Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2024, 04:02 PM  
Kind of a mod

Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]

The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

Last edited by DaFace; 04-16-2024 at 09:11 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:17 AM   #691
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Their greed is a little preemptive since the guy is a round 2 pick on his rookie contract.
remind me not to buy a Lexus if that's the outcome.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:30 AM   #692
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Lol, nice to see some Chiefs fans are so happy to shit on and gloat about one of their own players’ problems. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.

I'm generally with the people who are saying this is not as big of a deal as people are making it but also just because a player is a Chiefs player doesn't mean you support them blindly no matter what they do.

That's some TrueFan idiocy. I can't believe people are out here shitting on Jovan Belcher just because he murdered his girlfriend then blew his head off in the Arrowhead parking lot. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM   #693
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
being sued for 10 million

dumbass
Texas has a punitive damages cap, though.

Appears to be double the economic damages. And they won't be able to establish even $500K in economic damages (pain and suffering fall under 'non-economic' damages).

So that's just a headline grab. Admittedly I've not dug into exceptions to the cap that may be allowed in certain circumstances but I'd be surprised if there are any/many. The nature of punitive damages in a personal injury matter almost preclude it. You only award punitives in cases of gross negligence in those cases (or willful disregard) and those would be the most obvious instances to make an exception. Well if you wanted to except those, you just wouldn't have the cap at all.

I mean look, if they can establish some lunatic 'continuing care' sort of fund that gets the economics up to $500K, it's gonna be plenty of pain for Rashee. That's probably going to be something like $500K in economic, $500K in non-economic and another million in punitives for a total of $2 million.

But even that feels INCREDIBLY unlikely. It's more likely to be $100-$200K when all is said and done.

Guy ain't gonna get slapped for $10 million. Just more sensationalism.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 08:50 AM   #694
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Lol, nice to see some Chiefs fans are so happy to shit on and gloat about one of their own players’ problems. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.
I'm more than happy to "shit" on people that do stupid shit like Rice did regardless of whether they are a Chief, a Devil, or a Brave. My being a fan doesn't force me to tolerate stupidity from people on the team.

I caught the same bullshit from Braves fans for saying McCann and Morton can both suck unwashed cock and all they did was cheat in baseball. Takes like yours is how we wind up with politicians holding office for life despite the shady underhanded bullshit they pull. Excuses and swerves because they are on "your team".

GFY
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:00 AM   #695
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
...and here come the civil suits. This ought to be interesting.
Money/attention grab. Assuming he bought reasonable amounts of BI liability insurance then 99 times out of 100 they will just max out bi limits. You rarely hear about it going further than that. A judge won't let it.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:14 AM   #696
MVP

Free my boi Rashee he ain't do nothing
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:29 AM   #697
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Free my boi Rashee he ain't do nothing
He was using his leased Lambo to defend those cars from the psycho driver in the Vette. Lucky he was there or it could have been much worse.

Last edited by Radar Chief; 04-16-2024 at 12:57 PM..
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:32 AM   #698
MER

I think we can all agree that the lesson here is to send your friend with the bag away to seek medical attention while you wait at the scene.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:40 AM   #699
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I am simply responding to the video where you claimed he wasn't "remotely close" to killing anyone. Are you serious about that? Do you really think within 5-10 seconds of that interaction he couldn't have had a let's say 5-10% chance of killing someone versus the normal 0.001% chance of killing someone in the lane next to you?

We're talking about probabilities. Anyone can die in a traffic accident. He raised that possibility by leaps and bounds. I am well aware it didn't end up in a fatality, and I don't think he shouldn't be punished as if it did or almost did. But I also think it's absurd to ignore what happened.

If you drive drunk and no one dies, is it totally fine that you just drove drunk? Because kids will be kids and no one suffered the consequences even if you were pulled over by the police?
So, a 5% chance is "almost" happening?

Man, the things I've ALMOST done.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #700
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
I'm more than happy to "shit" on people that do stupid shit like Rice did regardless of whether they are a Chief, a Devil, or a Brave. My being a fan doesn't force me to tolerate stupidity from people on the team.

I caught the same bullshit from Braves fans for saying McCann and Morton can both suck unwashed cock and all they did was cheat in baseball. Takes like yours is how we wind up with politicians holding office for life despite the shady underhanded bullshit they pull. Excuses and swerves because they are on "your team".

GFY

Lol, right back at ya, dipstick.

Try to comprehend this: I have said repeatedly that what Rice and his friends did was in very poor judgement, and also that they should be punished appropriately.

But what I've been careful not to do is trash Rice as a person over what might be just one bad decision. Before I start calling him trash and so forth I want to see what he has to say for himself and how he behaves/makes decisions going forward, simple as that.

It's called giving people the benefit of the doubt.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:19 PM   #701
Starter

If anyone is interested and has time, read the entire article in this link, I’m amazed how Jamin Davis of the Commanders has been able to stay under the radar. The only reason I’m aware of this is because the fatal crash happened about 10 minutes from my home.

Jamin Davis wasn’t driving the car that the woman was killed in but he is allegedly involved according to the lawsuit.

Did this ever make the news in the Kansas City area? I’ve never seen anyone mention it when bringing up other players who have been caught driving recklessly prior to Rashee’s incident.

kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:24 PM   #702
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
Explain how exactly your “no tolerance for stupidly from people on the team” will manifest itself moving forward.

Are you going to boo Rashee everytime he makes a play for the Chiefs next season… as you watch on from your goat farm?

Explain.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:28 PM   #703
Needs more middle fingers

OUT ON BAIL FRESH OUT OF JAIL CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

SOON AS I STEP ON THE SCENE IM HEARIN' HOOCHIES SCREAMIN'
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:34 PM   #704
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
So, a 5% chance is "almost" happening?

Man, the things I've ALMOST done.
If an idiot in a car next to me pulls a stunt that has a 5% of killing or seriously injuring me, I would like to see them go to jail.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:38 PM   #705
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
If an idiot in a car next to me pulls a stunt that has a 5% of killing or seriously injuring me, I would like to see them go to jail.

If someone slightly annoys me, I would like to see them go to jail.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote