Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

New Conference re-alignment thread

The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:47 PM   #8716
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
They don’t have the history of Duke to bring in
Duke’s history before Coach K is nothing.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:50 PM   #8717
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Some Grade A trolling going on here.
Sorry bout you luck, bruh. Your school is an afterthought.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #8718
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Duke’s history before Coach K is nothing.
Not true ^
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:52 PM   #8719
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Sorry bout you luck, bruh. Your school is an afterthought.
I pay you a compliment and you want to be dick in return? **** you then, border trash.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:54 PM   #8720
Starter

Quote:
I pay you a compliment and you want to be dick in return? **** you then, border trash.
I’ll live. Take a gummy and relax.
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #8721
**** the Raiders

Quote:
I’ll live. Take a gummy and relax.
I tell you I was paying you a compliment and your reaction isn’t, “My bad, dude, I misunderstood” but, telling me your ok with being a dick to someone who was complimenting you…

You’re as arrogant as a KU fan. Congratulations on being that which you claim to hate.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:05 PM   #8722
Starter

Quote:
I tell you I was paying you a compliment and your reaction isn’t, “My bad, dude, I misunderstood” but, telling me your ok with being a dick to someone who was complimenting you…

You’re as arrogant as a KU fan. Congratulations on being that which you claim to hate.
Take a breath. You’ll be fine.

Also, I don’t hate anyone. It’s college sports lol.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:09 PM   #8723
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Take a breath. You’ll be fine.

Also, I don’t hate anyone. It’s college sports lol.
I’m not upset or excited. I find, what I am guessing, is your misconception of my fandom rather amusing actually.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:19 PM   #8724
Starter

Quote:
I’m not upset or excited. I find, what I am guessing, is your misconception of my fandom rather amusing actually.
I couldn’t care less about your fandom, or what you think about mine. Have a good weekend.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:22 AM   #8725
MVP

Quote:
Lol you’re so mad.

Projecting hate on Mizzou, while we are cashing huge checks. I hope you find a good conference. Sucks you aren’t a blue blood like Kentucky, UNC, or Duke to force your way into a decent conference.
This might be the first time I’ve been informed that KU isn’t a blueblood. And it’s a Missouri fan. How utterly shocking.

It’s funny that you think the B1G would welcome Rutgers but turn their nose up at KU. As if Rutgers brings in the NY market. KU, however, owns the KC metro.

KU will soon own B1G basketball much like they’ve owned the Big 12.

Enjoy those checks. Bet they’re way more satisfying than wins.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:29 AM   #8726
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
This might be the first time I’ve been informed that KU isn’t a blueblood. And it’s a Missouri fan. How utterly shocking.

It’s funny that you think the B1G would welcome Rutgers but turn their nose up at KU. As if Rutgers brings in the NY market. KU, however, owns the KC metro.

KU will soon own B1G basketball much like they’ve owned the Big 12.

Enjoy those checks. Bet they’re way more satisfying than wins.
****ing nobody is watching KU football. Nobody.

That's where the juice is at for the conference.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:14 AM   #8727
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I'm sure the Big 10 would love to have them.
I am not a KU basher, but I ask honestly why would they? What does KU bring to the table? They don't check off any boxes that this expansion and realignment is about. Weak FB program, small media market (KC is not purely KU territory). If basketball was a driving force then they could have just offered an invite to a Villanova or Georgetown (much larger markets).

I do hope KU lands on their feet and it would be cool if they make it to the B1G, I just don't see what that conference gains from KU joining.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:47 AM   #8728
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I am not a KU basher, but I ask honestly why would they? What does KU bring to the table? They don't check off any boxes that this expansion and realignment is about. Weak FB program, small media market (KC is not purely KU territory). If basketball was a driving force then they could have just offered an invite to a Villanova or Georgetown (much larger markets).

I do hope KU lands on their feet and it would be cool if they make it to the B1G, I just don't see what that conference gains from KU joining.
Couldn’t this same argument be applied to Rutgers? Granted, NYC is massive, but Rutgers isn’t entirely NYC territory and Rutgers football is not KU football trash, yet, has a funky aroma also.
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:50 AM   #8729
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken View Post
Couldn’t this same argument be applied to Rutgers? Granted, NYC is massive, but Rutgers isn’t entirely NYC territory and Rutgers football is not KU football trash, yet, has a funky aroma also.
Yes, but as you noted, NYC is massive.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #8730
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post

It improves the basketball brand. Football matters. So do national brands, and kansas remains a national brand.

When you look at what's left of other big schools, I'm not sure where else the B1G would go as it tries to expand.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.