Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #2401
best in the biz

bump
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #2402
best in the biz

First Build.
72 Amen Savior frame.
78 Honda CB750F Super Sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200826_175148254.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	121054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200821_135238937.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	121055  
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #2403
Resident Glue Sniffer

Dem carbs tho.

****ing sweet dude. Thing probably sounds awesome. Probably wicked acceleration.

Cool King/queen seat.

Well done. How long did it take you?
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #2404
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Dem carbs tho.

****ing sweet dude. Thing probably sounds awesome. Probably wicked acceleration.

Cool King/queen seat.

Well done. How long did it take you?
Thanks!

42 mm PD carbs..it sounds like a hot rod...I put in 4 inch baffles for back pressure, but it didn't kill the sound.

It's really quick.

Took me about six months. Just got her registered. Everything is new, from the ignition system to the cables to the chain and sprockets. Seat came with the bike.

We gotta ride, man.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #2405
Resident Glue Sniffer

Hell yeah dude. Hit me up anytime., riding to Arkansas for four days on the 25th of sept, but other than that, I’m usually around/down to ride.

I’m imagining how nasty good that bike sounds. Lol.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #2406
MVP

loos nice.

Reworking a 750 Magna now.

Hope is is as nice as this when done

I ride a Connie daily
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:02 PM   #2407
Resident Glue Sniffer

Magna v4. Those were fun. I rode one once, but it was a pice of shit. Not the make or model....but how it was maintined by a friend of mine...which was zero maint.Lol. I bet riding a proper one would be fun.

Speaking of v4’s..A guy I ride with who up until recently rode Ultras and Street glides, Can’t ride two up anymore ,and can’t do long weekend trips pretty much anymore. So he’s more of a solo day rider /quick ride type guy now.

So he sold off his bikes, and got I think a 2019 Vmax.

He said he bought it, and it was being shipped. I was like “dude, that bike is unreal with power., and totally different than any bike you’ve ridden ...you up for it”.? He literally said “yeah, it’s just a little sporty cruiser. That’s what the sales guy on the phone said”

He’s had it about four months. First weekend he took it out, he told me he was selling it. He had never been on something like that and was just stupid fast. Told him to give it a bit. Now he absolutely loves it. As a 60yr old, 30yr Harley guy. We all went for a ride to Cassoday earlier this month and he
was more than Than happy to ride the shit out of it. Even getting some pretty good lean in corners.

Being a Harley guy for so long, it was hilarious when he said “man, it’s so fun in the corners.”....as though that was never a concept to him on his HD. Just hilarious seeing a 60yr old have the smile of a 20 yr old about a bike.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:08 PM   #2408
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Magna v4. Those were fun. I rode one once, but it was a pice of shit. Not the make or model....but how it was maintined by a friend of mine...which was zero maint.Lol. I bet riding a proper one would be fun.

Speaking of v4’s..A guy I ride with who up until recently rode Ultras and Street glides, Can’t ride two up anymore ,and can’t do long weekend trips pretty much anymore. So he’s more of a solo day rider /quick ride type guy now.

So he sold off his bikes, and got I think a 2019 Vmax.

He said he bought it, and it was being shipped. I was like “dude, that bike is unreal with power., and totally different than any bike you’ve ridden ...you up for it”.? He literally said “yeah, it’s just a little sporty cruiser. That’s what the sales guy on the phone said”

He’s had it about four months. First weekend he took it out, he told me he was selling it. He had never been on something like that and was just stupid fast. Told him to give it a bit. Now he absolutely loves it. As a 60yr old, 30yr Harley guy. We all went for a ride to Cassoday earlier this month and he
was more than Than happy to ride the shit out of it. Even getting some pretty good lean in corners.

Being a Harley guy for so long, it was hilarious when he said “man, it’s so fun in the corners.”....as though that was never a concept to him on his HD. Just hilarious seeing a 60yr old have the smile of a 20 yr old about a bike.
Awesome.

Vmax's are wicked fast.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:11 PM   #2409
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
First Build.
72 Amen Savior frame.
78 Honda CB750F Super Sport.
Nice!!! Wow, really nice!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #2410

Rode tonight, lost my POW/MIA flag (WTF is up with THAT!!!), came back with a crust of bugs....

Other than the flag, it was a great ride...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #2411
Resident Glue Sniffer

reminds me of my brother; riding back from Arkansas, he lost his rain sock for his AC somewhere after our last fuel stop. he texted me when we got home with a picture; it was his rain sock; it somehow fell off , and landed on his rear peg and stayed their the last 200 miles.

another time, I was riding behind a buddy on a trip, and his rain fly cover for his tail bag flew off; and hit my bike / wrapped itself around my mirror. .
Old 09-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #2412
Supporter

So back on the 12th a very good friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident. Been a pretty big struggle as I have lost multiple friends this year, due to a variety of reasons. Just wanted to say, be careful gentlemen/ladies. It isn’t very often that you get a very harsh reminder how exposed you are on a bike. Shit can change very quickly for you and your loved ones, ride carefully gentlemen/ladies.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
So back on the 12th a very good friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident. Been a pretty big struggle as I have lost multiple friends this year, due to a variety of reasons. Just wanted to say, be careful gentlemen/ladies. It isn’t very often that you get a very harsh reminder how exposed you are on a bike. Shit can change very quickly for you and your loved ones, ride carefully gentlemen/ladies.
Agree and thank you. It's a huge fear and why I ride as safely as I can. Because of exactly what you said.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #2414
MVP

Installing resistor in fuel gauge wiring to improve accuracy.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:12 AM   #2415
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
sorry to hear about your friend. damn.
Do you know what/how it happened?

the last 2 years, it's been a bad for me as well. at least 3 people I know have been killed. Not necessarily good friends, but people I've interacted with / always see at bike nights (before COVID), poker runs, and the usual stops around here on popular runs.

I crashed in 03; lowside. was wearing leather jacket with armor; jeans, work boots, helmet gloves. cracked a rib, and broke a bone in my hand.

'16 went down when run off the road; over the bars when getting pinched between a car coming into my lane (on his cell phone/texting..I saw it as I approached his passenger side) and the curb. jeans, t-shirt, beanie helmet. Helmet was caved in in the back. slid on my back/shoulders, and rolled to my front and slid on my forearms that were tucked under my body . when I was sliding on my back, I heard the bike fly over me /and the engine was decellerating. I thought it was going to land on my face so I covered up my face with my hands (like it wouldn't helped lol). slid like that, then momenturm rolled me to my front in that same position. forearms rashed up good, and knuckles on my hands (from covering my face).

Replaced that harley with another. but never liked really riding them since. zero braking power/suspension performance for me; no abs etc. Sold that last SG in April.

now i went back to a street bike. abs, 6 axis IMU, traction control, power modes. I ride in full gear. jacket rated for a 6 second slide; CE level 2 back plate, shoulder and elbow/forearm armor. Some pants that look like cargos but are kevlar in the kees and butt; with CE lvl 2 inserts in the knees and hips. Axo semi-race boots with ankle re-enforcement, heel and toe enforcement. i've got a pair of TCX casual boots that are a little lower up the calf, but have some of the same heel/toe/ankle re-enforcement. Need to get a legit textile overpant, but hard to find in my size with all this COVID stuf going on.

This year, I barely rode in the dead as heat of summer. just too hot with all the gear. didn't ride at all in July. but I can ride deep into fall, and start early spring.

it's dangerous out there. these days more than ever. GD Cell phones and people using them to text and/or talk while driving is awful. so many close calls. I don't care anymore - I ride spirited now. I'm always passing cars / never hanging out anywhere near them if I can avoid it. Don't care if I get a ticket. I've known several riding friends who don't ride anymore because of all the cell phone drivers/too many close calls. what used to be a group of probably 10 of us, is down to 2 or 3.

going down without gear like I did in '16....yeah, that sucked. No more of that for me. full gear. if it's too hot to ride with it all, I don't ride. period.