Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:52 PM   #106
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
I'll take 2!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:20 PM   #107
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I really like Legette. Would love to have a DK Metcalf type in KC. kelce, Legette, Rice is a pretty tough trio to defend over the middle.
He is too much of a long strider. Not twitchy in his route running. I wouldn’t hate the pick but he wouldn’t be my first pick for where we pick. I like Worthy and Franklin better

Last edited by Palangi; 11-09-2023 at 09:14 PM..
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM   #108
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Those twitchy fellas, most of the time, end up injury-riddled in the NFL. I try not to get too caught up with it.

I never seem to learn my lesson with linear speed though, for whatever reason.

Acceleration, enough agility to create crisp route breaks, and hands... that seems to always be a winning combination. I'll be damned if I don't lose sight of it constantly though. Precisely the reason I think Emeka Egbuka is going to be an absolute stud but can he get within our range to move up...
I have to agree after seeing this...

Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-09-2023, 01:18 PM   #109
MVP

Feels like it might be the following guys within range our our 1st - 2nd picks:

Egbuka
Koleman
Worthy
Legette
Mitchell
Franklin
J. Wilson
Polk
Corley
R. Wilson

Who are these guys pro-comparisons?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 11-09-2023 at 01:31 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-09-2023, 01:42 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Those twitchy fellas, most of the time, end up injury-riddled in the NFL. I try not to get too caught up with it.

Acceleration, enough agility to create crisp route breaks, and hands... that seems to always be a winning combination. I'll be damned if I don't lose sight of it constantly though. Precisely the reason I think Emeka Egbuka is going to be an absolute stud but can he get within our range to move up...
It's football. Any one can be oft-injured. I certainly wouldn't let that hesitate me evaluating what we see in videos or let myself come to some medical nexus without a proper medical exam. We can only watch videos which don't allow us to come to that type of nexus on his health. That would be silly to even try to make that assumption. His skillset is unique enough to warrant an evaluation from us here at CP without making an assumption of a medical nexus.

I like Egbuka, maybe not as much as you. We probably won't have a chance for him though. Never know he may test poorly and drop to the lower 1st. I'm not sure we have the draft capital to move up.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:46 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:

Tank looking pretty solid this year, glad for him.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:46 PM   #112
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
It's football. Any one can be oft-injured. I certainly wouldn't let that hesitate me evaluating what we see in videos or let myself come to some medical nexus without a proper medical exam. We can only watch videos which don't allow us to come to that type of nexus on his health. That would be silly to even try to make that assumption. His skillset is unique enough to warrant an evaluation from us here at CP without making an assumption of a medical nexus.

I like Egbuka, maybe not as much as you. We probably won't have a chance for him though. Never know he may test poorly and drop to the lower 1st. I'm not sure we have the draft capital to move up.
Using a word like nexus, you should understand then that type II muscle fibers are more prone to fatigue than type I. The twitchier athletes tend to have a higher concentration of type II fibers. Muscle fatigue makes an athlete more susceptible to injuries because those fibers cannot reach the same level of stretch/elasticity that they had when not fatigued. So yes, there is an absolute "medical nexus."

That said, I'm not saying you dismiss a player because of it. I am saying you shouldn't put a premium on an overly twitchy player. It does make for fun highlight videos though.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:56 PM   #113
MVP

Our "twitchy" guy Toney is always hurt.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:34 PM   #114
Threepeat!

Quote:
Feels like it might be the following guys within range our our 1st - 2nd picks:

Egbuka
Koleman
Worthy
Legette
Mitchell
Franklin
J. Wilson
Polk
Corley
R. Wilson

Who are these guys pro-comparisons?
Chiefs will draft Troy Franklin in the first round. Even if they have to move up a few spots. Pro comparison: Calvin Ridley.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:50 AM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Using a word like nexus, you should understand then that type II muscle fibers are more prone to fatigue than type I. The twitchier athletes tend to have a higher concentration of type II fibers. Muscle fatigue makes an athlete more susceptible to injuries because those fibers cannot reach the same level of stretch/elasticity that they had when not fatigued. So yes, there is an absolute "medical nexus."

That said, I'm not saying you dismiss a player because of it. I am saying you shouldn't put a premium on an overly twitchy player. It does make for fun highlight videos though.
Then you should know that type 2 muscle fibers are predominantly in the arms and chest, and type 1 muscle fibers are predominantly in the legs, spine and neck. Unless you are suggesting he will be running on his hands I'm still not sure how you have come to a medical opinion that he will be an injury problem. It's not like he doesn't have all his knee ligaments or anything.

Who is putting on a premium? Last I looked the guy is a day 3, round 5-7 guy. You talk about a top 15-20 guy we more than likely won't have a chance in hell of getting as some sort of barometer. I am just trying to put a guy out there that we might actually have a chance to draft. We have only what, 8 picks this year? Unless someone is traded and some draft capital is gained, I wouldn't expect any trading up imo.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:57 AM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Our "twitchy" guy Toney is always hurt.
So you're saying there is a need then?
Old 11-10-2023, 06:32 AM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
Then you should know that type 2 muscle fibers are predominantly in the arms and chest, and type 1 muscle fibers are predominantly in the legs, spine and neck. Unless you are suggesting he will be running on his hands I'm still not sure how you have come to a medical opinion that he will be an injury problem. It's not like he doesn't have all his knee ligaments or anything.

Who is putting on a premium? Last I looked the guy is a day 3, round 5-7 guy. You talk about a top 15-20 guy we more than likely won't have a chance in hell of getting as some sort of barometer. I am just trying to put a guy out there that we might actually have a chance to draft. We have only what, 8 picks this year? Unless someone is traded and some draft capital is gained, I wouldn't expect any trading up imo.
Not especially true, and especially in the context of training. It has been shown that specific athletic training changes muscle fiber structure and the amount of fibers depending on the type. Slow resistance training will increase IIa fibers, fast resistance will increase IIx, sprinting will increase IIx, and endurance will increase I, etc.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Not especially true, and especially in the context of training. It has been shown that specific athletic training changes muscle fiber structure and the amount of fibers depending on the type. Slow resistance training will increase IIa fibers, fast resistance will increase IIx, sprinting will increase IIx, and endurance will increase I, etc.
Thank you for your medical opinion. You're assumption is that players with a skillset that makes sharp cuts and change of direction is more prone to injury. Of course that a generalization, rather than based on any individual player. At least it didn't stop you last year from liking Tyjae Spears who has that same ability, with a missing knee ligament no less.

I'm however going to refrain on making those type of conclusions on players I can't ever be privy to a medical exam on.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:36 AM   #119
In Search of a Life

I'm over the "twitchy" or this or that.

They need a big time outside WR. Be that whoever it is.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 11:29 AM   #120
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm over the "twitchy" or this or that.

They need a big time outside WR. Be that whoever it is.
Michael Thomas coming out of Ohio State was the first time I recall seeing a guy in the draft I just thought was 'smooth' and couldn't figure out why so many people were sleeping on him.

He just didn't lose anything in and out of his cuts. Had good size (not huge, not small) and just did things gracefully. THAT'S what I want this year. Well that or just hot, nasty, badass speed.

But yeah, at this point 'fast in a phonebooth' is a bonus more than something I'm looking at first.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.