Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2023, 01:15 PM  
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

NAPOLEON

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:57 AM   #16
Veteran

Recently watched it on AppleTV.
It was ploddingly slow. There were several references to his charisma - yet there was nothing shown that gave any evidence of that. Instead, it was uncharismatic.
The visuals were good.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:52 PM   #17
pie is never free

Its frankly amazing just how bad this thing bombed, a Joaquin Phoenix and Ridley Scott historical epic couldn't miss, right?

The only couple of generally positive reviews I've seen are here on CP, what a massive bomb
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:10 PM   #18
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Finally got around to this one. It was not very good at all.
Total snooze fest.

With a decent editor, it could have been better.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:53 AM   #19
MVP

How do you make Napoleon boring?
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #20
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
How do you make Napoleon boring?
You make him Josephine's simp and have that be the focus of the movie....

I watched it last night, and kept checking to see how soon it would be over.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:03 PM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

Figures. Gotta love woke Hollywood. Behind every great man is a woman who either (a) actively conspires against him, or (b) has his balls in her purse. Is "purse" still an acceptable word, or should I call it a "utilitarian handbag"? I'd hate to offend anyone.

As far as this movie goes, in the past I'd have been chomping at the bit to see a sweeping, historical epic done by Ridley Scott. But I thought the trailers were awful. Phoenix's bland, bored expression never altered. A bad sign borne out by the overwhelmingly negative reactions.

Also, **** the French.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:07 PM   #22
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

{sigh}

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I know. But it's famous because Napoleon's exploits OUTSIDE of it are famous. Stand-alone, it's just another tryst.

So don't let it become the central tenant of a biopic.

If it's a movie about Napoleon, make it about Napoleon. Don't make it about Napoleon's relationship...oh, and there was a revolution and a couple battles and stuff...

Scott's usually pretty good about not overdoing that sort of thing, but the trailer makes me wonder.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:55 PM   #23
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{sigh}

Haha that’s remarkably accurate. Guessing you didn’t see it?
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:44 AM   #24
Feeling Victorian

Quote:

I streamed it. I shut it down about half way thru it. I couldn't take it anymore. I can't believe how shitty that movie was.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:53 AM   #25
Has a particular set of skills

They ****ed this movie up big time. Phoenix and Scott historical epic movie, how could you fail?

It was so damn slow. Napoleon's life should give you enough material to make a kick ass movie. Scott made some bad choices. Could have been an epic movie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:48 PM   #26
Cheat Death

Couldn’t hold my attention

*content spending the rest of the month watching future entry level employees chuck up bricks for their school of choice
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:22 PM   #27
Rookie

Not a bad film. I watched it not long ago
svistop is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.