Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2023, 06:09 PM   #2
MVP

I have been rowing recently. I just need a solution to my garage cooling. I think I need to bite the bullet for a ductless mini split.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:09 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I have been rowing recently. I just need a solution to my garage cooling. I think I need to bite the bullet for a ductless mini split.

Can just go cheep and get a cooler, fill it with ice and have a fan blow across it.

Even better is to just suck it up and suffer. Will be miserable while doing it but will condition your body more.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:25 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Can just go cheep and get a cooler, fill it with ice and have a fan blow across it.

Even better is to just suck it up and suffer. Will be miserable while doing it but will condition your body more.
That’s not a bad idea. I can freeze 4 one gallon water jugs, and have the fan blow those, then just put them back in the freezer

I may give that a try

I live in AZ, and the garage gets insane in the summer. I am sure 110 plus.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
That’s not a bad idea. I can freeze 4 one gallon water jugs, and have the fan blow those, then just put them back in the freezer

I may give that a try

I live in AZ, and the garage gets insane in the summer. I am sure 110 plus.
If you want to have some DYI fun.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2YaJkkHQY
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:18 PM   #6
Fish are scared of me

I'm gonna pull the trigger on an Ebike soon. Fuk all the pedaling!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #7
Starter

I need to regain some muscle mass.

I had the brilliant idea of trying to carry my 350+ pound fwb on my back a few weeks ago. Didn't work out and my back hurt for about a week.
dolphinsneu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:06 AM   #8
Would an idiot do that?

I feel like for most people, the idea that lifting will always burn more calories than cardio only extends to how often you should be lifting... I've stuck to 3 days/week for a few years and I know as you get more advanced you'll potentially lift 4 or 5 (or 6?) days a week.

At some point you can't just say, lift in the morning, then replace that afternoon jog with more lifting... and instead of cardio on your off day, just lift more.

I think that's the point being made, outside of age or whatever.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:43 PM   #9
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I feel like for most people, the idea that lifting will always burn more calories than cardio only extends to how often you should be lifting... I've stuck to 3 days/week for a few years and I know as you get more advanced you'll potentially lift 4 or 5 (or 6?) days a week.

At some point you can't just say, lift in the morning, then replace that afternoon jog with more lifting... and instead of cardio on your off day, just lift more.

I think that's the point being made, outside of age or whatever.
Lifting alone will never burn more calories than lifting + cardio, its just simple math.

I wouldn't argue that if you are starting out from scratch and could only do one thing, lifting is the most beneficial. Once you get into reasonable type of shape adding cardio then becomes a force multiplier.

The most accurate answer IMO is find something you like to do whether its cardio, lifting, cross fit, whatever, and you will more likely stick to it. Not everyone is the same and if you hate the exercise you wont stick with it, no matter what it is. So I always say the most effective work out is the one you will enjoy enough to keep doing it.

Just 15 minutes of exercise a day can have a huge effect on health and life expectancy.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:07 PM   #10
Supporter

I get what everyone is saying. I am thinking more on the idea of an addition to an existing workout to burn some more calories vs creating a new plan or just starting out.

Throwing in an extra session of heavy core or compound lifts is more effective and an easier recovery than 30 minutes of knee and lower back destroying running/jogging.

If I were to add extra cardio it would be bike or swimming. Just to save joints from the extreme impacts from jogging/running. Swimming would be most efficient.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:28 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
I get what everyone is saying. I am thinking more on the idea of an addition to an existing workout to burn some more calories vs creating a new plan or just starting out.

Throwing in an extra session of heavy core or compound lifts is more effective and an easier recovery than 30 minutes of knee and lower back destroying running/jogging.

If I were to add extra cardio it would be bike or swimming. Just to save joints from the extreme impacts from jogging/running. Swimming would be most efficient.
You are sleeping on rowing. Low impact, total body.

I row for about 15 minutes 3 days a week, and do strength training 3 days a week.

I really need to nail down my diet. That’s my big struggle. I need to start at least tracking protein.
Old 04-11-2023, 03:29 PM   #12
MVP

Just finished the first 30 days of my latest P90X 3-month body reset. Doing the diet too. Eating mainly chicken breasts and steamed veggies.

I'm just a hair over 6 ft and I've dropped from 204 to 193 so far, and that's with a little added muscle. In the past the weight has really started coming off in days 30-90, so I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. That's also when most of the muscle-building happened.

Hoping to drop about 25 more while putting on about 10 more lbs of muscle. Went from 203 to 178 the last time I did the full 90 days with the diet, so that's what I'm using for a benchmark this time.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:24 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Just finished the first 30 days of my latest P90X 3-month body reset. Doing the diet too. Eating mainly chicken breasts and steamed veggies.

I'm just a hair over 6 ft and I've dropped from 204 to 193 so far, and that's with a little added muscle. In the past the weight has really started coming off in days 30-90, so I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. That's also when most of the muscle-building happened.

Hoping to drop about 25 more while putting on about 10 more lbs of muscle. Went from 203 to 178 the last time I did the full 90 days with the diet, so that's what I'm using for a benchmark this time.
Hmmm

Putting on that much muscle mass while simultaneously losing weight seems unlikely when natural.

Congrats on the body recomp, but P90x never struck me as being optimized for gains. It’s more for functional strength and athleticism. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

One can definitely gain some muscle while cutting, but your deficit needs to be minimal. Most people lose minimal weight while “main-gaining” because their muscle gain is mostly balanced with fat loss, so they maintain somewhat weight neutral.

Is your goal to lose weight, or to put on muscle?

I have learned to hard way that your attention to your macros needs to match your effort in the gym.

Sorry if I am giving unwanted advice.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 06:22 AM   #14
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Congrats on the body recomp, but P90x never struck me as being optimized for gains. It’s more for functional strength and athleticism. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, I'm sure I've given my 2 cents on p90x before, but I think it would need to be modified quite a bit for most people to get a lot of benefit from it... basically apply progressive overload and then cut back a ton on the smaller muscle movements (there's zero need for 100 curls per workout). It's thorough in terms of hitting every muscle group, and the plyo is insane, but far more endurance-based out of the box and never helped me progress to doing more and more pull-ups and those types of movements.

I personally don't track weight... I'm no expert, but believe there's a lot of misconception around body composition, especially if you're seeing drastic changes on the scale. You'll shed 10+ pounds of water weight and then "plateau", or start gaining it back, and so forth... I think taking measurements would be more accurate as long as you're consistent on when you do them, if you want to know you're growing your arms or whatever... but I don't worry about it, because the results are in the progressive overload.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2023, 06:42 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I've given my 2 cents on p90x before, but I think it would need to be modified quite a bit for most people to get a lot of benefit from it... basically apply progressive overload and then cut back a ton on the smaller muscle movements (there's zero need for 100 curls per workout). It's thorough in terms of hitting every muscle group, and the plyo is insane, but far more endurance-based out of the box and never helped me progress to doing more and more pull-ups and those types of movements.

I personally don't track weight... I'm no expert, but believe there's a lot of misconception around body composition, especially if you're seeing drastic changes on the scale. You'll shed 10+ pounds of water weight and then "plateau", or start gaining it back, and so forth... I think taking measurements would be more accurate as long as you're consistent on when you do them, if you want to know you're growing your arms or whatever... but I don't worry about it, because the results are in the progressive overload.
Exactly right.

When I was losing weight, my lifts were going up, but what I was mainly seeing is increase definition from weight loss. My main gains were from learning how to lift rather than hypertrophy. My weight has been consistent or maybe slightly going up for the last four months, and my muscles have definitely gotten bigger.