Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #886
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilertiger View Post
No way he plays in 2022 on his current contract. Rosenhaus would have him sit out and demand a trade. There were three options going forward:

1) Hill sits out and the Chiefs eventually trade him for much less when all leverage has been lost. CRUSHING the Chiefs in 2022.
2) Hill gets traded now.
3) Hill resigns for some absurd deal.

Options 1 and 3 would have been horrible for KC. In option 1 the Chiefs are a broken team in 2022 but may recover. Option 3 the Chiefs would be a broken team for several years.
Not playing on a franchise tag is one thing but I doubt he would have held out with one year left on his contract. I would have had him play out this coming season and then tag and trade him. We could have probably got a similar trade offer after this season assuming Tyreek continues to play and be healthy.
Lilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #887
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You do know that the optimistic folks here face the same level of vitriol that the pessimistic folks do, right?

It doesn't matter which side you're on, the other side's opinion is essentially unassailable.
And in times like these the optimists are outnumbered.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:29 PM   #888
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
That’s what happens when you are paying a gigantic QB contract.

The Packers traded down with a desperate Saints team and got an extra 1st rd pick and used it on Rashan Gary. They opened up cap space to get Preston and Za’Darius Smith 2 years ago bc they made sacrifices in the short term. It paid off and they had every opportunity to make it back bc of a stronger roster.

Why do you think they traded Devante Adams?
It's what happens when you push all-in for three years. When you throw too much money at a luxury #2 WR and a brokedick DE. When you are so appalled by watching your QB run around with his hair on fire in the SB that you give a G a record-setting contract.

Mahomes deal isn't untenable short term or long-term. But pushing your chips in year after year is.

It's time for Mahomes 2nd era and in a lot of ways I'm excited about the prospect.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:29 PM   #889
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
As if anyone would pass up millions of dollars over feelings. Pfffff....

Tyreek cashed in, good for him. He don't owe us shit. We rooted for him, and he returned the favor with great plays.

The Chiefs paid him handsomely and kept faith in him and he paid it back in spades.
I mean if I was already rich as ****, and making about 20 million a year sign me the **** up for more winning. Yes I’d rather be on a team that wins, still be rich as **** and make 20 million a year(plus endorsements).

Tom Brady as much as I hate him took pay cuts to make this happen. Maybe you could check up on him and see if things are going well for him. He probably failed because feelings over money right?
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:29 PM   #890
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
And in times like these the optimists are outnumbered.
Bring on the ****ing pussy ass cowards!!!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #891
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 View Post
Had nothing to do with feelings. It would have been good business. As I said, the more time went on with him being underpaid, the more expensive and out of control the situation got. Addressing this earlier would have kept Tyreek and for cheaper in the long run, which is good business not about feelings.
You mean like how the Chiefs went to him to restructure his contract last year? And he said NO. He waited to see what the WR market was going to be this year and then asked for more money than any other WR in the league.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #892
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's what happens when you push all-in for three years. When you throw too much money at a luxury #2 WR and a brokedick DE. When you are so appalled by watching your QB run around with his hair on fire in the SB that you give a G a record-setting contract.

Mahomes deal isn't untenable short term or long-term. But pushing your chips in year after year is.

It's time for Mahomes 2nd era and in a lot of ways I'm excited about the prospect.
Really hope that 2nd era comes with a defense.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #893

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
This. Him taking that team friendly deal ****ed us in the long run.
No matter what we paid him on the last deal, this is what he was going to want on this one.

There's nothing logical about needing to be the highest paid guy. Hill wasn't ever going to starve had he just played out this deal and retired.

This is a pride thing. And ultimately giving him another $3-5 million on his last deal wouldn't have changed that.

He had the earning potential to swing his dick and so he did.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #894
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That’s the odd part.

I’m not at all sad or depressed today like I would’ve expected.

I’m more excited than I’ve been since we first got Pat.

It’s going to be a long wait for the draft though. I wish it started tomorrow.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #895
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
That’s what happens when you are paying a gigantic QB contract.

The Packers traded down with a desperate Saints team and got an extra 1st rd pick and used it on Rashan Gary. They opened up cap space to get Preston and Za’Darius Smith 2 years ago bc they made sacrifices in the short term. It paid off and they had every opportunity to make it back bc of a stronger roster.

Why do you think they traded Devante Adams?
Adams is 2 years older than Tyreek so they're not even comparable.

And remember how the selling point of Mahomes 10 year deal was how flexible it was and how we'd be able to re-structure it so easily to keep top players. 1 year in and that's terribly false.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #896
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
I mean if I was already rich as ****, and making about 20 million a year sign me the **** up for more winning. Yes I’d rather be on a team that wins, still be rich as **** and make 20 million a year(plus endorsements).

Tom Brady as much as I hate him took pay cuts to make this happen. Maybe you could check up on him and see if things are going well for him. He probably failed because feelings over money right?
Some of these guys come from poverty and aren't just taking care of themselves but a whole generation of their family and beyond.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #897
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 View Post
Had nothing to do with feelings. It would have been good business. As I said, the more time went on with him being underpaid, the more expensive and out of control the situation got. Addressing this earlier would have kept Tyreek and for cheaper in the long run, which is good business not about feelings.
YOU were the one posting about Tyreeks "resentment"
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:33 PM   #898
In Search of a Life

I'm depressed in that him and Mahomes were just the ideal connection. Wanted to see them play it out and see what they could do.

Oh well.

Forward we go I suppose.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:33 PM   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You do know that the optimistic folks here face the same level of vitriol that the pessimistic folks do, right?

It doesn't matter which side you're on, the other side's opinion is essentially unassailable.
I spent a week getting called a miserable asshole for not liking some of the decisions we made.

Sometimes it ain't being an optimist OR a pessimist.

If you have a clear outlook on how you think things should be done (right, wrong or otherwise) you're going to end up on both sides of various discussions.

It's the nice thing about having a compass. You don't have to bend over backwards trying to formulate an opinion that jibes with your 'trend'. You don't have to squint to call everything Veach does good or everything he does bad.

You can play them as they lay.

More people should try it - in all walks of life really. It's a hell of a lot simpler this way.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:33 PM   #900
Starter

Quote:

Nobody ever talks about this bc we all love thuney, but in hindsight, that signing was a terrible move by veach. The oline would have been fine with the upgrades made in the draft and with either allegretti or Blythe at guard instead of thuney. I'd much rather spend big money extending hill (if possible, I know it takes both sides) last off-season than sign thuney.
Lilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLilmrp117 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about