Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2020, 08:20 AM   Topic Starter
__

A situation to monitor: Kelce’s contract.

So here’s a mild curiosity: Kelce was inked like two weeks ago and his year by year cap hits haven’t been released yet.

That stands in stark contrast to Mahomes and Jones (and virtually everybody else’s contracts. If you go to OverTheCap and Spotrac, neither has the contract updated. I’ve been checking daily, because of course I am.

There was a tweet the day of, by Mike Garofalo I think, that gave us the year cash payouts, but cash payouts on these big deals don’t always match up with the cap hits. The cash payout for this year is the same as his pre-extension cap number, but the cash payout for 2021 is actually 4m higher than the pre-extension cap number.

Obviously, this could very well be nothing. But a conspiracy theory you could embrace is that the cash payouts are far more flattering to the player and/or sensible to the general public than the actual cap hits, which could be ugly. I don’t even know what “ugly” would look like in this scenario, I’m just spitballing because stalling the contract info this long is somewhat unique.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.