Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #2431
MVP

I am shopping for a new Battery for my 2001 Concours.

Anyone have info on deals for quality batteries

I doubt I can go lithium but want something that doesn't die at month 19
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:51 PM   #2432
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post

I went lithium recently.

Never goin back~

got a shorai 540cca lithium and a charger for about 300 bucks from revzilla
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:55 PM   #2433
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
I went lithium recently.

Never goin back~

got a shorai 540cca lithium and a charger for about 300 bucks from revzilla
Having a hard time spending $300+ on a 20 YO $2k bike, even thought it just has 16K miles, just to have a $300 repair pop up.

When My Connie 14 needs a battery, which may be soon, I will consider the Lion battery.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #2434
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

We put about 160 miles on the bikes today. A little windy, well very windy, but it was AWESOME... I've has a few short runs over the past week or two, but today knocked off the rust.

A good day and great friends.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:36 PM   #2435
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
We put about 160 miles on the bikes today. A little windy, well very windy, but it was AWESOME... I've has a few short runs over the past week or two, but today knocked off the rust.

A good day and great friends.
Ya, wind was pretty tough today. Finally mounted my highway pegs so I was enjoying cruising on the county roads. Really comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1Amen.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	122149  
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:45 PM   #2436
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Ya, wind was pretty tough today. Finally mounted my highway pegs so I was enjoying cruising on the county roads. Really comfortable.
Awesome. I can definitely see you on that. It's the style I'd have. But I'd look ridiculous on it.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:17 AM   #2437
Supporter

Quote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a 1992 VMax and bought this battery 2 years ago. When it got to -16 degrees last month, I decided to see just how good the CCAs were in it. It started the bike in about 1.5 seconds.
rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.rockymtnchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #2438

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief View Post

I have a 1992 VMax and bought this battery 2 years ago. When it got to -16 degrees last month, I decided to see just how good the CCAs were in it. It started the bike in about 1.5 seconds.
At the recommendation of a friend, I used this outfit for my battery last year, and so far so good.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-mtx-30...l-battery.html
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #2439
MVP

The application catalog does not mention my bike, waiting to hear back from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief View Post

Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #2440
MVP

What battery did you buy? The mega crank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
At the recommendation of a friend, I used this outfit for my battery last year, and so far so good.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-mtx-30...l-battery.html
Old 03-09-2021, 10:18 PM   #2441

Quote:
What battery did you buy? The mega crank?
Yes.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #2442
MVP

I bought the last one of these that they had.

Old hack from Concours' board.

https://www.apexbattery.com/apex-bat...h-battery.html
Old 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #2443
Supporter

A few days after my last post I went with my wife to sit on some bikes to see what she fit, and ended up trading my extra softail for a 2017 Sportster 883 for her. Its rejuvenated my will to ride a bit and now two weekends in a row its been nice enough to get a little therapy on two wheels~ I have put more miles on my springer in the last two weeks than I did my FI softail in the 2 prior years.

Anybody else get out ?
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #2444
MVP

I’ve been out in a windy blustery weekend on my 1000 Connie I have been working on house before it goes up for sale and my legs my hurt but after riding, my back always feels better. It’s a 2001 and just turned over 17K miles
Old 03-28-2021, 07:22 PM   #2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
A few days after my last post I went with my wife to sit on some bikes to see what she fit, and ended up trading my extra softail for a 2017 Sportster 883 for her. Its rejuvenated my will to ride a bit and now two weekends in a row its been nice enough to get a little therapy on two wheels~ I have put more miles on my springer in the last two weeks than I did my FI softail in the 2 prior years.

Anybody else get out ?
I got out to straighten the mind today. Only an hour, but it was much needed.