Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.

I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #286
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGRS13 View Post
I believe you believe that. I just don’t like white supremacy.
If anything, Native American named teams (not named Redskins) helps eliminate white supremacy. You want to rename all teams dedicated and honoring minorities but allow the white names to continue such as New England, Celtics, Vikings, Irish, etc? Eliminating native American names is cancel culture against minorities. Revel in the fact that we live in a great multicultural nation with names from all cultures. Helps provide a good balance of culture.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #287
Fight, build, win!

While in no way will KC Chiefs be 86ed. The remote possibility Hunts would change I like Kansas City Explorers. It honors the KC area history of the trailhead edge of the frontier and beginning of The Voyage of Discovery along with the beginning of the Santa Fe Trail.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #288
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
If anything, Native American named teams (not named Redskins) helps eliminate white supremacy. You want to rename all teams dedicated and honoring minorities but allow the white names to continue such as New England, Celtics, Vikings, Irish, etc? Eliminating native American names is cancel culture against minorities. Revel in the fact that we live in a great multicultural nation with names from all cultures. Helps provide a good balance of culture.
for the record i never said if the name should be changed. i simply gave my two cents as how i believe Clark and the Hunts should approach the subject
MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.MGRS13 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #289
The Constitutional Choo choo

We aint changing CHIEFS and we aint changing Mt. Rushmore..

That is blood bath shit.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #290
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Okay, here's our list through Post 101. I also added a couple that arose from my own mental recesses.

Barbecuers
Beefs
Blues
Camels
Catfish
Chameleons
Champs
Champions
Chief Executive Officers
Choppers
Crimson
Crop Dusters
Destroyers
Ermines
Fighting Banana Slugs
Fire Chiefs
Grays
Hammerheads
Hellbenders
Hitmen
Hunters
Jazz
Kangaroos
Kings
Knights
Murder Hornets
Outlaws
Pitch
Racers
Sauce
Saucers
Savages
Scouts
Slabs
Smoke
Tornadoes
Wasps
Wolfpack
Wolves
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:59 AM   #291
MFIC

Sooo, you'll add "Smelly Poo Poo Heads" to the list once you get to post 244?

BTW - Z-men would be good, too bad it's sexist.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:00 AM   #292
Pessimistically optimistic.

Spearchuckers!
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #293
Be Kind To Your Pets

We need something familiar, but not so controversial.

I got it!

gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #294
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
We need something familiar, but not so controversial.

I got it!

Kansas City fa**ots
Buy your parking pass with a shitload of dimes.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:15 PM   #295
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Sooo, you'll add "Smelly Poo Poo Heads" to the list once you get to post 244?

BTW - Z-men would be good, too bad it's sexist.
I'll consider it, but I think it's got too much room for confusion with the other AFC West teams.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #296
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrunner View Post
Kansas City Comets ☄️
I actually really like this one. It would be visually appealing, and also a sly homage to Mark Twain, whose birth and death coincided with the appearance of Halley's Comet.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #297
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrunner View Post
Kansas City Comets ☄️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I actually really like this one. It would be visually appealing, and also a sly homage to Mark Twain, whose birth and death coincided with the appearance of Halley's Comet.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #298
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Up through the current post we have these nominations. There are some good ones in here.

Arrowheads
Barbecuers
Beefs
Blues
Butchers
Camels
Cataclysm
Catastrophe
Catfish
Cavemen
Cavepeople
Chameleons
Champs
Champions
Ch efs
Chief Executive Officers
Choppers
Coelacanths
Coldwater Crayfish
Comets
Conestogas
Connoisseurs
Copperheads
Cottonmouths
Coyotes
Crimson
Crop Dusters
Crows
Destroyers
Ermines
Explorers
Fighting Banana Slugs
Fire Chiefs
Flatlanders
Football Club
Grays
Hammerheads
Hellbenders
Hellcats
Hitmen
Hunters
Jazz
Kangaroos
Kings
Knights
Midwesterners
Missourians
Monarchs
Murder Hornets
Outlaws
Pioneers
Pitch
Racers
Raging Storm
Redlegs
River Otters
Sauce
Saucers
Savages
Scourge
Scouts
Sizzle
Slabs
Smoke
Spirit
Storm
Tin Men
Tornadoes
Twisters
United
Wasps
Wolfpack
Wolves
Old 07-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #299
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Comets are the indoor soccer team in Kansas City. I'd rule that one out.
saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #300
MVP

I think we'll get away with keeping the Chiefs if they lose the chop, drum and headdresses. And Warpaint.

But also, just for kicks, imagine removing the yellow and replacing with purple. The shirts would be awesome.

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.