Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2023, 04:13 AM  
"I'm with you fellers"

How do you save money?

Everything is so damn expensive that I don’t know how anyone is making ends meet. I just won some money and paid off all credit cards and two vehicles so that helped but I made enchiladas tonight and it cost 22.00! You can’t make a trip to sams without dropping several hundred. Eating out, OMG ! Anyways how do you guys/gals save money on life ?
What are your hacks?

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 11-11-2023 at 09:03 AM..
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:24 AM   #16
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I quit drinking 3 months ago, the wife quit smoking back in February, $500 a month right there.

Now I'm alternate day fasting .The wife is bed ridden so I only feed her when she starts to get too skinny. $1000 right there
When I quit smoking 6 years ago, my smokes were $4.50 a pack. I saw them for $8.45 the other day if you buy two. I think about all the money I saved and then think of all the money I wasted on the damn things and kick myself in the ass.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:33 AM   #17
MVP

$0 for TV (antenna and streaming).
99% of meals are homemade.
Drive a 2007 Toyota (still going strong and huge savings on property taxes).
Just switched insurance carriers that saved a bundle.
$30 for Internet. Lowest price around here (100 Mbps)
I do most home repairs. YouTube is a great resource if there's something I haven't tackled before.

Last edited by Stewie; 11-11-2023 at 08:39 AM..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:41 AM   #18
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

spend every dollar, you could die tomorrow (or tonight)
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 08:49 AM   #19
Mahomes Fanboi

I can't save money because I'm married to a shopaholic.

I do have tons of tiny little assets that sit on shelves and make a house look pretty though.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 08:52 AM   #20
Kind of a mod

It's harsh, but when it comes down to it, you have two options:

1. Spend less
2. Make more

Usually spend less is the easier option in the short term (though if you're already living a very frugal lifestyle, there may not be much room left). In the long term, though, making more is the better bet. Obviously that's 1000% easier said than done, but if you're finding it difficult to cut back anymore, consider looking for another job, taking classes to boost your qualifications, taking on a side gig, etc.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:54 AM   #21
My Mamma Says

Don’t have a woman…. You’ll be rich..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:10 AM   #22
Beyond the Rapids

The choice of a spouse is the most important financial decision that most people ever make.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:13 AM   #23
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
The choice of a spouse is the most important financial decision that most people ever make.

via GIFER

FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:21 AM   #24
Politically Incorrect

I make about 85-105K a year more than my bills. Not an issue.

No ex-wives or alimony
No kids or child support
No college or loans
Less than 2k on credit cards paid monthly
No boats or RV's
Car paid off
Don't collect memorabilia or art or old cars

I get to spend my money on cigars, golf, travel, sports and entertainment, top shelf food and drink, young women, and anything else I desire.

Pretty blessed with a big gap between take home pay and bills.

Invest and save a decent amount but not excessive.

I don't have to worry about leaving money for anyone so it makes things much less complicated.

I have no idea how a family of 5 with 3 teenagers can afford things making less than $150k a year. Prices of everything for families has gone through the roof.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:39 AM   #25
Mod Team

Two car payments?

Oh I forgot, most Americans just expect for each person in the house to have a car payment.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:45 AM   #26
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Two car payments?

Oh I forgot, most Americans just expect for each person in the house to have a car payment.
Can't wait until my son turns 16. Gonna finance the nicest Chiefs red Camaro I can find. There you go kid, have 400 hp on dad's insurance tab!!
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:46 AM   #27
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Don’t have a woman…. You’ll be rich..

Or you could be handsome and charming and marry one that makes more money than you , at least that’s what did . When it comes to saving money I am normally pretty cheap and hate debt so it kind of takes care of itself.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:51 AM   #28
Ultrabanned

I have a 5 month old. Between daycare, diapers and doctor's visits I don't save money anymore.

She's worth it though. This kid is even better than my first one!
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:55 AM   #29
Veteran

Don't eat out very often.
Cut the cable bill.
Thermostat @ 78 in summer, 66 in winter.
Don't buy anything on credit except your home.
Drive older cars until they rust away.
Learn how to fix the things you have.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #30
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
Don't eat out very often.
Cut the cable bill.
Thermostat @ 78 in summer, 66 in winter.
Don't buy anything on credit except your home.
Drive older cars until they rust away.
Learn how to fix the things you have.
I have never regulated my thermostat to save money. I make sure the temp is very cool in the summer and drop it down at night to 68.

I love it cool so I rarely need to turn on the heat. My electric bills drop to about $35 in Winter and about $200 in Summer for about 3 months.

I do turn the thermostat up in the summer to 76 when I go out for extended time and jack it up to 84 if I go away for days.

Comfort over cost.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.