Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:52 PM   #1516
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Sims/Peppers came immediately to mind.

But I was also thinking McDuffie/Kyler Gordon. And I remember during the draft thinking "Man, Gordon looks really good - but they just NEVER throw at McDuffie. That has to mean something...right?"

Sure seemed to in that case.
I was a huge fan of McDuffie, but I also liked Gordon a lot too. I know he had a rough rookie season, but pretty sure he was good this year.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #1517
In Search of a Life

Here's Kollman's video on Adonai Mitchell:

https://youtu.be/I9PPe1KiHw4?si=kcswygPMqGn5euL1

His Lamb comparison (minus YAC) is interesting.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #1518
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Hate to say it but I've mellowed a tiny bit on Franklin and warmed a little on Mitchell. Would still love Franklin at 32
Come over to Team Alpha WR.

We have t-shirts.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF-HGs..._source=editor
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #1519
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I was a huge fan of McDuffie, but I also liked Gordon a lot too. I know he had a rough rookie season, but pretty sure he was good this year.
Yeah - it was never a comparison I made directly until after we made the deal and I wondered if we might've been better served staying put and taking Gordon instead of moving up for McDuffie.

Clearly not. I'm pretty sure I got that one wrong because I didn't like that we had to include a 3rd instead of a 4th. It just felt too steep.

Point: Veach.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:05 PM   #1520
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I mean, how much have you watched Bo Nix?

You watch 2 minutes of Thomas highlights from the past 2 years, and you see Daniels ripping the deep ball consistently, with accuracy, good timing, and velocity, both from inside the pocket with his feet set and on the scramble drill.

You watch Franklin's highlights in comparison to Thomas's and it becomes apparent pretty quickly that there is a vast difference in the talent between the QBs throwing them the ball. Nix doesn't have the touch or feel or arm strength.

I think they're both really good prospects and would be glad to roll with either one. I don't think Thomas is in KC's range without a trade up into the low 20s, and honestly, Franklin might not be either.
I have been aware of Daniels for years.

Was initially excited but actually cooled on him just as others were getting excited.

What you are saying also applies to Daniels. He is throwing to two top 5 WR's in this draft class.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:08 PM   #1521
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I have been aware of Daniels for years.

Was initially excited but actually cooled on him just as others were getting excited.

What you are saying also applies to Daniels. He is throwing to two top 5 WR's in this draft class.
Do you get my point, though? It's hard to watch the highlights of these players and compare where and when they're getting the ball. Thomas has a LOT more to make his life easy (another stud WR drawing more attention than him, a dynamic runner at QB who has to be accounted for by the defense, and a QB with a bigger arm who excels at throwing the deep ball and LOOKS to throw the deep ball more).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:10 PM   #1522
Generational Player

Quote:
Do you get my point, though? It's hard to watch the highlights of these players and compare where and when they're getting the ball. Thomas has a LOT more to make his life easy (another stud WR drawing more attention than him, a dynamic runner at QB who has to be accounted for by the defense, and a QB with a bigger arm who excels at throwing the deep ball and LOOKS to throw the deep ball more).
Of course. That's why you can't just watch highlights but figure out what they are doing and then how it translates to the next level.

That's why this shit is hard.

If it was easy actual NFL teams who spend way more time than us wouldn't miss so much.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:14 PM   #1523
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

We have t-shirts.

Which statline is that of an alpha?

Playing same opponent, an elite team with good outside corners who will play Sundays:

Alpha Candidate A: 4 receptions (12 targets)/32 yards 1 TD
Alpha Candidate B: 8 receptions (11 targets)/154 yards 1 TD
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:22 PM   #1524
Generational Player

Quote:
Which statline is that of an alpha?

Playing same opponent, an elite team with good outside corners who will play Sundays:

Alpha Candidate A: 4 receptions (12 targets)/32 yards 1 TD
Alpha Candidate B: 8 receptions (11 targets)/154 yards 1 TD

I don't care.

I am drafting the traits that work better in the NFL over the slot volume guy.

Not interested in some tiny slot with a 1st round pick.

Terrible use of resources.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:29 PM   #1525
Andy Reid Supporter

Hard to say what they’ll do. This team didn’t draft DL or CB’s with shorter arms and then they drafted Karlaftis and McDuffie, so who knows
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:32 PM   #1526
Generational Player

With respect to WR's they have passed on guys like

DK Metcalf
Michael Pittman
Tee Higgins
Terry McLaurin
Diontae Johnson
George Pickens
Khalil Shakir

And have opted for

Mecole Hardman Raw, Fast/Gadget Guy with no route running

Sky Moore Plus Release small slot with no other + NFL traits
Old 02-28-2024, 03:39 PM   #1527
MVP

Quote:

We have t-shirts.

Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:40 PM   #1528
MVP

WRs Legette AND Corley in the 2nd & 3rd? Let's get physical!

Kelce
Rice
Legette
Corley

Move over DBs!
Old 02-28-2024, 03:49 PM   #1529
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I don't care.

I am drafting the traits that work better in the NFL over the slot volume guy.

Not interested in some tiny slot with a 1st round pick.

Terrible use of resources.

A is Mitchell. B is Franklin.

If you knew that and are categorizing Franklin as a tiny slot-only guy, you’re just way off.

He lined up inside and out and his best reps against Washington are split evenly between the outside and the slot. And his tape from 22 and 23 backs that up.

I don’t have a problem with liking Thomas more than Franklin. I probably do, too if picking between them in a vacuum.

I do have a problem with acting like Franklin is trash or mid-representing his alignment tendencies.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:59 PM   #1530
Generational Player

Quote:
A is Mitchell. B is Franklin.

If you knew that and are categorizing Franklin as a tiny slot-only guy, you’re just way off.

He lined up inside and out and his best reps against Washington are split evenly between the outside and the slot. And his tape from 22 and 23 backs that up.

I don’t have a problem with liking Thomas more than Franklin. I probably do, too if picking between them in a vacuum.

I do have a problem with acting like Franklin is trash or mid-representing his alignment tendencies.
Nope, not trash.

I already said I LOVED Downs last year and Worthy will probably be comparable for me.

The issue is Downs went in the 3rd round.