Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM  
oxymoron

So...I finally watched Waterworld this weekend

As far as I recall I'd never seen it. And to be honest I'm not sure why I watched it now. Morbid curiosity maybe. It just happened to be on HBO late and night, and it's been panned so badly I thought it was going to be the worst movie of all time. And I gotta admit that after watching it I'm kind of wondering what all the bad buzz was about. I've seen way, way, way worse movies. I can't remember much from 1995, but I'm wondering if it was one of those dogpile instances, where dumping on it was just the hip thing to do. I'm not saying it's a great flick or anything like that, but it was entertaining enough to keep me watching the whole time. I was expecting much worse than I got. Something historically bad rather than marginal.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
MVP

I didn't think it was bad ta all.

I also really like The Postman.
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #47
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Tin Cup was pretty good. I would have probably really enjoyed it if I didn't despise golf. And I loved Wyatt Earp. Hell, I even liked Robin Hood.

The one movie he did that I truly, utterly hated was No Way Out, and that was primarily because of the ridiculous storm at sea scene where his character abandoned his post in the middle of a storm to rescue a crew member who would have never been on the weather decks during a storm in the first place. I saw that turd near the base when I was in the Navy and half the people in the theater got up and left right after that scene. The only reason I didn't was because I had a date with me.
I'm with you on all that.

Honestly, I think his best performance was that Mr. Brooks deal. In my opinion, he was excellent in that role.

He's an odd duck, though. Did I ever tell you guys about the absolute fiasco that was his first country/western singing performance at the Grand Ol' Opry? Jesus wept that day, I tell you. And so did his band members.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #48
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Tin Cup was pretty good. I would have probably really enjoyed it if I didn't despise golf. And I loved Wyatt Earp. Hell, I even liked Robin Hood.

The one movie he did that I truly, utterly hated was No Way Out, and that was primarily because of the ridiculous storm at sea scene where his character abandoned his post in the middle of a storm to rescue a crew member who would have never been on the weather decks during a storm in the first place. I saw that turd near the base when I was in the Navy and half the people in the theater got up and left right after that scene. The only reason I didn't was because I had a date with me.
heh, No Way Out.....havent seen that one in awhile, but remember it being pretty good with a nice twist ending.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #49
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
heh, No Way Out.....havent seen that one in awhile, but remember it being pretty good with a nice twist ending.
It could have been Citizen Kane and I would have hated it after that storm scene.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #50
Immanentize The Eschaton

I thought Waterworld sucked pretty badly. I don't care if cost a dollar to make, I just didn't like it. I read The Postman and enjoyed the book well enough. I've been meaning to get around to watching the movie.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #51
**** SOC & **** YOU

Quote:
The Costner movie that I think got unfairly blasted was The Postman. That one I actually liked.
Same here.
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #52
I'll be back.

It's fun. I enjoy it. Great sets.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #53
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat View Post
Great sets.
As i mentioned before, thats the best thing about it. They actually went out to Hawaii, built sets, and filmed on real water. It looks great.

If it were made today, the water and sets would be all CGI and Dennis Hopper would be Motion Captured.

Last edited by Deberg_1990; 03-08-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #54
Stuff & Things

If you liked Waterworld, you'll love The Notebook. Basically the same movie.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #55
Supporter

The other thing that plays into Waterworld's reputation besides the budget was Costner was supposedly Mr. Dances With Wolves Wunderkind at the time.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #56
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Tin Cup was a solid enough movie; I'll watch it if its on.

The little girl in Waterworld ended up being pretty cute in a Laura Linney sort of way; she fluctuates with her weight, though. She was the girl with the weird ponytail thing in Napoleon Dynamite.

And yes, Jeanne Tripplehorn's ass was fantastic. Then again, I think the best scene in Basic Instinct is the one with her, and not any of the ones with Sharon Stone, so it could just be that I have a crush on Jeanne Tripplehorn...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #57
In Snake We Trust

I enjoyed Waterworld also Hooper made it interesting with his character but it is what it is a ok movie I bet if a better cast & character development was better im sure it would've been more successful(maybe)..
SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.SnakeXJones Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #58
On the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
If you liked Waterworld, you'll love The Notebook. Basically the same movie.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha.. what?

Put me in the camp that loved Waterworld, but then again I also loved Mortal Kombat and Starship Troopers, they all came out when I was 11, 12 years old, the childhood sweetspot.
GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.GordonGekko Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #59
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeXJones View Post
I enjoyed Waterworld also Hooper made it interesting with his character but it is what it is a ok movie I bet if a better cast & character development was better im sure it would've been more successful(maybe)..
A script that made sense would have helped too.

Honestly I'm baffled by you guys. Waterworld insulted my intelligence when was 12 years old.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #60
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
A script that made sense would have helped too.

Honestly I'm baffled by you guys. Waterworld insulted my intelligence when was 12 years old.
Remember, this is the same group that thinks Chris Farley is funnier than Eddie Murphy.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.