Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
People here would bitch if KC put up 100 and gave up 1 yard on defense.
Um, no. It was good to win, and the Ravens ARE a good team with a very good QB. But, some of the shit that happened with our defense made it POSSIBLE for the Ravens to have hope and be in the game.

Look, I'll take it, glad we won, and I honestly was never really worried. Just want to see our defense step on some bitches necks and they just won't. Yet anyway.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Um, no. It was good to win, and the Ravens ARE a good team with a very good QB. But, some of the shit that happened with our defense made it POSSIBLE for the Ravens to have hope and be in the game.

Look, I'll take it, glad we won, and I honestly was never really worried. Just want to see our defense step on some bitches necks and they just won't. Yet anyway.
New scheme. Lots of new players. Barring injury, it's going to get better.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
oxymoron

I don't think they expected Baltimore to come out running the ball after halftime any more than I do. I mean, they were down 23-6, playing like they were the team with the lead. And, you know what, I'm kind of okay with that. If the Ravens want a 5 minute drive to start the half when they're down 17, then, shit, let em go for it. I thought it was really dumb, at the time. Thought that all they were doing was shortening the game and making it harder on themselves to catch up. And as it turns out, that was the case. They ran out of time.

And the two bombs that padded Jackson's stats in the fourth quarter, one was a PI they got away with and the other one we should've played like it was a hail mary, and not tried to catch it.

The defense did its job, in the end. They forced a FG when they needed to, and they held on the 2 point conversion. They kept them under 30, which is what you need to win with this offense. And shit, not gonna win pretty every week, and that game wasn't nearly as ugly as either the score or the yardage stats made it look.

My takeaways: Need to continue to work on the run defense. We had trouble tackling Ingram today, and I'm not sure why; tackling had been much better in previous games. I thought Thornhill had maybe his toughest game so far, but that's the learning curve for a young safety. On the flip side, I thought this was the first time the Mathieu looked good this season. The coverage is improving every week, across the board. We're starting to see some push from the defensive line on pass plays. We're starting to see a little more creativity with stunts and blitzes.

All in all, we're 3 games into a complete defensive overhaul, both personnel and system, and it's pretty much going exactly like you'd expect. Some good plays, some costly breakdowns.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #5
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I don't think they expected Baltimore to come out running the ball after halftime any more than I do. I mean, they were down 23-6, playing like they were the team with the lead. And, you know what, I'm kind of okay with that. If the Ravens want a 5 minute drive to start the half when they're down 17, then, shit, let em go for it. I thought it was really dumb, at the time. Thought that all they were doing was shortening the game and making it harder on themselves to catch up. And as it turns out, that was the case. They ran out of time.

And the two bombs that padded Jackson's stats in the fourth quarter, one was a PI they got away with and the other one we should've played like it was a hail mary, and not tried to catch it.

The defense did its job, in the end. They forced a FG when they needed to, and they held on the 2 point conversion. They kept them under 30, which is what you need to win with this offense. And shit, not gonna win pretty every week, and that game wasn't nearly as ugly as either the score or the yardage stats made it look.

My takeaways: Need to continue to work on the run defense. We had trouble tackling Ingram today, and I'm not sure why; tackling had been much better in previous games. I thought Thornhill had maybe his toughest game so far, but that's the learning curve for a young safety. On the flip side, I thought this was the first time the Mathieu looked good this season. The coverage is improving every week, across the board. We're starting to see some push from the defensive line on pass plays. We're starting to see a little more creativity with stunts and blitzes.

All in all, we're 3 games into a complete defensive overhaul, both personnel and system, and it's pretty much going exactly like you'd expect. Some good plays, some costly breakdowns.
This is the most sensible take on today’s defensive performance in this thread.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
You Sweetie!

BB and Ogbah looked very decent.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
Hey Teacher!

I see some improvement but honestly this run D drives me nuts! Im not pleased with how easily its getting shredded. I don’t like how Baltimore easily moved the ball on us there.

Our linebackers man, especially Hitchens need to fight off blocks better and close lanes faster and better.
bricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #8
Supporter

How many of the rush yards that we give up are coming when we are up by 2 or 3 scores?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #9
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
How many of the rush yards that we give up are coming when we are up by 2 or 3 scores?
Enough to make it a game when it shouldn't have been.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Enough to make it a game when it shouldn't have been.
Get the **** out of here. What made it a game was 2 prayer passes that got caught. Save your bullshit. The Ravens got lucky on 2 passes that set up TD's or they aren't even in the game. And don't give me your bullshit about lucky plays counting. That doesn't make them any less lucky.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #11
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Get the **** out of here. What made it a game was 2 prayer passes that got caught. Save your bullshit. The Ravens got lucky on 2 passes that set up TD's or they aren't even in the game. And don't give me your bullshit about lucky plays counting. That doesn't make them any less lucky.
This.

Need to shore up that run D, though.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
So two player passes that were made because our guys couldn't make plays? I don't see how that helps your argument of the defense being good.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

What we really need is to have a defense like Baltimore has. You know, the one that was down 30-13 after 3 quarters. The one that gave up 503 yards and 33 points. That's when we will be good! Yep. When our defense is as good as Baltimore's. Look out then.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #14
sorta mod-ish

Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:00 PM   #15
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
Yup, Edwards is a 235 lb beast. add to that a wet field and it makes it even harder to bring him down.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.