Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2019, 02:55 PM  
MVP

***** Official 2019-2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 09-25-2019 at 04:19 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #766
MVP

Didn't he get a bad injury?
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #767
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
SDS not getting on the court bugs me.

Thought for sure this kid would play with a big chip on his shoulder.
The excuse has been that he's rusty after a year off

We shall see I guess. It has been shocking to not see him on the floor almost an entire half some games.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #768

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Didn't he get a bad injury?
Wilson? Broken ankle, 10-12 weeks, nearly a month ago. Return expected in Jan.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #769
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:

#meToo
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:46 AM   #770
Supporter

So FWIW Graham hit 10 3s tonight for Charlotte. Good for him.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:51 AM   #771
Supporter

Quote:

More than that I thought he’d be better suited for the game these days than Doke or McCormick. Doke has his place as the giant ****ing ogre on the floor. But SDS is so much more of a fluid athlete than McCormick (and I’m a McCormick fan) he should be able to get minutes, especially if 4s or even 5s try to stretch and work in space. If we need the size I can understand going McCormick but we haven’t really faced anyone big yet.

As much as Self wants to go 2 bigs, you’d think SDS would get reps defending the 4 guard lineups.

IDK man.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:16 AM   #772
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Wilson? Broken ankle, 10-12 weeks, nearly a month ago. Return expected in Jan.
He is red shirting this year
ramblinman73 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:45 AM   #773
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinman73 View Post
He is red shirting this year
Q

Welcome to the Planet.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #774
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I don't think a coach should avoid intentionally fouling over honor. If you don't like a game being decided by fouling a player who doesn't have the ball, and I never have, the rules should be changed. But coaches should try to win within what the rules allow.

I would change both college and NBA so if a player not involved with the ball is fouled, team gets option to take ball out of bounds with short reset of shooting clock.

A player who is about to catch or has just thrown a pass is involved with the ball.
The strategy of fouling intentionally won Bob Knight a National Championship in 87. And it certainly helped KU in 2008.

But I agree that fouling a specific player, off the ball, just to put him on the line at the end of the game, should not be an option. But the problem is that there are legitimate off the ball fouls, like grabbing a cutting player when defending an inbounds play, that should put players on the line.

But the officials already can't get verticality or the charge/block calls correct, so changes to the rule book adding another judgement call in tight game situations would undoubtedly just lead to more controversy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #775
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
The strategy of fouling intentionally won Bob Knight a National Championship in 87. And it certainly helped KU in 2008.

But I agree that fouling a specific player, off the ball, just to put him on the line at the end of the game, should not be an option. But the problem is that there are legitimate off the ball fouls, like grabbing a cutting player when defending an inbounds play, that should put players on the line.

But the officials already can't get verticality or the charge/block calls correct, so changes to the rule book adding another judgement call in tight game situations would undoubtedly just lead to more controversy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I watched UNC get throttled at home last night, and the refs ****ed up 3 charge calls against 1 dude on OSU. Felt like the Final 4 game with UNC.

Refs are just terrible across the board.

And if I'm getting the story straight, didn't Hardin dunk a ball and it ripped through the net so hard it rolled back up on the rim and off, the officials refused to count the bucket, and Houston lost in Double OT?

What a ****fest officiating is these days.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #776
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
More than that I thought he’d be better suited for the game these days than Doke or McCormick. Doke has his place as the giant ****ing ogre on the floor. But SDS is so much more of a fluid athlete than McCormick (and I’m a McCormick fan) he should be able to get minutes, especially if 4s or even 5s try to stretch and work in space. If we need the size I can understand going McCormick but we haven’t really faced anyone big yet.

As much as Self wants to go 2 bigs, you’d think SDS would get reps defending the 4 guard lineups.

IDK man.
The problem with your logic here is that SDS isn't good enough defensively to guard stretch 4s away from the paint. It's unfortunate (and kind of a head scratcher), but it's true.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #777
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
The problem with your logic here is that SDS isn't good enough defensively to guard stretch 4s away from the paint. It's unfortunate (and kind of a head scratcher), but it's true.
I know this. But neither is McCormick and SDS, physically should pick it up better than McCormick is all I was saying.

And if you're going to give a guy some run to knock the rust off and see what he's got, it was the first few games (after Duke of course).

Obviously something else is going on.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #778
Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately this is correct. I think SDS can learn to be a better defender on the perimeter but it will take time. He’s never had to do that before and looks very unsure of himself, which is understandable. It’s not rocket science he just needs practice.
kcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellikcjayhawks5 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #779
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
If we lost Doke for the season, and we just played SDS instead. Would we really be much worse? We wouldn't have to force the ball down low resulting in tons of turnovers and 38% FT attempts and can focus on moving the ball. Getting the open shot. Doke's defense really isn't that amazing anyway, he's just long and can occasionally get blocks. He's not a good rebounder or a plus defender.

Doke has value when used effectively, but I'm afraid when I hear Bill Self too much say how the offense has to run thru Doke and he has to catch it every time down the floor. Which is mind boggling to me. Lots of bad things can happen when you force the ball into the post. Either our guards throw the ball out of bounds trying to feed him, he bobbles the ball, gets it stripped, or gets fouled and we have a 35% FT shooter going to the line. All of those scenarios are not effective basketball. Sure, when he's wide open get him the ball but the force feeding him or wanting to do that sure isn't a great idea IMO.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I know this. But neither is McCormick
I might have to disagree on the fluidity gap between McCormack and SDS. McCormack may not be a ballet dancer out there, but he has been surprisingly agile given his monster size. Since SDS isn't built for guarding stretch 4s either, McCormack's size works as an advantage even on the perimeter.