Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2024, 09:59 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

FSU DT Brandon Fiske

Anyone checked him out? Transfer from Western Michigan to FSU. Listed at 6'5" 300 lbs and looks really athletic. 12 sacks the last 2 seasons. Dominated at WMU and had a really nice year at FSU this year.

Could be a really nice prospect to replace Chris Jones if he leaves. He's older (5th year Senior) actually turns 24 tomorrow but that isn't a bad thing.

His age and only 1 year of starting for a power 5 could put him in range for us in the 1st.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:06 AM   #16
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - Fiske ain't a first rounder. In part for the reasons he 'might be available for us in the 1st' in the OP.

I do think we'd probably have to take him in the 2nd if we wanted him. Or engineer a trade-up in the 3rd. But I don't think we have the draft capital for that sort of thing.

Was it Dane Brugler that had us taking Newton out of Illinois? Because I could see a scenario where I'm on board with that. The draft has the possibility of going like it did last year when there really just was a big ol' pile of equal talent sitting there - none of it really 1st round caliber.

In that case, Newton could very easily be the best raw talent on the board. And there's almost certainly going to be a need there. Feels like he could easily be Ed Oliver here.
It's very early and I haven't dived into anything draft related outside of WR (for obvious reasons) but yes he's not a first rd pick. Probably an early-mid 3rd. He seems really good though n tape. Size, speed, decent strength
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:52 AM   #17
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I feel like I'm warming to Fiske in the 2nd.

I could talk myself into OT in the first, Fiske in the 2nd, WR in the 3rd (though we're probably past the pocket of immediate contributors at WR at the back of the 3rd so I may have to pivot to TE or IOL here).

That said, I don't think he's on Veach's radar in the 2nd. I just don't see him taking a 24 yr old prospect that early.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:45 PM   #18
Andy Reid Supporter

Just ran a 4.78 40 at 6’4 292 lbs. Elite vertical and broad jump as well

I know he’s 24 but goddamn does it look like this guy is gonna be good

Last edited by RunKC; 02-29-2024 at 03:39 PM..
Old 02-29-2024, 03:46 PM   #19
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I feel like I'm warming to Fiske in the 2nd.

I could talk myself into OT in the first, Fiske in the 2nd, WR in the 3rd (though we're probably past the pocket of immediate contributors at WR at the back of the 3rd so I may have to pivot to TE or IOL here).

That said, I don't think he's on Veach's radar in the 2nd. I just don't see him taking a 24 yr old prospect that early.
Especially not one with t-rex arms.

But Maason Smith, though...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:01 PM   #20
MVP

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:11 PM   #21

RAS is reeruned.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:23 PM   #22
Veteran

Yeah he looked ridiculously quick. I liked him as a 3rd round guy, doesn't seem likely now.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:45 PM   #23
MVP

The real question is, do I care how fast a DT ran at the Underwear Olympics? No, not really. It's flashy, it's nice. What I care about though is if he beats guys on tape because he sure as **** isn't running a 40 against the fatass across from him is he? Fiske's worst trait is what will get him punished in the NFL, and that's immediately exposing his chest to the offensive lineman. He has everything else you want though, quickness off the ball, closing burst, decent hand usage (needs improvement too) if he can figure that component out.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The real question is, do I care how fast a DT ran at the Underwear Olympics? No, not really. It's flashy, it's nice. What I care about though is if he beats guys on tape because he sure as **** isn't running a 40 against the fatass across from him is he? Fiske's worst trait is what will get him punished in the NFL, and that's immediately exposing his chest to the offensive lineman. He has everything else you want though, quickness off the ball, closing burst, decent hand usage (needs improvement too) if he can figure that component out.
I'll say this - Chris Jones torched my ass for a take substantially similar to this coming into the draft.

I thought he played with his pads too high. A TON. He was always coming upright out of his stance and I thought that would kill him at the next level.

It...did not.

So these days I'm a little wary about seeing a DT w/ a good motor and good measurables who has iffy technique and saying "Eh, can't translate at the next level..."

Because that's how we ended up getting a HoF caliber player in the mid 2nd.

(Then again "I can fix him!" has gotten as many coaches/executives fired as it's gotten girlfriends beaten up. So there's also that to consider)
Old 02-29-2024, 06:07 PM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I think they should do something different for OL and DL... something like timing their get off from a 3-point stance and lb for lb impact on the sled. I'd imagine that would be endlessly more appropriate, you could average out of 4 to represent a full series. But I'd also argue that at OL or DL there's a wider margin allowing for a guy to potentially stand out by running if he feels he's athletic enough to impress.

It's an interesting debate I think.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:29 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
I'll say this - Chris Jones torched my ass for a take substantially similar to this coming into the draft.

I thought he played with his pads too high. A TON. He was always coming upright out of his stance and I thought that would kill him at the next level.

It...did not.

So these days I'm a little wary about seeing a DT w/ a good motor and good measurables who has iffy technique and saying "Eh, can't translate at the next level..."

Because that's how we ended up getting a HoF caliber player in the mid 2nd.

(Then again "I can fix him!" has gotten as many coaches/executives fired as it's gotten girlfriends beaten up. So there's also that to consider)
Oh, I'm absolutely not saying Fiske won't translate. He's going to be a good player IMO but he has one major flaw to clean up. Chris Jones did that with hand usage. His two-arm club over is a thing of absolute beauty. Fiske could be great once he learns to use his hands like Chris, even if he never fixes putting his chest in their wheelhouse. Now if he didn't have the athleticism, it would definitely be a bigger issue than just using his hands. So really, I want to know how coachable Fiske is and how well he learns, those are the questions I want. You could see the athleticism on tape, we didn't need underwear to prove it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:53 PM   #27
Andy Reid Supporter

Old 02-29-2024, 07:56 PM   #28
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Oh, I'm absolutely not saying Fiske won't translate. He's going to be a good player IMO but he has one major flaw to clean up. Chris Jones did that with hand usage. His two-arm club over is a thing of absolute beauty. Fiske could be great once he learns to use his hands like Chris, even if he never fixes putting his chest in their wheelhouse. Now if he didn't have the athleticism, it would definitely be a bigger issue than just using his hands. So really, I want to know how coachable Fiske is and how well he learns, those are the questions I want. You could see the athleticism on tape, we didn't need underwear to prove it.
For what it's worth he did a small interview at the end of the combine with One of the NFL networks broadcasters, and the kid seemed really humble in a genuine way. I love his tape, though the kid is a true football player regardless of what he needs to work on, and that will come in time. This kid loves football. You can tell by the way he plays.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:10 PM   #29
Andy Reid Supporter

Fiske is a bigger Calijah Kancey to me. And Kancey was really good last year. Hurt his calf and wasn’t able to be healthy until week 6 but then put up 4 sacks in 12 games and set a record for most pressures in a game by a rookie in 5 years.

These guys are just way too fast for OL man. Especially G’s.

I get that he’s 24 and has short arms (Lancet’s were shorter), but man this guy would kick ass here.

He’s gonna be really good
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 08:40 PM   #30
MVP

Nice day for Fiske, standout athlete!

Robinson was the slowest of all DEs, but would have been a high performer if he'd gone with the DTs.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.