Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2024, 08:20 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Best Chiefs roster in franchise history

Which roster do you think was/is the best in franchise history? And honestly why is it not this years roster?

-Chiefs have the best HC
-Arguably (we certainly think he is) the best DC in the league
-top 3 defense that only lost Sneed and should still be top 10
-an offense with 2 elite speed WR’s (Hollywood/Worthy), Rice and Wiley as a complimentary player to go with Mahomes/Kelce/Pacheco
-top 3 kicker in the league

Unless injuries occur (knock on wood) I think this team is KO’ing a lot of teams in the regular season like they did in 2020. Raiders are getting curb stomped. Broncos are getting beaten by double digits easy.

This team is so loaded man. Can 2020 or any other Chiefs team compare?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:30 AM   #61
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Sigh. I’m jacked up for this roster. I might put money down on an undefeated season, after seeing what we did and seeing what our rivals didn’t do.

What are the current Vegas odds?
If you think KC's backups can win?

I don't see Andy playing starters just for an undefeated season.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #62
In Search of a Life

If fau hits and plays well we’re gonna be tough

There’s still some vet de guys available so that shouldn’t be a problem

Need another rb
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:45 AM   #63
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Ain't it cool?

It's been a lot of fun watching teams trying to draft (and ultimately come up short) with the sole intention of taking Mahomes down, and now we're watching the league (arguably) implement new rules to give lesser teams a fighting chance against franchises with Mahomes-ian level talent (and there's only one of those).

Mahomes and the Chiefs are re-writing the standards of the NFL.
I would really appreciate getting an explanation of how the new kick return rules are intended to give lesser teams a better chance against us. I’d like to understand that.

In another post about what is the greatest dynasty ever I pointed out that the 1950s Montréal Canadiens were essentially so unbeatable, and especially on their power that the national hockey league change the power-play rules so that after you scored a goal, the penalized player came back on. That was a clear example of a league changing rules to handicap a team that Nobody else matched.

Is that the same situation here? If so, I’d like to understand it better.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:21 PM   #64
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th and Long View Post
You left out the one obvious thing that can derail this train in a heartbeat. Injuries. Other than that, the corner issue is the glaring concern, at this point in time.

Good point.

I still want Pacheco insurance and another WR to do some of the Rashee Rice stuff.

Because the way he was used last year isn't great over a lot of games for health.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:27 PM   #65
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
A threepeat, in the salary cap era? Man. It's hard to believe there's even a chance. If there's a team that ever could, this is it.
If you look back at history, the only thing that stopped the 90 49ers, 94 Cowboys, 05 Patriots....injuries, coaching changes and the salary cap.

Montana got hurt in the NFCCG.

Erik Williams had a horrendous car crash in 1994 for Dallas. Ken Norton was lost to free agency. Jimmy Johnson left (yeah that seems kinda huge lmao).

Teddy Bruschi got a STROKE. Richard Seymour missed 4 games. Ty Law was lost to free agency. Both coordinators left.

No one has had a better chance since 1990.

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 04-28-2024 at 03:37 PM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:39 PM   #66
Diablo Negro

Hey guys I get it but KC had a team with like 5 HOF players on it in the late 60's early 70's. And one of the best players on those teams isn't even in the HOF unfortunately.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:47 PM   #67
Starter

Shit we are so stacked that we just signed the best punter in history on a min contract, just in case. Thanks again, Buffalo.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:37 PM   #68
Admitted Planet Junky

The roster is players only. I wonder how the 94 team would stack up? It had Montana.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:46 PM   #69
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Hey guys I get it but KC had a team with like 5 HOF players on it in the late 60's early 70's. And one of the best players on those teams isn't even in the HOF unfortunately.
Yeah we’ve discussed that some. Great teams. But if you’re telling me to pick the all time (from an individual year basis) roster, there is no way that roster can be without Patrick Mahomes. No way.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:58 PM   #70
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I don't know how you can truly compare the teams from that far back to the current. The speed of today versus the violence of yesteryears is so far apart that it makes it impossible.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:07 PM   #71
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
I don't know how you can truly compare the teams from that far back to the current. The speed of today versus the violence of yesteryears is so far apart that it makes it impossible.
You can’t. The 60s is going too far back.

It’s been said already but the 69 Chiefs’ center was 6’4” 236. That’s basically Mahomes. Imagine Mahomes at center going up against Chris Jones for 60 snaps lol it would be a merciless slaughter.

They’d have no answer for guys like Chris Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill. The league hasn’t seen guys like that yet.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:11 PM   #72
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
couple that with no salary cap in those days and roster building was way easier.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:19 PM   #73
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Took a swing at roster projection. I think this is the up-to-date list after camp and UDFA signings (note - did not include minicamp invites).

I believe we have 98 players on the roster, and the roster size needs to be at 90, so there are 8 cuts to be made.

I believe there are 41 locks, 3 very likely, 20 players with a 50/50 shot, and 34 players with a less than 50/50 shot.

Combining the 41 locks and 3 very likely players, that leave 9 openings on the roster for 54 guys to fight over. That's crazy, and there's going to be serious talent that we cut!

I called out only 2 reasonable holes on our roster at this time:
Hole 1 - a veteran OT, which can easily be filled by signing Donovan Smith
Hole 2 - a RB 2/3, which may already filled by LRZ or our UDFA's. I would not be surprised to see a veteran RB brought in for camp to compete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.28.24 Roster.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	127424  
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:52 PM   #74

Veach was asked about possibly bringing back players like Smith (LT) or Hardman (WR), and he said they want to get through OTA's to see what they have, but as it stands they feel pretty good about what they have now.

Interesting that they feel Wanya and Kingsley may be enough at LT.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:53 PM   #75

Also noted that the battle will be at starting LT and RB3 and they'll need ST chops. Sounds like CEH might be a lock.