Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
MVP

I just wished that Cap screamed Avengers Assemble!
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
World's Best Boss

Agree with everyone about Thanos.

We saw the Mad-Titan. An enemy who, without infinity stones, basically KO'd Thor, Iron Man, and Cap with Mjolner at the same time. It really gives you the sense for what the Russos meant when saying the Avengers on Titan would have been "disappointed in the outcome" if they managed to get the gauntlet off of Thanos in IW.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-21-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #4
Supporter

Finally saw it today (**** this spring with a bulldozer).

****ing amazing. Just Jesus ****ing Christ amazing. There are some problems, but my Christ what they managed to pull off.

I kind of agree with Professor Hulk quibbles. Especially in contrast with NO MORE STAIRS Hulk.

I have no issue with Time travel paradoxes that were created. Not a single **** was given.

FWIW, my WIFE of all people was like, "A little over the top with the woman power stuff?" I didn't care. I didn't even particularly notice.

As an aside though, this has retired a tremendous amount of star power, and frankly a ton of what draws me to the theater. I've said all along that Marvel has earned the rope to hang themselves with, but I don't see anyone except the GotG crew that really draws me in. We'll see, and I'll still watch, but damn Evans, RDJ, and Hemsworth were ****ing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
How many times did you tear up/cry during the movie? Black Widow got me wet eyed but Iron Man had them falling.
It wasn't the events, it was the reactions. The worst was, "Damn you, nat." and "Your dad liked cheeseburgers." FUUUUUUCK that hit hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
In August of 2009 they bought Marvel for $4B... and some people wondered if that was too much.

Just the 22 main MCU films have grossed $20B worldwide.

If I had some Pym particles, I'd go back to the 80s and buy as much Disney stock as I could afford.
Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.
That was because of the fallout between Disney and Pixar.....they were partners in several good animated features then had a falling out and Pixar split.

Then came the battle between Michael Eisner and Roy Disney that almost killed them.

Sad thing was....Michael Eisner probably saved Disney. From 1984 to 1997 he raised their revenues from $1.65B to $22B and took its market values from $2B to $67B.

But in the beginning of the 2000's saw the start of the fall....Their theme park attendance dipped post 9/11 and with a bad economy their TV holdings saw too much of a revenue drop.

But something else was a big factor in Disney's fall in that time period....first there was Frank Well's death in the helicopter crash in 1994. He was the President of Disney at the time.....after his death, Eisner would fire Jeffrey Katzenberg who was credited with the growth of Disney's animation boom during that time. Katzenberg then partnered with David Geffen and Steven Spielberg to create Dreamworks, which never really produced much of a threat to Disney.

But the big hit to Disney's bottom line was the lawsuit by Katzenberg whose contract was built by Frank Wells. Disney could have just settled it for $90MM but fought it and that move cost them $270MM, not counting the legal fees.

Add to that Eisner's hiring of Michael Ovitz to replace Katzenberg, which failed after about a year and a half. And that parting cost Disney $140MM.

Those are just the bigger issues that almost killed Disney.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #6
Hockey Town

Just to add to that last post, while Evans and RDJ are done, good chance Hemsworth is not.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #7
Most Valuable Villain

I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.
Ha ha ha. That's pretty cool.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:48 AM   #9
I'll be back.

happy cry

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #10
Supporter

Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.
Same with his reaction to Black widow sacrificing herself.

Damn you Nat.

****. That sticks with a guy.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #12
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

Damn you Nat.

That scene would have been better without the nonsensical back and forth that went on for way to long.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Damn you Nat.

That was the home run line of the movie, for me.

It's easily our two most 'human' characters with an incredibly long, intertwined history. And Jeremy Renner is just good; his look of pained resignation and the delivery on the line made it really hit home.

I've said it before - I have no empathy. So no, I didn't cry or whoop or anything during this movie, but that one line was a moment where I really could sense the pain in the character. I didn't get that anywhere else; the rest was just a comic book movie (good, bad or otherwise).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #14
Supporter

I actually fist pumped when Cap picked up the hammer. Kick ass.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #15
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I actually fist pumped when Cap picked up the hammer. Kick ass.
I've seen it twice and the theater went nuts when that happened both times. What a scene.

That entire climactic battle was nothing more than a comic book brought to life. Just amazing.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.