Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 AM  
Ain't no relax!

Captain Marvel

Last edited by DaFace; 12-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: size was doing weird things to the thread
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #586
EvOlVeD

irregardless....

this is pretty cool

Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #587
It Goes On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
irregardless....

this is pretty cool

Definitely one of the cooler moments in the movie, and I just knew he would be beside himself about it.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #588
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
It was ok, probably around the middle or bottom of the Marvel series for me. Not even close to the epicness of Black Panther.

I was entertained, but nothing truly special.

The girl power stuff didn't bother me.

Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. I agree with every word.

My wife thought it was "boring". She was not impressed in the slightest.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 AM   #589
Supporter

Really enjoyed the movie. Only thing that bothered me a bit was the Skrulls makeup/acting. They were TOO human....like they were fresh from some convention or something. But overall, good film, especially the 3rd act.

Last edited by SAGA45; 03-12-2019 at 08:35 AM..
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 AM   #590
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. I agree with every word.

My wife thought it was "boring". She was not impressed in the slightest.
Funny you say that, my wife fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I had to keep waking her up and she was excited to see the flick.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #591
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Don't get me wrong - it's worth seeing. There are some fun loose ends in the MCU that get tied up a bit. I just don't think her story is all that compelling (and I'm really trying hard not to get stuck in the "because she's a girl" mentality).

My biggest issue is a bit of a spoiler - more about the character than the movie itself, but read at your own risk:

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
Funny you say that, my wife fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I had to keep waking her up and she was excited to see the flick.
Both of these takes sum it up for me... I thought the first 20 minutes was a lot of 'meh'. They did an ok job of explaining some things that we've always wondered about in the other films.

I think what we as movie goers like in the hero character is most have a flaw or an ability to fail. As mentioned, Captain Marvel appears to be flawless with the ability to defeat anything and is obviously the most powerful Avenger, so why are the others needed?

I liked the movie, not sure it's a 'stop what you're doing rewatch' on cable like several of the others. Likely outside my top 5 MCU films. I think they could have done a bit more with the Kree/Skrulls character developments. Coulson should have been in it a bit more.

I think Fury needs his own film to fill in the development of his happy go lucky character in Marvel, compared to the serious no-nonsense badass we saw in the earlier MCU films when he was introduced.

A few things I've never really understood ... so the Tesserect. In Captain America, Red Skull drops it and it burns through the plane. The Flerkin hacks it up and it sits on the desk. I guess because it was 'active' when Skull was holding it vs dormant when the Flerkin yacked it up or when they put it in the lunch pail.

And, has Captain America not aged because he was frozen or because of the syrum? Doesn't appear CM ages too much between the origin story vs the Endgames which is what, 20 years later nearly? Same with Bucky... he wasn't frozen for 70 years, but had the super syrum, so I guess that's why those 2 don't age.

Not a comic book nerd, so I'm sure it's all explained.

Too much "girl gets knocked down or disrespected only to rise again" imagery for me. My wife hated it. But, similar to Black Panther... loud rounds of applause as it ended. #socialjusticestuff
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #592
Plays to win the game!

I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #593
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, I thought the reveal for why Fury lost his eye was a real letdown.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #594
#triggering

And, seeing how audiences reacted to the genuine feel of the comedy that flowed from Guardians and then Deadpool... MCU has jumped the shark a bit with continuing the theme in movies like Ragnarok and now this one with Fury and the cat, the Skrulls, etc.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #595
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #596
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Running with scissors would've made more sense, and been even slightly more humorous.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #597
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
Just googled it.

The ****, Marvel? Are you ****ing serious?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #598
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Nick Fury in Winter Soldier; " Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

Nick Fury in Capt. Marvel; "Ouch. Goose just scratched me", looses eye.

Come on Marvel Studio, at least stay consistent in your lore.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #599
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:

He trusted the cat!!!

I enjoyed the movie but it's definitely weaker compared to most.

Captain Marvel being nearly invincible doesn't bother me, she's basically Marvel's Superman. Probably could've shown her figuring out her powers more though.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #600
Kind of a mod

Quote:

I never know when in these threads to abandon spoiler tags, but...

Spoiler!
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.