer.
I feel like the league made a collective effort to push back on WR contracts after Tyreek and Adams broke the bank, but wonder if anyone else feels the same?
Old 11-13-2023, 06:16 PM   #162
MVP

Quote:
I don't know. Nobody does.
Only reason I ask is that it feels like we always seem to look for the short & fast types, or short w/ high end route running, but in this year's draft it looks like there's a TON of tall WRs with size. This class might produce a few M. Evans, A. Cooper, or K. Allen Types, or maybe a couple of DK Metcalf, T. Mclauren, or D. Samuels'esque WRs.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:16 PM   #163
MVP

Quote:
I feel like the league made a collective effort to push back on WR contracts after Tyreek and Adams broke the bank, but wonder if anyone else feels the same?
I think another group of QB's got paid or is about to is all.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:27 PM   #164
In Mahomes I trust!

Where we will be picking, consider Malik Nabers, LSU
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:38 AM   #165
MVP

Brian Thomas? 6-4 w/ 918 yards at LSU and 18 yrd avg.

There are a TON of tall WRs in this draft!