Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:41 AM   #181
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Bottom line is we cant keep everyone.

I think that Chris Jones is going to be the first of many going forward.
Yeah that's just the reality of the Mahomes contract that is coming.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #182

It feels like this will be the biggest “nobody gives a shit” holdout by a franchise tag player ever.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #183
Veteran

I like Chris Jones. I want keep Chris Jones. Hope keep Chris Jones.
kcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-02-2020, 08:14 AM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Jones isn’t gonna sit out

He’ll eventually show up
Yeah my understanding is the new CBA makes it difficult for a player to hold out. I think it is more bluster prior to July 15th. Probably some disappointment in that I believe Veech was going to pay him prior to the covid thing now a potential decrease in the cap makes it hard.

But if he plays or does not play on the tag you can still deal him for a pick or two in the off season. Just will be hard to trade him and him getting paid, what he wants, in a year the cap decreases.

Last edited by Shields68; 07-02-2020 at 08:42 AM..
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli

Old 07-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #185
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Jones isn’t gonna sit out

He’ll eventually show up

100%. $16m is nothing to sneeze at for a guy who hasn't made a lot in his career.

He'll play. And honestly, I don't blame him one bit for sitting out camp. He has nothing to prove in camp and doesn't need to risk the injury.
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #186
World's Best Boss

I am equally baffled by the overwhelming amount of twitter commenters saying Jones' performance in the Super Bowl was "overrated" as I am by those saying we have to lock up 200m in our defensive line. I remember we talked about the writing on the wall about this situation being there when we traded for Clark. I love Jones. He brings an atypical skillset to the position and has a mentality on that defensive line that comes up clutch when the lights are brightest.

If Andy and the coaching staff aren't willing to pay him 20m/year (his market price), that should tell us something. I think I've grown a bit more accepting of Jones going elsewhere after watching Kollman's breakdowns of Jones' run defense. Jones run D never stopped being a liability through the end of the season. He was often out of position or missed run assignments and had to be bailed out by other players. He came up huge in the playoffs/Super Bowl, no doubt, but it makes me wonder if that's why the Chiefs are more hesitant to make a deal than previously indicated.

If he ends up going elsewhere, I wish him the best. The dude had a straight up legendary performance in the Super Bowl and we don't win a title without him. He should never have to pay for a meal in KC ever again.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #187
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
People here seriously undervalue Jones. We don’t win the Super Bowl Without him. He is the ever player on this defense. He makes everything work. He is definitely worth 20 mil a year.
Things that are worth what they cost are nice and all, but that's irrelevant if you can't afford them.

The Chiefs can't afford Jones at $20 million. It ****ing sucks that we're giving Jones' money to Frank ****ing Clark instead, but that's the reality.

(Note: Yes, Frank Clark finally showed up. But right now would you rather keep Frank Clark for the long term or Chris Jones for the long term? I'd much rather keep Jones)
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I am equally baffled by the overwhelming amount of twitter commenters saying Jones' performance in the Super Bowl was "overrated" as I am by those saying we have to lock up 200m in our defensive line. I remember we talked about the writing on the wall about this situation being there when we traded for Clark. I love Jones. He brings an atypical skillset to the position and has a mentality on that defensive line that comes up clutch when the lights are brightest.

If Andy and the coaching staff aren't willing to pay him 20m/year (his market price), that should tell us something. I think I've grown a bit more accepting of Jones going elsewhere after watching Kollman's breakdowns of Jones' run defense. Jones run D never stopped being a liability through the end of the season. He was often out of position or missed run assignments and had to be bailed out by other players. He came up huge in the playoffs/Super Bowl, no doubt, but it makes me wonder if that's why the Chiefs are more hesitant to make a deal than previously indicated.

If he ends up going elsewhere, I wish him the best. The dude had a straight up legendary performance in the Super Bowl and we don't win a title without him. He should never have to pay for a meal in KC ever again.
Perfectly stated!
YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.YayMike has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #189
I got Rice cookin in the micro

this is why veach is on the hotseat because of shit like this
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:45 AM   #190
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcclone View Post
100%. $16m is nothing to sneeze at for a guy who hasn't made a lot in his career.

He'll play. And honestly, I don't blame him one bit for sitting out camp. He has nothing to prove in camp and doesn't need to risk the injury.
please wear a mask
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #191
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Bottom line is Mahomes gives the Chiefs the luxury/buffer of not needing to be great (and pay for top level talent) at every position.

Chris Jones and probably any non-PMIII player is not worth $20 million/year with this new reality.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #192
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Random Vikings fan seems nice. At least he's realistic about compensation. He's not trying to do some stupid Madden bullshit like, "How about a 3rd and a 4th for Jones????"

Would two Minnesota 1st rounders do it for you if we couldn't keep Jones and had to trade him?

I don't see any chance we get two firsts. I would take that in a heartbeat.

Let's talk more realistic. How about a first and a third?
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #193
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've read on this board. Hill and Kelce are the cornerstones of the most explosive offense in the NFL.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #194
Andy Reid Supporter

Regardless of what happens to Jones, I think we need to focus our efforts on WR and pass rusher.

If we lose out on Chris Jones, I’d like to try to get Taco extended for a fair price. I think that guy is going to get at least 6 sacks this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got 10.

Ogbah got a 2 year $15 million deal, so a potential $10 to 12 million AAV for Taco is half of what Jones wants. Could make that work.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #195
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I don't see any chance we get two firsts. I would take that in a heartbeat.

Let's talk more realistic. How about a first and a third?
I know this guy is just a fan and not a GM, but he's not only open to two 1st round picks for Jones, but he's pounding the table and advocating it.

In the end, I don't think Spielman would go for that, but I think we could see a 1st and a 2nd, perhaps.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread