Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #15916
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
With that much fat, how does it render down at 130?

I did a rib eye last week and the 500 degree oven after searing on stove turned all the fat into butter.
Seems ok with Ribeye but those I’ve been doing aren’t as thick. I think I’ll go 133 temp on this because of the fat. Sear on cast iron after Sous Vide.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #15917
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Decided to do tacos and cut up some adobo chipotles instead of salsa or something.

Holy **** those things were burn your face off hot. But it tasted really good. If I’d have cut them into smaller pieces they would have kicked 9 kinds of ass. I ate a piece on a chip though, and that’s about the extent of what I’m good for.

It was a nice change up.

I use those as one of the seasonings in my chili. In addition I chop one up in each bowl I eat as a boost.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 12:56 PM   #15918
Ain't no relax!

Got a Christmas present from Mexico. Some fresh chipotle powder, and some dried anchos. Can't wait to try them....

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #15919
MVP

I have tried buying several versions of just the Adobo sauce. I have only found a beef marinade so far that's worth a shit.

Anyone try this?

I have made it from scratch but it's a PITA unless you make some for friends. I recommend this as you can use all the shit you have to buy.

I buy the large cans 28oz of the San Marcos at my local Mexican restaurant/ grocery thing and run it through the Cuisinart with some added roasted sweet peppers and onions. They have offered to make me some but the cost has never been mentioned. They gouged me once, buyer beware.

Not too hot, add a little wine or stock to get consistency where you want it.

I freeze it in cubes but will last about 30 day's in fridge.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 01-03-2021 at 01:09 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #15920
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Got a Christmas present from Mexico. Some fresh chipotle powder, and some dried anchos. Can't wait to try them....

Did you also get any green leafy stuff?

Looks just like oregano
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #15921
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Nah. It was still tough. Flavor was still ham (which I’m meh on). Could barely taste anything pineapple so I didn’t wash the flavor out. I drank a gallon of water that night so I it was still salty anyway. LOL

It was just still pretty tough. That’s why I’m thinking I didn’t cook it long enough.
Most of the hams you buy in a supermarket are City Hams. They are wet brined a faster curing process and can be overly salty if not soaked for 24 to 72 hours prior to cooking or warming. If pressed for time can boil the saline out but changes the texture.

Country Hams my favorite is dry cured and slow smoked over a long period. It has a more smokey flavor and generally even saltier. You slice it off the bone and soak or boil if you cant stand the salty flavor. It makes the best ham salad samitches. Country hams are the ham shanks you will see around xmas or easter wrapped in burlap or cheesecloth.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #15922
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Did you also get any green leafy stuff?

Looks just like oregano
Like I'd go to Mexico for that.. LOL. Hell no. I'd end up in some Mexican prison getting spooned by Chavez the serial killer.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #15923
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Most of the hams you buy in a supermarket are City Hams. They are wet brined a faster curing process and can be overly salty if not soaked for 24 to 72 hours prior to cooking or warming. If pressed for time can boil the saline out but changes the texture.

Country Hams my favorite is dry cured and slow smoked over a long period. It has a more smokey flavor and generally even saltier. You slice it off the bone and soak or boil if you cant stand the salty flavor. It makes the best ham salad samitches. Country hams are the ham shanks you will see around xmas or easter wrapped in burlap or cheesecloth.
My mom and step-dad always get us a ham for Christmas on top of everything else. They typically go all-out. Usually it's a couple 8lbers and I'll slice/cube some up for sandwiches or ham/beans or scalloped potatoes/ham.

This year they got me a full 18lb ham and I'm a little concerned about how I'm gonna cook that thing. It's a monster. Guessing I'll use it for my wife's family Easter, they've got enough people.

I've used orange juice for moisture and Meat Church Honey BBQ rub with a little extra brown sugar on the outside and it's turned out well for Thanksgiving. Take the drippings out and reduce them by about 2/3 and use that as a glaze then crank the oven heat up to crisp a little bit.

Buehler I will say I've made ham in the crockpot with a triple layer tin foil lid covering it the same way and it heated up in about 6 hours and turned out just fine.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #15924
Fight, build, win!

I just got some spices from Amazom before xmas as I was low on a few. The chilli powder is from Swaggets Spice World local. The small 4 oz packages are from amazon. The big bottle is New Mexico ground hatch chilli pepper. I tried to get from a spice shop in New Mexico but when they sellout they dont seem to get more till the next year. I love it for chilli con carne. That bottle is from amazon it's pretty big to stay fresh. It's over 2 years now and still fine and haven't made a dent.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk

Last edited by srvy; 01-03-2021 at 04:17 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #15925
Would an idiot do that?

re: green hatch chili from NM, this shit is good... have to buy the Extra Hot if you like some kick.

https://madeinnewmexico.com/hatch-chile-salsa

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:07 PM   #15926
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
re: green hatch chili from NM, this shit is good... have to buy the Extra Hot if you like some kick.

https://madeinnewmexico.com/hatch-chile-salsa

Some good recipe's on that site too.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #15927
Supporter

Wife wanted a pork butt. So I did what any self respecting man’s man would do and cooked the pork butt. On toast!

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #15928
Ultrabanned

Can see some serious bark on that one Buehler, looks tasty.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #15929
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Wife wanted a pork butt.
Doesn't she already?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:56 PM   #15930
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:

Okay, here's today. Chili.

IMG-1527-1

IMG-1529-1
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote