Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2021, 04:32 AM  
Why so serious?

Thoughts the day after

Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:30 PM   #316
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
When things are this bad you don’t have a choice but to go back to the drawing board.

Last year, we were getting raped on the ground until week 6.

Hopefully, we will be quicker to institute adjustments this year to solidify this run defense.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #317
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Without that deal that's "killing us" we don't win a SB. 50 ****ing years we waited. I'll take the ensuing two years of poor production and wasted cap space over not winning a Super Bowl. We are clear of that contract after this year.
Exactly. That Super Bowl win stamped it.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #318
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
At one point Kerrigan, Clowney, Houston and Ingram were all on the market.

I was certain the Chiefs would sign one of them.
I think the frustrating thing, at least for me;

you see these guys on the market, and you see us pass on them, and your gut says 'gosh we could have used them.'

Then you start creating rationale narratives, . . . gosh, we've had a lot of good fortune, . . . guess that means that ALL of our assessment metrics are top notch, . . . maybe that means that what we have is EVEN BETTER!! than these guys. They wouldn't just skip an opportunity to improve the team. . . . they see the players up close every day. . . in Reid/Vaunch/Spags we trust, . . . who are we to second guess. . .

Then the first two weeks of real action just slaps you in the face.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #319
Mindful Taoist German

The Ravens won their super bowl.

We have to wait 4 more months for ours...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:28 PM   #320
Starter

The Raiders are 2 and 0 and that infuriates me.
Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:30 PM   #321
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #322
Going home eventually

I know this, it's going to be rough watching this shit super expensive defense get ran over. Go for the td every game. **** the clock, we will need every single td we can get.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:36 PM   #323
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
I wanted to avoid mainstream sports media completely, but I suckered into watching a few clips.

If CEH didn't fumble and the Chiefs win... is Lamar being called the "Real MVP".

We are living the Patriots lifestyle people, the world now hates us.
We have been for awhile.

We were the darlings at the end of 2019. First SB in 50 years, Andy's first ring, etc etc. But as soon as 2020 rolled around and we didn't decline, I'm sure a lot of fans, especially AFC fans, got real sick of us real quick. Its boring when 1 team wins for too long, its just how it is. Now we're the evil established power every team is trying to knock off. We're getting every team's absolute best shot.

We're gonna be hated for a bit as long as we continue to be kings of the AFC, its just how it be.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #324
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I think the reason that I felt bad about this loss is that I didn't really think we'd ever lose again.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:58 PM   #325
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think the reason that I felt bad about this loss is that I didn't really think we'd ever lose again.
See, I knew we were going to lose again. I know we probably have exponentially more devastating moments ahead of in coming years. No one stays 100% healthy, no one plays mistake-free forever, no one plays under the market value forever, etc.

What is bad about this loss is huge swathes of key parts of the franchise played way below professional expectations, in a manner that doesn't appear to be one-off mental mistakes or just getting caught on low-effort days. Performing well-below professional expectations in ways that will persist until fundamental changes are installed, whether it's scheme or personnel.

It's like the difference; . . . say you have a beautiful new Lambo, and you take it out the strip and track. You thrash it, . . . and instead of it being slightly out of tune, or instead of you missing the apex on a couple turns, . . . you realize that the engine is fine and the tune is fine, and the body is beautiful, but the transmission and suspension has you getting outrun and lapped by Camrys and Altimas.

It's not the loss itself, it's the enormity of the work evident to correct the imperfections.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-21-2021 at 05:05 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:05 PM   #326
In Search of a Life

I wouldn't feel bad at all if we were just making mistakes. The fumble is fixable. Some of the run-gap stuff is fixable.

But our D-line getting manhandled, and CEH being slow as a snail don't seem fixable.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #327
Praise Him

[QUOTE=Molitoth;15846858]I wanted to avoid mainstream sports media completely, but I suckered into watching a few clips.

If CEH didn't fumble and the Chiefs win... is Lamar being called the "Real MVP".

We are living the Patriots lifestyle people, the world now hates us.[/QUOTE

And IF Mahomes doesn't throw an INT (which Ravens scored 6 on) and IF the defense was at least avg then Chiefs probably win.
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #328
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Alex with the Letterkenny problem-solving paradigm

Old 09-21-2021, 11:05 PM   #329
Gonna go back in time....

Smith is kinda right that a couple of mistakes cost us the game. Where he is wrong is that they were excessively stupid mistakes by the Qb and to a greater extent Andy. Mahomes shouldn't have thrown the pic and trusted that the d was going to make at least one play, maybe they fumble the punt or he pins Lamar inside the 5.
Andy should have had D. Williams, Burton running if he's playing for a fg, stout dudes that can take a hit and pass protect if mahomes changes the call at the line. If he's going touchdown, why not trex there or spread them out and run an rpo?
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:23 PM   #330
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Deep breath

Week 3
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.