Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM  
oxymoron

So...I finally watched Waterworld this weekend

As far as I recall I'd never seen it. And to be honest I'm not sure why I watched it now. Morbid curiosity maybe. It just happened to be on HBO late and night, and it's been panned so badly I thought it was going to be the worst movie of all time. And I gotta admit that after watching it I'm kind of wondering what all the bad buzz was about. I've seen way, way, way worse movies. I can't remember much from 1995, but I'm wondering if it was one of those dogpile instances, where dumping on it was just the hip thing to do. I'm not saying it's a great flick or anything like that, but it was entertaining enough to keep me watching the whole time. I was expecting much worse than I got. Something historically bad rather than marginal.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:19 PM   #106
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Yeah, it's not the first time I've come across it. But I've never come across it in any actual documentation, biographies, news articles, what not.

Sorry to ruin that for you.
You suck
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:25 PM   #107
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You suck
I get that a lot.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:41 PM   #108
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
Just killing time until Bowlcut announces Khaki Jim as HC.
Will he morph into a John Madden look alike like he did with Bo. He is a weird dude.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:48 PM   #109
Fight, build, win!

Sansabelt pants and a field pass instant winner!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:51 PM   #110
Fight, build, win!

I still think Open Range was Costners best part he and Duval meshed in that western.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:07 AM   #111
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I still think Open Range was Costners best part he and Duval meshed in that western.
If we can get back on topic for a moment...

yes indeed, Wyatt Earp is an overlooked movie... much more historically accurate than Tombstone ever was. And Tombstone was another movie that damn near never was. Huge issues in the early days of production basically creating a mutiny with the crew, actors and director. Kurt Russell won't get credit, but he basically directed Tombstone.

And while Kilmer's depiction of Doc Holliday, to go with his relationship with Earp, was so much fiction, it is a performance that will test time. Nobody can say Val Kilmer "mailed it in" on Tombstone. His performance in that film is on point. But I would say Dennis Quaid's portrayal is every bit as good and totally underrated and overlooked in Wyatt Earp. Damn shame the films overlapped.

That said, Robert Duvall is awesome. Gene Hackman is awesome. And those old boys won't be around much longer. Nobody can replace them. They are both happily retired, but boy do I miss seeing their mugs on the screen.

Also... Waterworld is a good movie! Practical effects! And vintage Dennis Hopper as the ridiculous villain!
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:25 AM   #112
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
If we can get back on topic for a moment...

yes indeed, Wyatt Earp is an overlooked movie... much more historically accurate than Tombstone ever was. And Tombstone was another movie that damn near never was. Huge issues in the early days of production basically creating a mutiny with the crew, actors and director. Kurt Russell won't get credit, but he basically directed Tombstone.

And while Kilmer's depiction of Doc Holliday, to go with his relationship with Earp, was so much fiction, it is a performance that will test time. Nobody can say Val Kilmer "mailed it in" on Tombstone. His performance in that film is on point. But I would say Dennis Quaid's portrayal is every bit as good and totally underrated and overlooked in Wyatt Earp. Damn shame the films overlapped.

That said, Robert Duvall is awesome. Gene Hackman is awesome. And those old boys won't be around much longer. Nobody can replace them. They are both happily retired, but boy do I miss seeing their mugs on the screen.

Also... Waterworld is a good movie! Practical effects! And vintage Dennis Hopper as the ridiculous villain!
Yea, the story has been out there for years that Kurt Russell ‘ghost directed’ Tombstone

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...n-1028891/amp/

https://truewestmagazine.com/the-western-godfather/
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.