Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:09 PM   #2371
In Search of a Life

Sanders is a better route runner than Worthy now?

I hope you realize that it makes it hard for people to take you seriously when you're this hyperbolic in an attempt to shit on a player you don't like.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:13 PM   #2372
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Sanders is a better route runner than Worthy now?

I hope you realize that it makes it hard for people to take you seriously when you're this hyperbolic in an attempt to shit on a player you don't like.

If someone has a different opinion than you they should not be "taken seriously"?

Good argument.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:15 PM   #2373
Generational Player

Worthy would be another KC WR pick that has one + NFL trait and hoping it works.

I prefer players that have more than 1 + trait in combination.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #2374
Andy Reid Supporter

The more I dive in, the more I like Worthy over Mitchell. Teams seemed more scared or Worthy bc of his speed.

Mitchell also seems lazy (as proven on tape), doesn’t play up to his speed and as already referenced is terrible getting YAC (a staple in Andy's offense).
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:32 PM   #2375
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
The more I dive in, the more I like Worthy over Mitchell. Teams seemed more scared or Worthy bc of his speed.

Mitchell also seems lazy (as proven on tape), doesn’t play up to his speed and as already referenced is terrible getting YAC (a staple in Andy's offense).
I'm hoping another NFL team takes the Worthy possibility off the board for us.

Like when NFL teams took Ruggs and Reagor over Justin Jefferson.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:35 PM   #2376
Mahomes > God

I'm still holding out hope Thomas Jr. somehow falls into the early 20s and we go up and get him...as much as I love Worthy that's my dream scenario.

He would be ****ing electric in this offense...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:42 PM   #2377
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Worthy would be another KC WR pick that has one + NFL trait and hoping it works.

You're underselling Worthy as a route runner and overselling Mitchell.

You seem to think Worthy is Hardman 2.0; he's not.

BTW, Hardman's issue wasn't that he couldn't run a route. He was always a terrible ball tracker. I made that argument 2-3 years ago.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:43 PM   #2378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I'm still holding out hope Thomas Jr. somehow falls into the early 20s and we go up and get him...as much as I love Worthy that's my dream scenario.

He would be ****ing electric in this offense...
Agreed, i'd rather have Thomas Jr. than Worthy. Just hard to imagine the Chiefs trading up for a WR.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:46 PM   #2379
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
You're underselling Worthy as a route runner and overselling Mitchell.

You seem to think Worthy is Hardman 2.0; he's not.

BTW, Hardman's issue wasn't that he couldn't run a route. He was always a terrible ball tracker. I made that argument 2-3 years ago.
No, I expect Worthy will have more of a Gabe Davis impact.

He'll be paid and he'll have a use somewhere but after scoring 2 TD's in a game will disappear for several more.

Just because someone isn't terrible at route running doesn't mean its a plus.

If you truly believe Worthy is a great route runner and has elite speed call your shot.

Xavier Worthy will be better than:

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

Go ahead and tell me which of these guys Worthy will be definitely better than.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:49 PM   #2380

Quote:

When looking at players i always looks for their "Super Power".

Worthy has one. And his other skills aren't nearly as lacking as you're making them out to be.

What's Mitchell's super power? Maybe the consistency of his hands? What's the one thing that makes you go, "Damn, defenses have to account for that ability"?

He's fast enough, sure. But he's not blowing by DB's on the field. He's not a jump ball guy. He's not particularly adept at catching in traffic....He's not a YAC guy....He's not really strong at the catch point...

I mean, seriously, what's his super power?
Old 04-02-2024, 03:50 PM   #2381
Generational Player

Quote:
When looking at players i always looks for their "Super Power".

Worthy has one. And his other skills aren't nearly as lacking as you're making them out to be.

What's Mitchell's super power? Maybe the consistency of his hands? What's the one thing that makes you go, "Damn, defenses have to account for that ability"?

He's fast enough, sure. But he's not blowing by DB's on the field. He's not a jump ball guy. He's not particularly adept at catching in traffic....He's not a YAC guy....He's not really strong at the catch point...

I mean, seriously, what's his super power?
He has multiple + NFL traits while Worthy has one.

Speed
Size
Hands
Route Running

All+.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:55 PM   #2382

Quote:
No, I expect Worthy will have more of a Gabe Davis impact.

He'll be paid and he'll have a use somewhere but after scoring 2 TD's in a game will disappear for several more.

Just because someone isn't terrible at route running doesn't mean its a plus.

If you truly believe Worthy is a great route runner and has elite speed call your shot.

Xavier Worthy will be better than:

Zay Flowers
Jordan Addison

Go ahead and tell me which of these guys Worthy will be definitely better than.
I didn't say he was an elite route runner, but he's a perfectly capable route runner. He's not as stiff as i originally thought. He has good quickness in and out of his breaks and he has more shiftyness than i gave him credit for early on. He has game changing speed, which changes the way defenses have to play coverages and he's an ideal compliment to Rice/Kelce. Him and Brown acting as vertical threats that are ACTUAL threats downfield, unlike MVS and Hardman, who couldn't locate a downfield ball very well.

As far as comparing him to Zay or Addison:

I was a big Zay Flowers guy last year. He was my favorite of the 1st round WR's when a lot of people were telling me he wasn't big enough or that Hyatt was the better pick.

Will Worthy be better than Flowers? Idk, they're different guys. Very different.
Old 04-02-2024, 03:58 PM   #2383
Generational Player

Quote:
I didn't say he was an elite route runner, but he's a perfectly capable route runner. He's not as stiff as i originally thought. He has good quickness in and out of his breaks and he has more shiftyness than i gave him credit for early on. He has game changing speed, which changes the way defenses have to play coverages and he's an ideal compliment to Rice/Kelce. Him and Brown acting as vertical threats that are ACTUAL threats downfield, unlike MVS and Hardman, who couldn't locate a downfield ball very well.

As far as comparing him to Zay or Addison:

I was a big Zay Flowers guy last year. He was my favorite of the 1st round WR's when a lot of people were telling me he wasn't big enough or that Hyatt was the better pick.

Will Worthy be better than Flowers? Idk, they're different guys. Very different.

The elite vertical difference makers have elite speed combined with elite route running.

That's not Worthy.

Rather have Hollywood and he's already on our team.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:02 PM   #2384

Quote:
He has multiple + NFL traits while Worthy has one.

Speed
Size
Hands
Route Running

All+.
These are measurables more than traits.

His speed tested well, yet he has no YAC and there's very little evidence of his speed stressing DB's.

Hands look reliable, but there's no evidence that he posses the ability to win in difficult, contested situations. (Also an issue for Worthy, as he rarely wins in these situations as well)

He's 6-2, sure, but he doesn't play big or strong. So im not sure his size means much.

Every time i put him on i want to see something "special", and there just isn't a lot of special things happening when he's thrown the ball.

So again, WTF is it that he's GREAT at?
Old 04-02-2024, 04:04 PM   #2385

Quote:
The elite vertical difference makers have elite speed combined with elite route running.

That's not Worthy.

Rather have Hollywood and he's already on our team.
I guess we'll just never agree on this. I think you're underselling Worthy's ability to run a route.