Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread

Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #181
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
I hear you, but having Sunday Ticket is more crucial for me because I'm on the West Coast so it's really my only chance to see the majority of our games.
Very true. Good luck with your plan.

I don't understand why they give a new customer a special deal but drive long-term subscribers directly into the arms of their competition.

It's just terrible business.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #182
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
I'll likely have to send back the box though, right? I'm assuming they would give her a brand new one.
Yup, they will act like it's a total return. So she will have to turn everything in and/or they will take everything. Then they setup a return where they will install all new equipment on "her" new plan since you no longer live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Very true. Good luck with your plan.

I don't understand why they give a new customer a special deal but drive long-term subscribers directly into the arms of their competition.

I actually had the DTV customer service admit that a few weeks ago to me. They are trying to give loyal customers more discounts like new members. They finally gave me a good deal last time after talking to someone who knew what they were doing. She admitted they are working on it and while the offer wasn't as good as some on here, it was the best I have received in 3+ years with them. Half off Sunday Ticket which is fair enough for me, free HBO and movies for 3 months and $20 bill credit for 12 months.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #183
Settle this once and forever

How much do you guys end up paying for cable and Internet anyway?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #184
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
How much do you guys end up paying for cable and Internet anyway?
with comcast my total is 118 for their 2nd highest tier tv package plus HB0 and sports and 100mb internet. i was paying 114 for just direct tv before.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #185
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Did you have ST our Direct TV at the time it was mailed to you?
Nope. Have UVerse
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #186
In Search of a Life

Quote:

This is how they all work.. They older customers subsidize the new ones.

I have AT&T and have to call every year to negotiate a new deal. It always works. I just say im leaving to a competitor if you dont give me the price i want. It helps if you quote the competitors price
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #187
Starter

I called last Saturday and asked them if I could get a discount for my NFL ticket. I already paid one installment so I wanted to see what they could do for me. What they said made me shake my head. They said "of course we can. I see that you were preapproved for a 30% discount already". I said "well why didn't you apply it already?" She said "Oh we do this when people call to ask". I got the 30% and $5 off my monthly bill for the year! You think she may have let a secret out? ha ha
KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.KCChiefsfan1234 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
This is how they all work.. They older customers subsidize the new ones.

I have AT&T and have to call every year to negotiate a new deal. It always works. I just say im leaving to a competitor if you dont give me the price i want. It helps if you quote the competitors price
They aren't subsidizing when they cease being customers.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #189
MVP

Well, I called a little over a month ago and they wouldn't do anything. I called 2 days ago and they still wouldn't do anything. Today I called and told them I planned to drop them and eat the early termination fee. They asked why and I said because I normally get NFLST every year and couldn't get any offers my last 2 calls.

They ended up offering me Sunday Ticket Max for 50% off and I also got a $10 discount for 12 months. So I took it. I was worried I wasn't going to get anything. Until today they wouldn't budge an inch.

I am happy.
KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.KCFalcon59 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #190
My work speaks for itself!!!

I called two weekends ago, started the conversation with "i want to talk to someone about my contract, and what the end date is"......immediately transferred (assuming to "retention").

I start the conversation by saying I need to find a way to save some money on my bill.....and I'm not happy that CBS was blacked out for nearly a month....

Lady says...."I see you've been with us for several years....and you pay on time.....I want to talk about the channels you use/dont use, but I also see we can probably get you the NFL sunday ticket for free....."

Didnt even have to ask.

I pressed my luck, and asked "...does that free cover the sunday ticket max" (as I love the red zone channel)......and she said no, but if I were to push my contract out a year (as it was technically up at the time of the call), she could offer some discounts to offset.

Long story short, cut out a few channels I dont watch, and got sunday ticket and max for about 7 bucks less a month than what I was paying before.

A worthwhile call for sure.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #191
I’m a Mahomo!

Free preview of it this weekend like always.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #192
MVP

Quote:
Ahh, they are doing the same thing to you that they did to me!

**** em'. They lost a customer for 2+ years. I like Dishnetwork better in every way except the lack of Sunday Ticket, which I really didn't miss last year. (redzone channel FTW!)
I don't inserted this. Couldn't stand Dish network. Maybe things like their UI have chance since "THE HOPPA" came along.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #193
Supporter

Quote:
I don't inserted this. Couldn't stand Dish network. Maybe things like their UI have chance since "THE HOPPA" came along.
It is a lot better on the hopper. I hate going to a friends house that has the old interface.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
with comcast my total is 118 for their 2nd highest tier tv package plus HB0 and sports and 100mb internet. i was paying 114 for just direct tv before.
I'm paying $130 for Directv, not including internet, and no HBO etc.

Have an option for 50mb internet and all of the pertinent cable channels for $100 that I'd like to take advantage of, but don't want to lose out on Sunday ticket.

Last edited by aturnis; 09-09-2015 at 10:20 PM..
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:23 AM   #195
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm paying $130 for Directv, not including internet, and no HBO etc.

Have an option for 50mb internet and all of the pertinent cable channels for $100 that I'd like to take advantage of, but don't want to lose out on Sunday ticket.
I was paying 60 also for my internet. So now its like im getting internet for free. I would have been stupid to pass it up. Losing the sunday ticket on my big screen sucks no doubt, but ill live.

I have my direct tv account suspended! i just talked to direct tv chat and they told me i could STILL get NFL sunday ticket though streaming. I need to call between 10am and 6pm. IM calling about 1pm.

Ill report back later.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.