Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2020, 02:09 PM  
In Search of a Life

How does our Defense personnel adjust to stop Henry?

What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Veteran

Basketball hoop in the Titans lockeroom?
UK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 31 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
I'll be back.

start dirty dan
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
Rufus Dawes Jr.

The best thing we can do is have a rotation and keep these guys fresh.

We need Jones because we need all the bodies we got.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
left blank intentionally

Pennel, Suggs, and Ragland - yes.

More HB at the line alá EB.

Attack the LOS, make him go sideways. Hold your water. Everyone DO THEIR JOB, KEEP YOUR ASSIGNMENTS and DON'T get caught looking in the backfield/biting on play fakes.

We got this.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

What I'd do is...

Rotate Saunders, Pennel, Nnadi, and Williams on the interior spots.
Jones and Suggs rotating at LDE.
Ragland, Wilson, and Hitchens at LB.
Sorensen at SS playing down in the box the entire game
Mathieu playing single high

Make Tannehill beat you because I really don't think he can.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #7
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
What I'd do is...

Rotate Saunders, Pennel, Nnadi, and Williams on the interior spots.
Jones and Suggs rotating at LDE.
Ragland, Wilson, and Hitchens at LB.
Sorensen at SS playing down in the box the entire game
Mathieu playing single high

Make Tannehill beat you because I really don't think he can.
Good plan.

Question - can you spy or shadow a RB? Just wonder if that's what Dan should do.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM
Fish
This message has been deleted by Fish.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
Regular

You have to have people in the backfield before he gets a head of steam. The only other idea is to stop the long gainers. He is going to get his yards. Now if someone tackles him and puts a knee into a calf or quad muscle, that would be the "Raider Way". I would play a 5 man line and dare Tannehill to beat us. Another approach would be to play the "Bear" defense. It was fine for stopping the run but really limited against passing attacks.
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #9
The man you could post like.

Saunders, Pennel, and Williams barely even played against the Texans. Less than 15 snaps a piece. Need a heavy dose of them big boys up front.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Good plan.

Question - can you spy or shadow a RB? Just wonder if that's what Dan should do.
Dirty dans been doing a bit of that this year. I think Dorian odaniel came out of hiding to do some spy on DeShaun last week too.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:19 PM   #11
Please squeeze

Channeling my inner Dick Vermeil, outside of the 68 yd td run he had they did a pretty decent job against him.

I agree though what others have suggested above.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford View Post
You have to have people in the backfield before he gets a head of steam. The only other idea is to stop the long gainers. He is going to get his yards. Now if someone tackles him and puts a knee into a calf or quad muscle, that would be the "Raider Way". I would play a 5 man line and dare Tannehill to beat us. Another approach would be to play the "Bear" defense. It was fine for stopping the run but really limited against passing attacks.
Probably fine but keep in mind that tannehill did reasonably well against new orleans without Derrick Henry. I want to be a little careful about underestimating tannehill. But I agree that if they beat us on a play I'd rather it be through aggressive chunk passing plays.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #13
The man you could post like.

Need to bracket AJ Brown. Do the best you can to nullify him.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #14
Suupraa Geniuuusss

I have no idea. But I'd bet on a stack of $100 6 feet high that Spags has some ideas.

In a general strategic sense, I'd guess that Spags is going to sell out to stop Henry early in the game. That he's going to run some type of run blitz scheme and try to keep Henry contained. Give up 4-5 yards/play, but not give up the big gainer. Don't let Henry get to the second level untouched.

IO don't know how long we can keep that up though. Tannehill may not be elite, but he can throw, and he's not scared to pull the trigger downfield. So we're going to have to be pretty tight on the back-end. Can't let Tannehill drop 40 yard dimes on us just because we want to stop Henry.

I think Spags is going to have to run a shit-ton of disguises; try to get Tannehill to make some mistakes. Show blitz, maybe Tannehill audibles out of the run, and our secondary does it's switcheroo thing and gets a pick or at least defenses the pass. Make them punt.

Hell, maybe that was Spags thoughts for the first game and why he took the other guy over Pennel. Wanted the pass rusher, and hoped he could get enough stops on Henry long enough for Andy and Pat to put up a good lead.

Anyway, like I said, I don't know, but I trust in Spags.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #15
My Mamma Says

He is going to get yards.. hopefully limit him to 100-125 yds... stay home and gang tackle his cutback runs... get 3 stops a half and score off of those stops.. make them play catch-up...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.