Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #2356
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
I am looking for insurance for a new to me 2005 Kawasaki Concours 1000 w/ 10,700 miles. I want full coverage, comp and collision, a high liability and good passenger coverage.

Suggestions?

The Concours is cool. Can't get get myself off that ZX14 though even in my old age. LOVE that bike. How many miles you put on a year?
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #2357
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
Check out Markel https://www.markelinsurance.com/motorcycle . 2010 Honda VT1300CS, full coverage $123.00 for the year.
That's what we are talking about

What do they provide the passenger?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #2358
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
That's what we are talking about

What do they provide the passenger?
I think it was $100,000 but not certain. I would have to look at my policy, which I am no where near ATM.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #2359
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
I think it was $100,000 but not certain. I would have to look at my policy, which I am no where near ATM.
I talked to 2 companies and they were like $25K and only if the accident is my fault. I want some coverage that's going to keep me out of court in case the worst happens with a rider on the back.

I have been riding since the 70's and have had to lay bikes down only twice and both times I picked the bike up and drive away. I hit a Doberman once, it broke the fairing 2003 Concours and slapped my leg to where I was sore a couple of day but kept it upright. The dog who was chasing / attacking me didn't fair so well.

I don't want to find out with a passenger on the back that since an accident wasn't my fault and the dog's owner wasn't ID'ed that I will be paying for the cost to fix my passenger.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #2360
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
The Concours is cool. Can't get get myself off that ZX14 though even in my old age. LOVE that bike. How many miles you put on a year?
Wow, nobody has pulled this up in awhile. Don't know if I will get in my 6k average this year. Everybody else keeping it up?
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #2361
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Wow, nobody has pulled this up in awhile. Don't know if I will get in my 6k average this year. Everybody else keeping it up?
NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Between a shitty spring, loss of my Mom, putting my Dad in extended care, and selling all there possessions has resulted in little bike time.
Hopefully this fall we make it out to Utah and I ride my ass off.

I hope everybody's season is going better then mine.
Be SAFE
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #2362
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Between a shitty spring, loss of my Mom, putting my Dad in extended care, and selling all there possessions has resulted in little bike time.
Hopefully this fall we make it out to Utah and I ride my ass off.

I hope everybody's season is going better then mine.
Be SAFE
Sorry to hear it brother. I lost both my parents awhile back and went through all that you are at this point. I totally get it.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #2363
Supporter

I haven't had much time to get good amounts of riding. I ride to work every day, though.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #2364
Supporter

Only put in around 11,000 this year, with the new baby it’s been hard. Normally I put in 18-20 so I got a little over half, but it’s not a bad thing. Miles are adding up on the bike so it’s time for an overhaul and refresh the motor.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #2365
Resident Glue Sniffer

I've ridden 2 times since April of 2018.
Once to a bike night last April, then when I rode from my old house to my new house in November 2018.

Just been so busy with......everything, I've had zero time to ride, or the energy to.
Bike has sat, dead battery, fuel is probably shot. i need to get a battery and get it out to ride just a bit, and run some fuel injector cleaner through it and put in some fresh fuel.

I've just wanted to sell it, but haven't even had time to get it up and ready to sell.
anyone want to buy it? lol
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #2366
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Took my bike to a buddy's garage right before I moved and parked it. It sat there for over 3 years and I didn't do anything to garage prep it because I didn't figure it would just sit there that long. Life just happened and I never picked it back up.

He's moving so I went to get it out of his garage. Tightened a couple of connections, put in a new battery and it fired right up. Inflated the tires and rode it for about 10 miles before I decided I was probably pushing my luck without tuning it up and having the tires looked at.

Metric bikes, man. I had just given my dad shit for getting stranded in Idaho on his fairly new ultra-glide when the voltage regulator got stuck. I told him to get a Vulcan and he won't have to deal with that shit.

Within 48 hours I'm pretty sure I proved me right. I can't believe that thing just fired up and ran. Got up to 70 as easy as ever with old gas and almost certainly kinda fouled up plugs.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #2367
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Took my bike to a buddy's garage right before I moved and parked it. It sat there for over 3 years and I didn't do anything to garage prep it because I didn't figure it would just sit there that long. Life just happened and I never picked it back up.

He's moving so I went to get it out of his garage. Tightened a couple of connections, put in a new battery and it fired right up. Inflated the tires and rode it for about 10 miles before I decided I was probably pushing my luck without tuning it up and having the tires looked at.

Metric bikes, man. I had just given my dad shit for getting stranded in Idaho on his fairly new ultra-glide when the voltage regulator got stuck. I told him to get a Vulcan and he won't have to deal with that shit.

Within 48 hours I'm pretty sure I proved me right. I can't believe that thing just fired up and ran. Got up to 70 as easy as ever with old gas and almost certainly kinda fouled up plugs.
I've been considering getting a Harley to go with the ZX14 but I am just not getting enough miles in to justify it. Somebody would have to build one exactly the way I would and fire sale it. I love that ZX14
Old 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #2368
Veteran

Went and looked at the new Indian Scouts.... real sharp bikes with a pretty stout early reputation.
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:57 AM   #2369

To the ozarks three times, several day rides around STL and many to and from work rides. No long trips planned, but I’m sure I’ll get a couple more to the lake and such.
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:07 AM   #2370
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Only put in around 11,000 this year, with the new baby it’s been hard. Normally I put in 18-20 so I got a little over half, but it’s not a bad thing. Miles are adding up on the bike so it’s time for an overhaul and refresh the motor.
11K for a season is very respectable. I would obtain that millage in a good year.
How long is you riding season?
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.