Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   Topic Starter
MVP

Dog diagnosed with diabetes, advice welcome

Got very tough news at the vet today. My just about to turn 7 year old Visla diagnosed with diabetes, 600 glucose level. She'd suddenly dropped over 10 pounds.

I got the insulin and syringes and will give her the first injection tonight with her food. Will go back next week to spend a day measuring her glucose curve.

Of course when I got home I immediately started researching online, and was surprised to learn, if she survived that long, there's a 75 percent chance she'll be blind with cataracts within 9 months, could form overnight. I've lived with a blind dog, they do well, still wasn't expecting the additional gut punch. Vet didn't mention.

There's a wide range of life expectancy information. I'm all about quality of life, so I'll start preparing myself.

If anyone here has experience please share. Please don't hold
back the hard truths. I want to make the most informed decisions I can for her.

Since I've always been fortunate to work from home, we've been almost inseparable. Goes everywhere with me. Replaced both her ACLs so we could keep doing our hikes. Damn I love this dog. Please no diabetes jokes.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli