Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.

I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:12 PM   #301
Veteran

Team names that don't end with "s" should be unacceptable.
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #302
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnknts View Post
Comets are the indoor soccer team in Kansas City. I'd rule that one out.
Oh. I didn't know that.

How about if Clark buys them and shuts them down? Because that's a really good name. It belongs in the big leagues.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #303
Banned!

Discarded Parking Lot BBQs
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #304
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Hawks View Post
Team names that don't end with "s" should be unacceptable.
Agreed. Those euro trash soccer names are so meh

United
Sporting
Etc
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #305
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Agreed. Those euro trash soccer names are so meh

United
Sporting
Etc
I could approve a few names, such as Moose, but I agree in principle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #306
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I could approve a few names, such as Moose, but I agree in principle.
Many much moosen, in the woods-ess-en.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #307
Has a particular set of skills

Holy shit this is moving fast

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #308
MVP

CHEFS! There's no I in CHEFS!
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
CHEFS! There's no I in CHEFS!
I’m ready. Got my chefs gear ordered from China. Of course it will come back spelled Chiefs.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #310

At least Wolfpack has some history associated with the team.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #311
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I took a quick look at the Sandbox team name database, and added a few more. I'm shutting down the nominations now and this will be the field of candidates. The tournament will begin very soon.

Arrowheads
Barbecuers
Beefs
Blues
Butchers
Camels
Captains
Cataclysm
Catastrophe
Catfish
Cavemen
Cavepeople
Chameleons
Champs
Champions
Ch efs
Chief Executive Officers
Choppers
Coelacanths
Coldwater Crayfish
Comets
Conestogas
Connoisseurs
Continentals
Copperheads
Cosmos
Cottonmouths
Coyotes
Crawdads
Crickets
Crimson
Crop Dusters
Crows
Destroyers
Emerald Knights
Ermines
Explorers
Fighting Banana Slugs
Fire Chiefs
Flatlanders
Football Club
Grays
Hammerheads
Hellbenders
Hellcats
Hitmen
Hunters
Jazz
Kangaroos
Kings
Knights
Midwesterners
Missourians
Monarchs
Murder Hornets
Outlaws
Pioneers
Pitch
Racers
Raging Storm
Redlegs
River Kings
River Otters
Sauce
Saucers
Savages
Scourge
Scouts
Sizzle
Slabs
Smoke
Spirit
Storm
Tin Men
Tornadoes
Twisters
United
Wasps
Wolfpack
Wolves[/QUOTE]
Old 07-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #312
In Search of a Life

Kansas City Burnt ends
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #313
Veteran

If the Chiefs gets axed (no pun intended) I’m voting we change to the Kansas City Gypsies
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #314
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Holy shit this is moving fast

Cavers
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #315
In Mahomes I trust!

I do not believe this will happen, sorry. Chiefs is NOT a racial name/suggestion - it is actually a leader name in the Indian nation/culture. Redskins yes - SLANG - Chiefs, no. Not worried. Leaders of an Indian heritage! Oh, and Super Bowl 4 and LIV Champions baby!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.