Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #2
Veteran

I’m only buying one system and it’ll be a PS5. I don’t give a shit about specs and flops. Sony’s exclusives are so much better than the Microsoft catalog and it’s supposed to be cheaper than the Xbox. Sweet! The next God of War will be insane.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I’m only buying one system and it’ll be a PS5. I don’t give a shit about specs and flops. Sony’s exclusives are so much better than the Microsoft catalog and it’s supposed to be cheaper than the Xbox. Sweet! The next God of War will be insane.
M$ strongly hinting they’ll be price competitive.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/...ncer-interview
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
M$ strongly hinting they’ll be price competitive.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/...ncer-interview
That would be fantastic. I want Xbox to be as competitive as possible because both companies are at their best when they feel the pressure. Sony got arrogant for the PS3 launch and got hammered in sales for it.

But what about the games? Have you heard anything about new IP coming out of Microsoft studios? Halo, Gears, and Forza don't appeal to me at all.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Tom’s breaks down what is known to this point:

https://www.tomshardware.com/
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:54 PM   #6
Plays to win the game!

Meh I think Sony is behind the 8 ball on this and rushing something out to have it at the same time as Microsoft, but their part deals aren't as good as Microsoft's so they need to charge more per system to make up the difference. They're trying to guess what Microsoft is going to charge and then they'll have to decide between $50 - $100 more for their system based on their exclusives and name. I'll be surprised if they cost the same. The press conference didn't tell me anything I didn't already know; wow, it's got similar specs to what Microsoft is putting out, provocative! Until you show me what it looks like and give me at least 3 launch titles I'm not going to get excited about it.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #7
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Meh I think Sony is behind the 8 ball on this and rushing something out to have it at the same time as Microsoft, but their part deals aren't as good as Microsoft's so they need to charge more per system to make up the difference. They're trying to guess what Microsoft is going to charge and then they'll have to decide between $50 - $100 more for their system based on their exclusives and name. I'll be surprised if they cost the same. The press conference didn't tell me anything I didn't already know; wow, it's got similar specs to what Microsoft is putting out, provocative! Until you show me what it looks like and give me at least 3 launch titles I'm not going to get excited about it.
It's like 20% percent less powerful than the Series X when in "boost" mode, which they probably only included to be even remotely close to the new Xbox.

It'll probably be much less powerful in the standard mode of operation. There's no way it will be able to sustain boost for any sort of decent amount of time due to heat issues.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:54 PM   #8
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Don't will be fine. Honestly most of the power is wasted by the developers in programming and shitty code. My problem with Sony is their first party games. Most are QuickTime movies. Spiderman was about it for me.

I also think it is foolish to spend the money on timed exclusives. Ms needs to up their game also. Their first party games sucked this generation. They killed a lot of promising games.

I think the next generation after this will be finally PC's. Upgradable consoles. Basically cheaper computers using proprietary software.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Don't will be fine. Honestly most of the power is wasted by the developers in programming and shitty code. My problem with Sony is their first party games. Most are QuickTime movies. Spiderman was about it for me.

I also think it is foolish to spend the money on timed exclusives. Ms needs to up their game also. Their first party games sucked this generation. They killed a lot of promising games.

I think the next generation after this will be finally PC's. Upgradable consoles. Basically cheaper computers using proprietary software.
I firmly believe Sony will win keep winning every generation whether it is less powerful than the Xbox equivalent or not.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I firmly believe Sony will win keep winning every generation whether it is less powerful than the Xbox equivalent or not.
Correct. The mass market cares about two things: Price and Games.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Correct. The mass market cares about two things: Price and Games.
That and the ridiculous mind share they have...Cerny's video is at 13 million view on YT after 6 days.

The PS5 logo was the most liked gaming related image on Instagram ever.

It's crazy.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
My problem with Sony is their first party games. Most are QuickTime movies. Spiderman was about it for me.
Those scenes are specifically designed to hide slow data loads from the hard drive. The SSD will fix that in the PS5. If you skip the quick time movie, you'll be sitting at a loading screen.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #13
Everybody Lies.

Quote:

I'm in total agreement. I've had every PS console since the original but this last generation just didn't do much for me. I'm not a graphics whore and I know graphics don't make the game, but when I don't give a shit about the exclusives, why wouldn't I just build a PC that can do anything.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #14
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I'm in total agreement. I've had every PS console since the original but this last generation just didn't do much for me. I'm not a graphics whore and I know graphics don't make the game, but when I don't give a shit about the exclusives, why wouldn't I just build a PC that can do anything.
I always assumed building your own PC gaming rig was way more expensive than going with consoles. Then again, I don't know shit, since the last console I bought was a PS2 and my desktop is an off-the-rack cheap POS from Best Buy five years ago.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #15
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
I always assumed building your own PC gaming rig was way more expensive than going with consoles. Then again, I don't know shit, since the last console I bought was a PS2 and my desktop is an off-the-rack cheap POS from Best Buy five years ago.
It is more expensive for sure. From what I've looked into and the parts I already have, it will cost around 1,000 bucks to build a pretty damn good computer. It would be worth it to me though, because my PC is what I use for everything. Even if I do eventually get a PS5, I still want/need to build a new PC.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.