Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2021, 04:14 PM  
Cheat Death

Some Things About Today’s Game Week 7 Guest Edition: KC 3 Flaming Thumbtacks 27

A few weeks ago gblowfish tapped me on the shoulder about a guest writing spot for Some Things and I cheerfully accepted as its a great honor, and 100% the most football I will have ever talked in my 14 years here at CP.

The Silver Lining I Guess:

Nick from House Bolton, 15 tackles, 9 solo, 4 TFL. Guy played the Kingslayer role as a rookie and was a bright spot on either side of the ball.

Willie Gay, had an athletic INT for the elusive turnover unicorn generated by the defense.

Byron Pringle, 5 catches for 73, with one being heavily contested in which he absorbed a big hit while holding onto the ball. The longest pass play from scrimmage for the Chiefs.

We shut them out in the 2nd half

The Bad:

All week league circles were trying to place Derrick Lamar Henry Jr next to XFactor in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and our defense for the most part limited him. Unfortunately, Tennessee beat our ass in every other facet of the game.

Last week the defense was successful by putting their secondary in man and overwhelming the LOS to generate pressure. They seemed to try that today and unfortunately we didn't disrupt Tannehill enough with pressure and our CBs gave up enough plays to be insurmountable by our offense.

Orlando Brown, Octomom's diaphragm put up a stronger defense than he did against the speed rush today. An issue that's been observed since training camp.

Trey Smith, it pains me to say but we may need to hold off on the gold jacket for at least one more week.

Chris Jones, best he's looked this season was doing a downward dog alongside Kay Adams. Guy was lined up inside and out today and got minimal pressure.

Frank Clark, looked super authentic dressed as Breeland Speaks for Halloween.

Mike Hughes, looked like Gary Coleman trying to cover Willis. AJ Brown went 8 for 133 with 1TD.

Turnovers. Everyone keeps saying as long as we don't turn the ball over, we'll win. Unfortunately, turnovers seem contagious as they continue each week leading to opposition points.

Andy turning back into a decision making pumpkin. Questionable to kick the first FG like its 2016 again, then the aids hanger abortion that was the burnt TO, missed 57 yard FG at the end of the 3rd quarter down 27-3.

Penalties. 9-77 with a couple at key moments leading to 1st downs.

Filming Alec Baldwin At the Gun Range Moment:

Mahomes took a brutal hit where his egg appeared to slide off the toast. He reemerged from the tent looking fairly coherent, unfortunately the Chiefs were getting fisted bad enough CBS cut to another blowout in Baltimore. So at the time of this writing, I've yet to hear or read any further updates as Henne finished the game.

Moving Forward:

Coming into the game KC had a 72% chance of making the playoffs. A win moved it to 80% and a loss dropped them to 61%. With their remaining schedule compared with other AFC contenders, Pete may be onto something.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Supporter

Gary Coleman and Willis. Outstanding.
Tough assignment.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
Life is changing..

This was quite good.

Remember that 7 teams will make the playoffs this year from each conference. Not that it's some great achievement, but I think we'll still slide into the playoffs.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
A few weeks ago gblowfish tapped me on the shoulder about a guest writing spot for Some Things and I cheerfully accepted as its a great honor, and 100% the most football I will have ever talked in my 14 years here at CP.

The Silver Lining I Guess:

Nick from House Bolton, 15 tackles, 9 solo, 4 TFL. Guy played the Kingslayer role as a rookie and was a bright spot on either side of the ball.

Willie Gay, had an athletic INT for the elusive turnover unicorn generated by the defense.

Byron Pringle, 5 catches for 73, with one being heavily contested in which he absorbed a big hit while holding onto the ball. The longest pass play from scrimmage for the Chiefs.

We shut them out in the 2nd half

The Bad:

All week league circles were trying to place Derrick Lamar Henry Jr next to XFactor in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and our defense for the most part limited him. Unfortunately, Tennessee beat our ass in every other facet of the game.

Last week the defense was successful by putting their secondary in man and overwhelming the LOS to generate pressure. They seemed to try that today and unfortunately we didn't disrupt Tannehill enough with pressure and our CBs gave up enough plays to be insurmountable by our offense.

Orlando Brown, Octomom's diaphragm put up a stronger defense than he did against the speed rush today. An issue that's been observed since training camp.

Trey Smith, it pains me to say but we may need to hold off on the gold jacket for at least one more week.

Chris Jones, best he's looked this season was doing a downward dog alongside Kay Adams. Guy was lined up inside and out today and got minimal pressure.

Frank Clark, looked super authentic dressed as Breeland Speaks for Halloween.

Mike Hughes, looked like Gary Coleman trying to cover Willis. AJ Brown went 8 for 133 with 1TD.

Turnovers. Everyone keeps saying as long as we don't turn the ball over, we'll win. Unfortunately, turnovers seem contagious as they continue each week leading to opposition points.

Andy turning back into a decision making pumpkin. Questionable to kick the first FG like its 2016 again, then the aids hanger abortion that was the burnt TO, missed 57 yard FG at the end of the 3rd quarter down 27-3.

Penalties. 9-77 with a couple at key moments leading to 1st downs.

Filming Alec Baldwin At the Gun Range Moment:

Mahomes took a brutal hit where his egg appeared to slide off the toast. He reemerged from the tent looking fairly coherent, unfortunately the Chiefs were getting fisted bad enough CBS cut to another blowout in Baltimore. So at the time of this writing, I've yet to hear or read any further updates as Henne finished the game.

Moving Forward:

Coming into the game KC had a 72% chance of making the playoffs. A win moved it to 80% and a loss dropped them to 61%. With their remaining schedule compared with other AFC contenders, Pete may be onto something.
Quote:
Orlando Brown, Octomom's diaphragm put up a stronger defense than he did against the speed rush today
Best summation of that guy I've heard.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 10-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
It was not a fair catch

Worst game in many years as a team. Not enough words.

But I spent it with edave at a bar. He is quite a guy and great host.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #6
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Biggest takeaway moving forward is that “Run it Back” is officially dead.

There are no incremental improvements or “tweaks” that are going to return the core group from the Super Bowl team back to championship-caliber status.

Andy needs an infusion of new energy and ideas on his coaching staff… starting with his DC.

The defense needs to be overhauled.

The offense needs to be able to effectively operate an intermediate passing game, with quick passes.

Mahomes-Era 1.0 was awesome, but the window on that era has closed, time to move on to Mahomes-Era 2.0.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #7
Thread Killer

By far the worse game of the Mahomes era. This team needs some infusion of discipline, and sadly, I have no idea from where they can locate it within this coaching staff.
Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #8
pie is never free

You were trucking along pretty solid with a mix of your classic offbeat wit, and pertinent facts... but you reeeally started hitting sixth gear at Orlando Brown, after that the heat was relentless

Refreshing, cutting breakdown from a unique perspective

A+
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #9
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I had octomom on my fantasy team
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
best in the biz

Going to be a while before they catch lightening in a bottle again.

Hard for me to be too bothered by it. I waited almost 50 years and they produced another SB appearance & win. That itch got scratched.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
...Orlando Brown, Octomom's diaphragm put up a stronger defense than he did against the speed rush today...
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #12
Supporter

Great write up. Your jokes are always elite. Orlando Brown from the top rope.

I’ve been fairly homerish because Mahomes is the best there has ever been. However we got our asses beat like bass drum for the second time in 3 weeks. Pretty good chance we miss the playoffs without major changes in production.

What a mother****ing crime it is to waste a year of prime Mahomes prime Kelce and prime Hill by not even being competitive.

I watched this one on my phone in the sprayer. Regrettably I didn’t have the good sense to shut it off and kick on some music.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.