Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM  
Damn it feels good.

Have you ever used a personal trainer?

Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #166
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
workout shorts?

Are we supposed to be like the old people that show up and lift in slacks and a button down shirt?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:05 AM   #167
Would an idiot do that?

They can double as hot tub shorts if you don’t like taking a bath with your workout buddy.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:08 AM   #168
Mod Team

Quote:
workout shorts?

Do you wear leggings to workout?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:11 AM   #169
Respect the hyphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
From my experience, I don't know if I just wasn't "cute" enough or if they just figured I wasn't intimidated, but the guys in the weight section never bothered me. It was actually the guys who spent more time on the resistance machines or treadmills that creeped me out. One time, I didn't think I was going to survive the row machine because the dude on the one next me stunk of cologne. GAG!

Rule of thumb for guys who go to the gym to hit on women: Yes, there are women who go to the gym to be eye candy. However, if you see a woman counting reps or working up a sweat, leave her alone. She's there to accomplish something, and it's not to land a date.
I'll have you know I have literally never once hit on a girl in the gym!

In general, people who treat the gym like a social scene annoy me anyway. I'm there to get my workout in and take my ass home.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #170
Respect the hyphen

There's this old retired dude who has been bugging me at the gym over the last few months. He'll catch me any-****ing-where and just start talking to me, sometimes for 5-10 minutes.

I know he means well and I'm sure he's just bored, but ****!
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:14 AM   #171
MVP

I've always wanted to date a personal trainer but I only pick up girls in fast food places.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #172
Respect the hyphen

Regarding hitting on girls: I actually had front row seats to how cringy that whole ordeal can be when I was 18 or 19 so I learned early. There was this chick who was lifting weights and she looked really good. I remember thinking she was a hot cougar but in retrospect she was prob like 36 lol

Anyway, there were a couple guys who were trying to chat her up. She ended up putting in her headphones like mid-conversation and got to work. I thought that was so boss. Just like "**** you, I've got work to do and I'm not gonna **** you, byeeeeee". One of the dudes kept trying to talk to her too. Eventually the other guy took the hint and tells the other guy "She's not listening to you, dude" and they all kinda went their separate ways.

But man, that was a cringy exchange.

I also don't give chicks advice unless they ask me for it. That's another gym faux pas I've seen unfold first hand.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:19 AM   #173
Respect the hyphen

Stevie only works out in his full-on Elvis regalia lol
Old 05-18-2022, 09:35 AM   #174
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
says the guy who wears yoga pants.

Being "Elvis" still pwns you?

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #175
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Do you wear leggings to workout?
Sweat pants.

I'm not worried about fashion when I work out.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #176
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

He helps out the retired folks at the senior center. It's a good thing he's doing. These people need to get up, move, and socialize.

loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #177
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Sweat pants.

I'm not worried about fashion when I work out.

We aren't either. If you read the conversation, you'll see that we focused on the comfort and utility of the shorts.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #178
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Are we supposed to be like the old people that show up and lift in slacks and a button down shirt?
you don't know what old is., you just think you do.

An old army buddy of mine just turned pro last year after winning his age group.

At 59.

i highly dount there are many people here in as good as shape.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:40 AM   #179
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
we focused on the comfort and utility of the shorts.
Old 05-18-2022, 09:40 AM   #180
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
you don't know what old is., you just think you do.

An old army buddy of mine just turned pro last year after winning his age group.

At 59.

i highly dount there are many people here in as good as shape.

I know what old is. Those people are old. Maybe 75-80. The ladies in particular always wear slacks and a blouse. I didn't say YOU are old. Quit trying to be offended.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote