Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:36 PM   #1126
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Did you watch the trailer?
Yeah I did.

As much as I like Milioti it seems like it's a feature length Black Mirror episode.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:03 PM   #1127
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Yeah I did.

As much as I like Milioti it seems like it's a feature length Black Mirror episode.
Yeah, I wasn't so much advocating for the series itself as explaining the Ray Romano does Beyonce part.

The series could end up rocking, could suck. All I know is the trailer.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:58 PM   #1128
Banned

Today I finished watching The Making of the Mob. A great series with only 2 seasons unfortunately. The 1st is about Lucky Luciano and the 2nd about Al Capone. Both seasons are really gorgeous. It is a pity that the series is over
Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #1129
Banned!

Insanely late to the game here, but Schitt's Creek is delightful.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #1130
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Insanely late to the game here, but Schitt's Creek is delightful.
Watched the entire series a couple months ago. Really enjoyed it.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #1131
Supporter

Loved the Breeders snippet at the end of the most recent episode of Resident Alien, perfect for the scene and great song all around, of one of my heavy rotation discs for a long long time, . . . maybe too long.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:46 PM   #1132
MVP

This show is super under rated. My favorite show on right now.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:45 PM   #1133
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
This show is super under rated. My favorite show on right now.
It's the only thing that I've watched on Syfy in a number of years. I like it however some of the subplots are annoying and it can't seem to decide if it's going to be serious or not from week to week. Interestingly, the new doctor and the bartender were both on People of Earth, which was unfortunately cancelled after a couple of years. They've mentioned the reptilians however it's probably just an inside joke...
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:36 PM   #1134
Supporter

If you're the type who can't get enough of old school Boston corruption drama, City on a Hill is back for a 2nd season.

Kevin Bacon starring and directing.

Sundays on SHO.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:10 AM   #1135
Cheat Death

Started The Serpent on Netflix last night. 2 episodes in and its very well done. Based on real life events of a conman and murderer in Asia during the 70s.

Its HBO series great in capturing the time period with wardrobe, style, etc. and Jenna Coleman is balls emptying hot.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #1136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Started The Serpent on Netflix last night. 2 episodes in and its very well done. Based on real life events of a conman and murderer in Asia during the 70s.

Its HBO series great in capturing the time period with wardrobe, style, etc. and Jenna Coleman is balls emptying hot.
Well said but a picture of this spinner is worth a 1000 words.

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #1137
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Anybody watching Made For Love on HBO? I'm liking it so far through the first three episodes. Based on a popular book, I guess. Ray Romano plays a really good supporting role.

vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:40 AM   #1138
Cheat Death

Quote:

Finished this last night and its superb all the way through.

Really enjoyed the way it was filmed and scored. There were times where I found myself tuning out the dialog and just watched the characters and scenery it was that good. Felt high end movie quality for an 8 episode series.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:48 AM   #1139
Supporter

Quote:
Finished this last night and its superb all the way through.

Really enjoyed the way it was filmed and scored. There were times where I found myself tuning out the dialog and just watched the characters and scenery it was that good. Felt high end movie quality for an 8 episode series.
Thanks for that, I recall seeing the trailer a while back and having some hopes for it, but it's getting hard to tell with the volume of content being put out.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:25 AM   #1140
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Thanks for that, I recall seeing the trailer a while back and having some hopes for it, but it's getting hard to tell with the volume of content being put out.
That may attribute some to my level of joy as I hadn't previously heard of it and didn't feel like scrolling. So when it was queued after the app opened I just hit play with zero expectations.

The story is interesting enough to carry it alone, but feel the attention to details throughout is what boosted the quality of it.