Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2024, 11:20 AM  
Thank you

Went for a 5k run and decided to run like Pacheco...

Doc says I broke EVERY bone in BOTH feet! If this thread gets 1,000 posts I'll post the x-rays!! Let's GOO!!!!!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:25 PM   #16
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
So what you're saying is if he chose to focus on track rather than trivia he would have basically been Carl Lewis on steroids.

That is just...I can't even comprehend that statement. Unbelievable.
Well BELIEVE IT because it is TRUE!!!
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:39 PM   #17
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Whats a good time for a beginner runner in a 5k?

26 minutes, I guess. Basically around 8-minute miles. A fast jog.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:46 PM   #18
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
26 minutes, I guess. Basically around 8-minute miles. A fast jog.

Tuthfully, I think that's a bit fast for a beginner. I'd put a true beginner at 30 minutes, but you should be able to make really rapid progress to get down to 25 minutes. After that it gets a little tougher.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #19
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
"Pacheco runs like a little kid trying on a pair of sneakers for the first time"

That quote always makes me chuckle, because it's so true.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:54 PM   #20
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Tuthfully, I think that's a bit fast for a beginner. I'd put a true beginner at 30 minutes, but you should be able to make really rapid progress to get down to 25 minutes. After that it gets a little tougher.

Eh, maybe. Depends on a few factors, but I feel like if you're already running a mile or two a day at anything under 10-minute miles, it shouldn't take that long to get under 30 minutes/3 miles. I think I was capable of running 3 miles in under 26 minutes in 8th grade when I first started running X-C, iirc.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:04 PM   #21
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
So what you're saying is if he chose to focus on track rather than trivia he would have basically been Carl Lewis on steroids.

That is just...I can't even comprehend that statement. Unbelievable.
And I'm even better at playing the blues than I am at running!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:12 PM   #22
Inmem 2.0

Will you still be able to CUM111!!!11
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:24 PM   #23
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Will you still be able to CUM111!!!11
ya
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:25 PM   #24
Thread I will end you.......

digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:28 PM   #25
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Well BELIEVE IT because it is TRUE!!!
Well, you were #2 behind Carcosa in trivia.

I believe it.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:33 PM   #26
What's up braj?

Just going two leave this here!!!

Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:41 PM   #27
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Whats a good time for a beginner runner in a 5k?
10 to 11 minute pace is good for a beginner. Anywhere from 31 to 32 minutes total.

I finished my first timed 5k at 30:05. Within a year of that, I had dropped more than 50 lbs and my best time was a shade under 23 minutes.

I've run roughly 1,000 miles per year for the past 11 years and almost all of my 5Ks now are from 26-29 minutes. It depends how hilly the course is and how much I want to just enjoy the scenery of any given course.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 01:44 PM   #28
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Eh, maybe. Depends on a few factors, but I feel like if you're already running a mile or two a day at anything under 10-minute miles, it shouldn't take that long to get under 30 minutes/3 miles. I think I was capable of running 3 miles in under 26 minutes in 8th grade when I first started running X-C, iirc.
10 minute pace to 8 minute pace is a big change. Height/stride length makes a pretty big difference though. I'm a short dude so I have to work a bit harder to get to that 8 minute pace than someone that is 6'3" and 1 of his strides equals 1.5 of mine.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:47 PM   #29
Thank you

Quote:
Yeah I don't think I can run 3.1 miles yet without stopping. I plan to run one when I can. Ive never ran more than 1.75 miles yet. Good luck to OP. Good accomplishment even with the injury.
I got back into running a year ago and it definitely took me a few weeks to do 3.1 without having to walk at all. Have been running 3.1 just about every day since then and it's been great. My health baseline, both physical and mental, has felt much higher as a result. I typically run it in the 28-29 range because I'm not really pushing for a faster time. I just like to stay in rhythm and keep up the habit.

Today though I ran it in 10 even though every bone broke within the first couple steps!!! PURE GRIT
Old 05-02-2024, 02:08 PM   #30
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
10 minute pace to 8 minute pace is a big change. Height/stride length makes a pretty big difference though. I'm a short dude so I have to work a bit harder to get to that 8 minute pace than someone that is 6'3" and 1 of his strides equals 1.5 of mine.

I'm only 5' 8" so I get it. Assuming the person is relatively healthy and of at least average height, 8 minute miles shouldn't be that hard with regular practice, imo.

I mean, I ran competitively in HS and a little in college, so maybe I'm not the right person to ask, but I was still able to run sub 8-minute miles (barely, like 7:45+) until I was around 45, with bad knees and ankles. Mostly I think it's a question of proper mechanics and breath control. I mean, 8 minute/miles is only like 7.5 mph. That's a quick jog.