Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM  
Life is changing..

Jury Duty

I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #16
Banned

I learned to always postpone and select a date closest to Christmas. I never got the exact day I selected but 4 out of the 4 times I did this I didn't have to report. I have ulcerative colitis so now I am permantly excused.
CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CrookedTrump < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #17
Colorado Chief Fan

This is funny because I too was selected for jury duty. I forgot to call Monday night so I have no idea if I was selected or if I will get in trouble for not calling?
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #18
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
This is funny because I too was selected for jury duty. I forgot to call Monday night so I have no idea if I was selected or if I will get in trouble for not calling?
Ummm.. You should probably call them.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #19
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump View Post
I learned to always postpone and select a date closest to Christmas. I never got the exact day I selected but 4 out of the 4 times I did this I didn't have to report. I have ulcerative colitis so now I am permantly excused.
Matches the moniker
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #20
MVP

Penis tip: wear Chiefs gear, prosecution will think you’re a dumbass and scratch you.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #21
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?

It really depends on the judge. One might roll his/her eyes and decide it's too much trouble, and excuse you. Another one might get upset and threaten to hold you in contempt if you follow through--although it might be tough proving that you *deliberately* voted against the process rather than simply voting according to your genuine belief.

Of course, even if they cannot ultimately prove that you are in contempt, the process would be a pain. It might be easier to just say that you have an issue with the law itself, and you will try to encourage "jury nullification" due to your genuine beliefs on the matter.
Yosef_Malkovitch has disabled reputation
Old 11-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #22
"You like to drink?"

Two words: jury nullification
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #23
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Ummm.. You should probably call them.
I figure there is a really good chance my number wasnt called and they will leave me alone.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #24
Life is changing..

Quote:
I figure there is a really good chance my number wasnt called and they will leave me alone.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #25
Veteran

Tell them that you are very excited for jury duty because you can tell if someone is guilty by just looking at them- you'll get dismissed right away.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #26
Thread I will end you.......

Last time I was called, (every other year for 20 years).
A kind police officer left himself in the pool. (and should have been excluded.)

When asked if he knew the defendant he spoke up with a reply (I shit you not),"Not for this case but for another one."
Talk about a poison Jury pool...lol
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #27
Court Jester

I got selected for jury duty a few years ago and actually enjoyed it. It helps that I get paid time off through my employer for jury duty, so I purposely got selected as a juror to stick it to my boss. I just got a survey for federal jury duty in Florida so I don’t what’s involved with that if they end up having me come in.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #28
11-5, baby

Quote:
I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
Tell the attorneys in voir dire you’re a big fan of jury nullification.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #29
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Two words: jury nullification
Beat me to it.

Primer for everyone’s edification:

https://medium.com/@Rmcortes/jury-in...d-f9c40b587a8b
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
We have an audit starting Monday of next week. (The day I'm scheduled to report). I suppose I could roll the dice and hope I'm not selected - but I feel like the postponement might be a safer bet.

I looked on Missouri Case Net and saw at least 2 trials scheduled for Monday. Not sure if that actually has any meaning or not.
Your job should have a policy for jury duty.

I’d be sure to tell everyone involved bosses auditors whatever about it. Like right now.

Quote:
Do it. Dad spaced it one time and the sheriff showed up at the farm looking for him. My grandma was pissed. LOL.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.