Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:51 AM   #211
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
Mo will gobble him up
I think he is still owed $35MM wouldn't the team have to pick up the contract?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #212
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I think he is still owed $35MM wouldn't the team have to pick up the contract?
Not once he clears waivers after the DFA period.

Once a player gets through the assignment period, they club can outright them to the minors but typically with veterans who can refuse assignment (5+ years of service time), they're just outright released.

That'll be what happens here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2023, 10:57 AM   #213
What's up braj?

And then he gets to go play for whoever he wants and that team is only on the hook for league min. I know he’s washed but I’d take a flyer on that.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:06 AM   #214
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Not once he clears waivers after the DFA period.

Once a player gets through the assignment period, they club can outright them to the minors but typically with veterans who can refuse assignment (5+ years of service time), they're just outright released.

That'll be what happens here.
Ah I see its basically the same as the NFL waiver wire.

I can see Mo picking him up and pointing to it as their due diligence to addressing the pitching issues.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:10 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
And then he gets to go play for whoever he wants and that team is only on the hook for league min. I know he’s washed but I’d take a flyer on that.
If you'd take a flyer on this guy, you don't realize HOW washed he is.

I have never seen a Statcast page this bad before.

He does nothing well. No velocity, no spin, no command, can't miss bats, can't coax soft contact.

He's...tall. That's it. That's literally the only thing he does that isn't in the bottom 20% of baseball. Be tall.

I don't think he can regularly get outs in AA at this point. This guy is as done as they get.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:38 PM   #216
In my youth i pray to keep

This team doesn't do anything good
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:55 PM   #217
Veteran

Quote:
If you'd take a flyer on this guy, you don't realize HOW washed he is.

I have never seen a Statcast page this bad before.

He does nothing well. No velocity, no spin, no command, can't miss bats, can't coax soft contact.

He's...tall. That's it. That's literally the only thing he does that isn't in the bottom 20% of baseball. Be tall.

I don't think he can regularly get outs in AA at this point. This guy is as done as they get.
I knew he was done already, but if the Rays signed MadBum, I would totally believe they could turn him around.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-23-2023, 03:41 PM   #218
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
This team doesn't do anything good
I saw our offense as a legit side of a baseball team. The possibilities are there to score runs. I’m not saying compete with the big boys in the championship rounds but legit players.

The pitching? Everyone could see we needed more pitching. Everyone except, as it seems, Mo. who added shit.

I see Mo and Dewitt being applauded, really applauded, not polite BS applauding but the real shit on TV by the fans. I’m staring at the screen yelling WTF. What are you watching? The same games? How are you so blind?

Last edited by BigRedChief; 04-23-2023 at 04:00 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:14 PM   #219
Now you've pissed me off!

I haven't been this checked out on the Cardinals since 1995.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:18 PM   #220
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I saw our offense as a legit side of a baseball team. The possibilities are there to score runs. I’m not saying compete with the big boys in the championship rounds but legit players.
The Cardinals have the best collection of starting nine players and excess position players in baseball. Most of them are homegrown.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:38 PM   #221
MVP

This pitching staff and manager are dogshit. A couple bad seasons wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen for some changes.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:57 PM   #222
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
The Cardinals have the best collection of starting nine players and excess position players in baseball. Most of them are homegrown.
mo loves fans like you
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
mo loves fans like you
I didn't say they had a championship caliber baseball team though.

Position players are only part of the equation.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I knew he was done already, but if the Rays signed MadBum, I would totally believe they could turn him around.
They Rays could get 65 quality innings out of me.

The only reason I have Zach Eflin on my fantasy teams is that the Rays signed him for a decent contract. They know something and they'll get it fixed.

The Rays are goddamn wizards.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:56 AM   #225
The Insider

Quote:
They Rays could get 65 quality innings out of me.

The only reason I have Zach Eflin on my fantasy teams is that the Rays signed him for a decent contract. They know something and they'll get it fixed.

The Rays are goddamn wizards.
Tampa has like 35 data analysts on staff. It's crazy.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.