Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2022, 12:57 PM  
I'll be back.

Starfield (Skyrim in Space)

Let's gooo! 11-11-22

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2023, 05:47 PM   #136
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
How can you be such an insufferable dick in all the media threads?
Lol. Cry more.

Its not like Bethesda games are shining examples of gaming perfection. It literally takes 2 seconds to hard save the game.

Not saving a Bethesda title for 45 minutes, well thats just you dropping your panties, spreading your cheeks and begging to be pink socked.

Then you want to go running to report the assault you asked for.

If me pointing out this quite common knowledge makes me a dick, so be it.

You probably blame the fire when you burn yourself too.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #137
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Yeah, there's no way that should have happened.

If you aren't making regular hard saves in a Bethesda title, any lost time you may encounter is kinda on you at this point.

True.

But the fact that you have too, and the playerbase knows you have too, isnt a player problem, its a dev problem.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:49 PM   #138
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
True.

But the fact that you have too, and the playerbase knows you have too, isnt a player problem, its a dev problem.
Wrong.

The devs are who they are. A mediocre development team that habitually launches beta quality product, who is content to let the modding community fix their product and get it into a playable state.

This is not New Heights Neeeeew Neeeeeews. Its been bethesdas badge of shame/honor for well over a decade.

Players expecting this leopard to have changed its spots and all of a sudden now you dont need to vigilantly monitor and make frequent backups of your progress are just unfathomably foolish.

Thats like expecting EA to release a Madden game better than NFL 2k5, a game that launched 18 years and 3 console generations ago, and then bitching when its exactly the ****ing same as their previously released product. Understand what youre buying, and who from.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:53 PM   #139
Supporter

Quote:
Wrong.

The devs are who they are. A mediocre development team that habitually launches beta quality product, who is content to let the modding community fix their product and get it into a playable state.

This is not New Heights Neeeeew Neeeeeews. Its been bethesdas badge of shame/honor for well over a decade.

Players expecting this leopard to have changed its spots and all of a sudden now you dont need to vigilantly monitor and make frequent backups of your progress are just unfathomably foolish.

Thats like expecting EA to release a Madden game better than NFL 2k5, a game that launched 18 years and 3 console generations ago, and then bitching when its exactly the ****ing same as their previously released product. Understand what youre buying, and who from.

MEH, MOST PEOPLE ARE CASUALS. THEY DONT KNOW AND SHOULDNT HAVE TOO. EXCUSING BAD DEVS WITH AN INSANE AMOUNT OF MONEY BEHIND THEM IS WTF
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:19 PM   #140
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Lol. Cry more.

Its not like Bethesda games are shining examples of gaming perfection. It literally takes 2 seconds to hard save the game.

Not saving a Bethesda title for 45 minutes, well thats just you dropping your panties, spreading your cheeks and begging to be pink socked.

Then you want to go running to report the assault you asked for.

If me pointing out this quite common knowledge makes me a dick, so be it.

You probably blame the fire when you burn yourself too.
Cry more? I was being overdramatic in an effort to be funny. Jesus, dude. How can you even fly a starship with that big stick up your ass? Grumpy bitch in every media thread. You're supposed to enjoy this stuff.

Like I said, I could have easily just used an autosave, but there were multiple items I got that I wanted to keep. Which finally worked out fine.

I thought it was funny.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2023, 11:31 AM   #141
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Cry more? I was being overdramatic in an effort to be funny. Jesus, dude. How can you even fly a starship with that big stick up your ass? Grumpy bitch in every media thread. You're supposed to enjoy this stuff.

Like I said, I could have easily just used an autosave, but there were multiple items I got that I wanted to keep. Which finally worked out fine.

I thought it was funny.
I prefer the Stroud Ecklund stick. Deimos feels like I'm ****ing a pop bottle.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:03 AM   #142
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
I prefer the Stroud Ecklund stick. Deimos feels like I'm ****ing a pop bottle.

Go big or go home.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #143
How tall is this thing?

Getting toward the end of my time with this game, I'm not sure what is happening as I have like 2 outposts with minimal things going on, but the game is just soft locking and hard crashing like crazy.

I'm wondering if it's related to inventory, as in typical Bethesda shopkeeper fashion, they never have enough credits to buy your stuff, so you have to take your value I trade, which has been just cleaning out their ammo stock every time.

So I literally have more ammo than I can really spend.

I get soft locks pausing the game to travel, and if the alloted auto save time has passed, it tries to save but just locks, with all the ambient noise and music still going.

I get hard crashes typically when arriving on a new planet, and taking the first few steps forward, which I believe would also be during an autosace time frame, having just exited the ship.

This crash simply kicks me to the home screen.

I'm not sure if auto saves can be disabled.

I never had any issues like this in the early game, but approaching the 100 hour mark and a literal ****ton of ammo in the inventory at this point I'm leaning toward this being the culprit.

It's getting to the point where I really don't care how the story ends, or how these factions play out when it's just breaking 4-5 times per session.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:33 PM   #144
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I suspect what happened is that you stumbled upon a game break landmine at some point, and unless you can go back to a save point prior to that happening, it won't ever be right and you're just ****ed. And it could be anything. The minute shit gets wonky on me I go back to an earlier save and that generally cures it. I'm at level 77 in my current playthrough, have a bunch of settlements that are starting to get somewhat complex, and don't have any of the issues you're having. And I have tens of thousands of rounds of random ammo just as you do.

The shittiest part for me is that ship capturing is now completely broken, which is apparently a common problem. I don't know if it's just a high level thing, or a hidden landmine thing, but the enemy ships I encounter on planet surfaces no longer spawn crew or open. They land and just sit there, and that's that. So I already couldn't board and capture them in space and now I can't board and capture them on the ground. That sucks balls, because it's the single most fun part of the game.

I still haven't loaded any mods yet, but I suspect the answer lies there.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:44 PM   #145
How tall is this thing?

I may do that, I have enough individual hard saves that I should be able to locate one that doesn't choke on data when I press to go to the map/inventory/ship screen.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:08 PM   #146
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I suspect what happened is that you stumbled upon a game break landmine at some point, and unless you can go back to a save point prior to that happening, it won't ever be right and you're just ****ed. And it could be anything. The minute shit gets wonky on me I go back to an earlier save and that generally cures it. I'm at level 77 in my current playthrough, have a bunch of settlements that are starting to get somewhat complex, and don't have any of the issues you're having. And I have tens of thousands of rounds of random ammo just as you do.

The shittiest part for me is that ship capturing is now completely broken, which is apparently a common problem. I don't know if it's just a high level thing, or a hidden landmine thing, but the enemy ships I encounter on planet surfaces no longer spawn crew or open. They land and just sit there, and that's that. So I already couldn't board and capture them in space and now I can't board and capture them on the ground. That sucks balls, because it's the single most fun part of the game.

I still haven't loaded any mods yet, but I suspect the answer lies there.
Yeah, there's been tons of reports of that on reddit as well. It's a known bug.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #147
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Yeah, there's been tons of reports of that on reddit as well. It's a known bug.
I just installed a mod that fixed it (I think). A ship landed and a guy got out. Unfortunately they closed dock before I could get in, but that's happened before; I should have charged for the ship instead of killing him.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2023, 05:20 PM   #148
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I just installed a mod that fixed it (I think). A ship landed and a guy got out. Unfortunately they closed dock before I could get in, but that's happened before; I should have charged for the ship instead of killing him.
So far so good with the patch. I was able to attack and board an enemy ship in space, and when I got onboard, the mission option to take control popped up and the enemy crew was onboard and fighting. All went normally, except that they had a hostage onboard (how the **** would I know that?) who I apparently greased during the melee. That instantly got me a UC bounty and a totally pissed-off space wife, but I was able to pay off the bounty and get back in Sarah's good graces. Was able to register the ship and do some modifications. Fingers crossed.

God bless that modder. Oh, here's the link.

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/4704?tab=posts
Old 10-17-2023, 09:43 PM   #149
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
I noticed on a lot if these that once the assault crew that gets out is killed, the door closes and leaves.

I like popping phased time and getting by them while they're stuck in slow mo and then boarding the ship.

The most annoying encounter is the one big badass Ecliptic ship, that every single God damn ****ing time I find it, it ALWAYS is being piloted by mother ****ing Bounty Hunters and this for some reason keeps me from stealing the ship.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:50 PM   #150
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I noticed on a lot if these that once the assault crew that gets out is killed, the door closes and leaves.

I like popping phased time and getting by them while they're stuck in slow mo and then boarding the ship.

The most annoying encounter is the one big badass Ecliptic ship, that every single God damn ****ing time I find it, it ALWAYS is being piloted by mother ****ing Bounty Hunters and this for some reason keeps me from stealing the ship.
Hmm, I haven't encountered that yet. All the ships I've boarded I've been able to capture. Did you select the bounty hunter perk when you created your character?