Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2024, 02:00 PM  
MVP

Free Agents

Ok, ok, I know this is the draft section but I prefer to think of this as the Chief's offseason plans forum. ESPN posted their best fit destinations for the top 75 Free Agents and I thought it would make for interesting conversation here.

ESPN's suggested "best fits" for the Chiefs in Free Agency:

1. Chris Jones, DT
Best team fit: Kansas City Chiefs

A staple of the Chiefs' defensive front, I could see Jones returning to Kansas City on a multiyear deal despite Kansas City's tight cap space. Jones is a game-wrecking talent, with the pass rush versatility to rush inside or outside in defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo's system. He had 10.5 sacks this season and made an impact in critical moments in the Super Bowl.

11. L'Jarius Sneed, CB
Best team fit: Philadelphia Eagles (Not Chiefs, but relative)

With his scheme-versatile coverage skills, Sneed will generate a ton of interest on the free agent market. Look for Atlanta and Las Vegas to make a play here, too. But I have Sneed landing in Philadelphia to upgrade the position opposite Darius Slay, with Vic Fangio now calling the defense for the Birds. Philly allowed 16 passing touchdowns in the second half of last season, tied for the fourth most in the NFL. The Eagles have to clean up the secondary, and Sneed can make an impact. He has at least two interceptions in each of his four career seasons with the Chiefs.

20. Tyron Smith, OT

The availability concerns for Smith are real; he has missed 33 games over the past four seasons with the Cowboys. But when healthy, Smith is a detailed technician with the physical demeanor to win on the edge. And he would absolutely upgrade the left tackle position for the Chiefs, limiting pass-rushers and keeping the throwing platform clean for quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

49. Austin Ekeler, RB

With Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jerick McKinnon heading to free agency, the Chiefs could sign Ekeler on a short-term deal to work in rotation with Isiah Pacheco. He would give coach Andy Reid a pass-game threat out of 21 personnel with the ability to flex from the backfield. Ekeler caught 51 passes last season with the Chargers and has 440 receptions in his career. Re-signing with the Chargers or joining the Raiders would also be good fits.

Let's use this to kickstart a thread about our preferred Free Agents, who you got?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:58 AM   #31
Veteran

I don't like Mooney, got to be honest. I'd prefer Samuel or Brown at that price
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM   #32
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I don't like Mooney, got to be honest. I'd prefer Samuel or Brown at that price
I love Samuel. Would be happy with him too but then you have Samuel and Rice would need to find ways to make it work while Mooney or Hollywood are more naturally complimentary.

I would not be against Samuel though, great player at what he does.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:05 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
What do you think Ekeler would accept per yr to play for the Chiefs? How much of a SB discount would he accept at 28?
$6m
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:36 PM   #34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Let's play Madden pretend land for a minute... entertain me...

So the Vikings need to retain Kirk Cousins and re-sign some defensive pieces if they want to contend for the next few years. After Jordan Addison popped off for nearly 1k as a rookie, let's just say they are willing to entertain the idea of trading Justin Jefferson. Since they would be trading us and our picks are lower than Miami's were when we trade Hill, and he's probably more valuable than Tyreek Hill, let's say the trade needs to be this:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

It's alot but it's for a guy that just might be the best WR in the game.

Keep in mind you aren't likely to be retaining Sneed either. Would you do it to go all-in on a Super Bowl?
Maybe I am my own but I am just not excited about this kind of idea. One elite WR does not move the needle for me. The Chiefs had a single elite WR in Tyreek (paired with a younger Kelce) and went 1-3 in attempts to win the Superbowl from 2018 - 2021.

I just prefer balance, especially with how this WR class looks.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:43 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Maybe I am my own but I am just not excited about this kind of idea. One elite WR does not move the needle for me. The Chiefs had a single elite WR in Tyreek (paired with a younger Kelce) and went 1-3 in attempts to win the Superbowl from 2018 - 2021.

I just prefer balance, especially with how this WR class looks.
BUT we also have Rice now, AND we can take a higher quality WR than typical at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd considering we have very few holes on our SB roster.

If there's ever a time to make a splash and go for broke, it's now!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:52 PM   #36
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
BUT we also have Rice now, AND we can take a higher quality WR than typical at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd considering we have very few holes on our SB roster.

If there's ever a time to make a splash and go for broke, it's now!
We had Sammy Watkins, and a younger/healthier Kelce. Plus in the example I quoted, we don't have a 1st round pick any more.

People are horny for a number 1 receiver and I get it, but the suggestions are just taking us back to where we were before, having a #1 is not some way the Chiefs are going to break the league. They got held to 3 points by the Titans with Tyreek and Kelce on the field in 2021.

I agree with you about the draft, which is why I would not trade our #1 pick this year.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:08 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
We had Sammy Watkins, and a younger/healthier Kelce. Plus in the example I quoted, we don't have a 1st round pick any more.

People are horny for a number 1 receiver and I get it, but the suggestions are just taking us back to where we were before, having a #1 is not some way the Chiefs are going to break the league. They got held to 3 points by the Titans with Tyreek and Kelce on the field in 2021.

I agree with you about the draft, which is why I would not trade our #1 pick this year.
I think the difference for me is that we have significantly more cap flexibility now, the cap is going up more and more every season and veach is a creative contract wizard, as well as incentive to go for broke considering we'd be the first 3-peat in the modern era.

Roster is A+ we just need a cherry on top!
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:57 PM   #38
Andy Reid Supporter

Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:31 PM   #39
Andy Reid Supporter

Holy shit this is pretty damning.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:26 PM   #40
MVP

MSN:

18. Chiefs: OT Tyron Smith
The Chiefs took a one-year flyer on Donovan Smith at left tackle in 2023, and it worked just well enough. Smith is far more talented, even with an injury history, and makes sense as another stopgap blind-side protector for Patrick Mahomes.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:34 PM   #41
MVP

MSN:

18. Chiefs: OT Tyron Smith
The Chiefs took a one-year flyer on Donovan Smith at left tackle in 2023, and it worked just well enough. Smith is far more talented, even with an injury history, and makes sense as another stopgap blind-side protector for Patrick Mahomes.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:53 AM   #42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.
I feel like I might be stealing someone else's suggestion, but Mooney getting the Juju contract would be great. 1 year deal, 4m plus incentives that could be 10m total
Old 02-24-2024, 10:23 AM   #43
In Search of a Life

Tyron is really good he’s just hurt a lot and he’s old
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:54 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Tyron is really good he’s just hurt a lot and he’s old
So... we only need him to play 1 partial year, Morris has proved he can fill in.

Get Tyron healthy for playoffs and SB run.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-24-2024 at 12:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2024, 11:59 AM   #45
MVP

Ogbah is cut by the dolphins. Bring him in for the right price to bridge the gap while we wait for CO?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.