Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2024, 11:58 AM  
Generational Player

Alpha WR's

Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM   #181
Generational Player

I wish I wasn't so slowwwwwwww...

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:24 AM   #182
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Yeah pre combine I had it as Franklin, Mitchell, Worthy , with Mitchell closing the gap. I figured if the 40s were similar I MIGHT prefer Mitchell because his route running is a step above for savvy. Now I'm fully onboard for Mitchell. Probably, marginally, I'd go for Worthy over Franklin now.
Mitchell is a really good route runner, who happens to be huge and very fast. If BTJ or Mitchell are anywhere close to us on draft day, I hope we make a move for one of them. Maybe Mahomes will throw to Mitchell in the off-season, since he went to Texas and may be around there, and like Rice, he will give Veach his seal of approval.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:23 AM   #183
Needs more middle fingers

I wanna be impressed, but he just does not play that fast on the field. He just doesn't.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:31 AM   #184
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

I wish I wasn't so slowwwwwwww...

I like Mitchell, and have liked him (I think he was my first pick in the first offseason exercise I ran, or maybe in the second). I don't like him as much as you.

But still... I don't think 4.35 shows up very often on the field. The long TD down the middle against Texas where he has to track the ball over a shoulder is the only one highlight that really shows off that type of speed.

Better to have it in the tank than not have it, of course. And I know he did the interview where he talked about running routes at 80 percent or whatever to stay fresh all game. But I do think he'll have to give closer to max effort on all his routes in the NFL to be effective at that level.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:34 AM   #185
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I like Mitchell, and have liked him (I think he was my first pick in the first offseason exercise I ran, or maybe in the second). I don't like him as much as you.

But still... I don't think 4.35 shows up very often on the field. The long TD down the middle against Texas where he has to track the ball over a shoulder is the only one highlight that really shows off that type of speed.

Better to have it in the tank than not have it, of course. And I know he did the interview where he talked about running routes at 80 percent or whatever to stay fresh all game. But I do think he'll have to give closer to max effort on all his routes in the NFL to be effective at that level.
If there's one thing Reid and Mahomes love, it's a WR who doesn't like to run.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:35 AM   #186
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
If there's one thing Reid and Mahomes love, it's a WR who doesn't like to run.
Mitchell not going full speed still more impactful than Mecole, Skyy Moore or MVS running fast and doing jack.

Same with frail Franklin that doesn’t accelerate well or CPs tiny tot gadget Worthy.

Sorry, I want a real WR, not some gimmick.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 11:38 AM   #187
Generational Player

Quote:

I realize Brett Kollman is an entertainer but he made a solid point on Adonai.

He’s so smooth that he does not look fast. Whereas a Franklin is taking all these fast steps that go nowhere.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:45 PM   #188
Veteran

Quote:

I sort of agree but also re MahomesMagic's point on smoothness. He also seems to really vary his speeds to lull DBs, to be honest it's one of the things I liked about him. The variation in releases, speeds...it feels deliberate. He isn't going 4.35 most routes and it's by design, but there's also flashes in routes where he absolutely looks that quick to me, it's just in 10 yard bursts not 40. Just my 2 cents.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:19 PM   #189
Veteran

Mitchell and worthy are both gone before we pick and we aren’t trading up for a wr. I just don’t see us investing that much in a wr. If one fell to 32, maybe, but the more reasonable targets are after BTJ, Mitchell and worthy. They are all gone by 32.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:20 PM   #190
Generational Player

Rick Spielman, former NFL GM, said he would pick Adonai over little Worthy for the Chiefs if both were on the board for Kansas City.

He also mentions that Ladd McConkey weighs more and was a better football player than Worthy.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:12 PM   #191
MVP

Quote:
Rick Spielman, former NFL GM, said he would pick Adonai over little Worthy for the Chiefs if both were on the board for Kansas City.

He also mentions that Ladd McConkey weighs more and was a better football player than Worthy.
That's a good reason to do it in reverse. Spielman was a terrible NFL GM. I could do better from my couch, literally.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:14 PM   #192
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
That's a good reason to do it in reverse. Spielman was a terrible NFL GM. I could do better from my couch, literally.

Even if what you said was true, irrelevant. Spielman way more connected with NFL scouts than the analytics guys on Twitter.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:18 PM   #193
MVP

Quote:

Even if what you said was true, irrelevant. Spielman way more connected with NFL scouts than the analytics guys on Twitter.
I was thinking of the guy that was GM for the Lions that took WRs like 3 1sts in a row... Wrong guy
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:20 PM   #194
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I was thinking of the guy that was GM for the Lions that took WRs like 3 1sts in a row... Wrong guy
I am not going to Google but my recollection was Spielman did well for a while then eventually had a few bad drafts and was gone.

But he was successful for many years.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:21 PM   #195
MVP

Either way, I don't know how anyone can conclude that Ladd McConkey is in the same tier as Worthy or Mitchell. He's in that next tier but the drop is substantial.