Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Are police dramas dead?
Yes 8 53.33%
No 5 33.33%
I'm a grown man and I like children's movies 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2022, 09:04 PM  
Future NBA Finals MVP

Are police dramas dead?

Are police dramas dead? I feel like they are going the way of the Western. Police are hated so much now in our society - I realize not by everyone - and grown men seem to like children's movies now about superhero instead of watching awesome cop dramas like Heat, The Departed, Fargo, The Fugitive, Die Hard, Traffic just to name a few.

Now it is just superhero movies in their place.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:08 PM   #2
www.nfl-forecast.com

Check out Bosch if you have not already seen it. Seven binge worthy seasons.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:25 PM   #3
I'll be back.

god i hope so

worst form of entertainment
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:58 AM   #4
Veteran

The butthurt over superhero movies is so dumb. They're an effect, not a cause. Everybody has a mini theater screen in their living room, so the only thing people will pay to see on the big screen is spectacle. You could ban superhero movies tomorrow and all you'd accomplish is killing the theater industry.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:03 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

Now it is just superhero movies in their place.
No it's not. They just get the publicity because of the cost to produce, cast, MARKET and marketing, and all that shit.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #6
Politically Incorrect

Hill Street Blues was one of the greatest ever
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:25 AM   #7
Hello

The portrayal of cops in movies is a big reason why police are hated. They consistently portray cops are corrupt, murdering, angry, rule breaking, terrible people. Rarely anymore are cops these big heroes. At least from the few series I watched.

NCIS with Gibbs was good though. I enjoyed that series.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:26 AM   #8
Hello

btw, that LIVE PD show was great. Real cops, real situations, showed you how terrible people were to cops in general.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:39 AM   #9
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
btw, that LIVE PD show was great. Real cops, real situations, showed you how terrible people were to cops in general.
Yep. I think they brought it back on Fox Nation, Fox's pay service. Too bad it went away, that was some really good TV.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:01 AM   #10
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
The portrayal of cops in movies is a big reason why police are hated. They consistently portray cops are corrupt, murdering, angry, rule breaking, terrible people. Rarely anymore are cops these big heroes. At least from the few series I watched.

NCIS with Gibbs was good though. I enjoyed that series.
The only network TV show I still watch is Blue Bloods. Great show with a great cast, pretty consistently well done.

I finally gave up on NCIS last season. The whole Gibbs shitcanning his career over a ****ing dog thing, plus Fornell basically turning into Jar Jar Binks finally sealed it. Also, absolutely HATE the bitch who replaced Abby, never liked Jimmy, never liked Vance, and sorry, but I don't care how much of a badass they make Torres, when I see him, I still think Fes from That 70s Show. Bishop was no Ziva, but at least she was pretty and interesting. And while I don't dislike McGee, he's as bland as glass of milk and shouldn't be anything more than a supporting character. He swims in Dinozzo's shoes.

The reruns from the earlier seasons are so much better. Hell, I even prefer Kate to Ziva. Too bad Kate wasn't on the show longer. Jenny was great as the director. Too bad she wasn't on the show longer as well.

I guess Katrina Law has replaced Ted McGinley as the patron saint of shark jumping.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:31 AM   #11
Supporter

Wait. What? NCIS is still on? What?

Second cox's rec. Bosch is outstanding cop stuff. I don't much care the genre, just tell a good story.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #12
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Wait. What? NCIS is still on? What?

Second cox's rec. Bosch is outstanding cop stuff. I don't much care the genre, just tell a good story.
The wife still watches it. They brought in Gary Cole to replace Harmon as team leader, although Harmon is still shown in the opening credits for some reason.

I watched one episode while eating dinner recently. It was silly, but actually much better than the shitshow last season devolved into. I've always liked Cole as well. But I still have no intention of regularly watching it again.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:05 AM   #13
MVP

What? Law and Order SVU is still going like 50 seasons strong. Should it be watched? Based on what I've heard passing by the TV while.my wife does, that's a no.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:18 AM   #14
Forever Royal

There are like twenty different shows titled with FBI or CSI. Plenty of it out there. Movies are just bigger and bigger so that genre isn’t made as much for the big screen.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #15
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
god i hope so

worst form of entertainment
Do you think they will ever make an Ambiguously Gay Duo superhero movie? Can we get your thoughts on this subject matter?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.